Re: The Era of Myths art project thread

Post by AI »

No, you have to use a specific palette:

More info here.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Danke.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Flesh Artisan, with spikey shoulders. There seems to be someting off, but I can't really seem to find it. If someone does see it could s/he please yell?
Attachments
flesh artisan.PNG
flesh artisan.PNG (1.06 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Jester

Post by Jester »

>__>

This is not a triple post.

<__<

A Rabid Wolf... Which is a bit... big...

And the old units, so you can compare them.
Attachments
Wargtreeold.PNG
Wargtreeold.PNG (18.59 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
Wargtree.PNG
Wargtree.PNG (13.93 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
Rabid Wolf.PNG
Rabid Wolf.PNG (2.14 KiB) Viewed 3887 times

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The two things that I see that you could do for the blood artian.
1: Give him claws that look like they are there, don't hide them in fists.
2: Give him a more defined head and chin, right now they blend into his chest giving his face no definate impact. More monsterouse eyes and facial apperiance would realy help allot.

I'd say that all the warg are a definate improvment, though as you said the rabid wolf is a little big, and the texture on his back is a little odd. The olny peice left that you have not done is the Garou. The rest of these will be implimented into the next version.

Good Job.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Jester

Post by Jester »

Velensk wrote:The two things that I see that you could do for the blood artian.
1: Give him claws that look like they are there, don't hide them in fists.
2: Give him a more defined head and chin, right now they blend into his chest giving his face no definate impact. More monsterouse eyes and facial apperiance would realy help allot.
Thanks, I'll see if I can do anything with that.
Velensk wrote: I'd say that all the warg are a definate improvment, though as you said the rabid wolf is a little big, and the texture on his back is a little odd. The olny peice left that you have not done is the Garou. The rest of these will be implimented into the next version.

Good Job.
Yah, I though that if I was going to make a come-back I might as well do it good. Thanks though.

I'll start working on the Garou as soon as possible, which probably means that he will be done by Sunday at the latest. But I have been known to break promisses like these, so don't count on it to much.

EDIT:
How 'bout this? He got a little bigger... Yah, I'm suffering from CBS.
Attachments
flesh artisan.PNG
flesh artisan.PNG (1.31 KiB) Viewed 3819 times

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

That looks better, but I don't think it's quite there yet. I think something needs to be done about the head.

I assume that white stuff around his head is supposed to be hair. It is not giving that impression. It might look better if you took that away entirely (not sure havn't seen what it would look like). Another couple things you could try would be to give him a neck, or give him a more angular. You could also go for red eyes or visable fangs, or something allong those lines.

The head is the olny part that seems a problem though, the rest of the body seems about the right amount of threat/unnatural.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote:That looks better, but I don't think it's quite there yet. I think something needs to be done about the head.
I agree, the head looks so dull.
JW

Post by JW »

The new Warg are better, but I think the weapons still need improvement. The new stance for the rabid is awesome, though it is quite big. Also, I think the head on the old Flesh Artisan was fine.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Yah, I need to practice my weapons. The Warrior Warg as well as the Moonblade will definetly get some revision in that area.

Worked on the Flesh Artisan for a bit, what do you think?
Attachments
flesh artisan.PNG
flesh artisan.PNG (1.25 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
flesh artisan.PNG
flesh artisan.PNG (1.32 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Last edited by Jester on April 3rd, 2008, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Jester wrote:>__>

This is not a triple post.

<__<

A Rabid Wolf... Which is a bit... big...

And the old units, so you can compare them.
It is a great improvement indeed. But that Rabid Wolf's belly looks more like that of a crocrodrile, ehm crocodile.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Jester

Post by Jester »

His belly or his back? 'Cause I can imagine that you think his back looks like that, but his belly is barely visible.

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Jester wrote:His belly or his back? 'Cause I can imagine that you think his back looks like that, but his belly is barely visible.
Yeah, his back and the implied belly.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Jester wrote:Yah, I need to practice my weapons. The Warrior Warg as well as the Moonblade will definetly get some revision in that area.

Worked on the Flesh Artisan for a bit, what do you think?
An improvment, it still looks like his head is attached directly to his chest, but that is not a huge problem, infact it is unsettleing in a thematic way. I have a slight prefrence to the top model. I don't have a problem with it, but it still feels like there is some improvment to be made. However unless someone points out what this is, I'm going to put this into the next version allong with the warg.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

The pack leader's sword forces him to the side of the hex instead of him being centered as shown in the unit tree there. Could you have him hold the sword at a different angle so that he isn't dancing at the edges o the hex?