World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: World Conquest II

Post by Atreides »

While you're at it add 2-3 easier levels also. For beginners and those of us who just wanna have fun and not work hard. Cuz we lazy...
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

angrynarwhal wrote: November 6th, 2023, 2:07 am I've been looking at adjusting the difficulty of WC_ii nightmare. World Conquest (in my opinion) provides some of the best replay value out of all content in the game, and with enough play we may start looking to add more variety and challenge to it. Hence we have people adding new eras and mods, eg. Ageless WC, Invincibles WC, Legends, Magic Conquest. Making the hardest difficulty yet more challenging could make for a better challenge, for playing with your chosen combination of glorious skill, rerolling for interesting maps, luck, non-default eras, save scumming.

I propose either making hard & nightmare more difficult, or adding 1-2 new difficulties past nightmare. In looking through the code (for 1.17), difficulty changes to WC are quite easy on the surface. It is however more difficult to adjust how those difficulty changes flow through each of the 5 maps. I believe we could have enough interest in this to justify making the change to the main WC campaign(s), to work with both default and such mods as Magic Conquest.

Also posting to the discord.
Hi Sat.
If I understood it correctly you are suggesting a higher difficulty to do compensate for modifications that make the game easier.

I don't really like the idea of adding a difficulty that is not beatable without extra mods. Maybe someone can just write a [modification] that makes it more difficult? It shouldn't be that hard to do: it can just change a few variables in a prestart event.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Atreides wrote: November 6th, 2023, 6:04 pm While you're at it add 2-3 easier levels also. For beginners and those of us who just wanna have fun and not work hard. Cuz we lazy...
I'm not opposed to the idea if there is a demand for it, but I probably won't be able to do it myself since Ita really hard to tell for me how difficult it should be.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Atreides wrote: November 6th, 2023, 6:04 pm While you're at it add 2-3 easier levels also. For beginners and those of us who just wanna have fun and not work hard. Cuz we lazy...
Isn't Peasant easy enough?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

dwarftough wrote: November 25th, 2023, 10:57 pm
Isn't Peasant easy enough?
Nope. I wanna be able to sleep walk through it without any effort.
needmoreplayers

project: help this game

Post by needmoreplayers »

unanswered, who: for whoever made that usability and accessibility feature that improves the ui and ux

there's a feature call 'special overlay' via rightclick, its alot better than a seperate addon call 'unitmaker', and its better in different ways

does whoever is the main person or main people that made the the 'special overlay' feature have that as an addon also? it'd make any of the other maps better and make wesnoth better overall

while new and causal players, in any games, dont ever care about anything, and they quit anything faster than they began, just like how causal and careless people in the world dont care about anything in life or world

it is still something that would make the overall better and that is ofc always the goal to make things better

it'd make wesnoth in general better and its helpful

'unitmaker' is pretty unusableness and this 'special overlay' way of doing marking is much much better and is needed as an addon at the very least

a player mentioned it

if i could code id make something like it but brain is not big enough to code or design something like that yet
Last edited by needmoreplayers on December 30th, 2023, 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

'special overlay' is part of the WC2 campaign. It is enabled by the 'enable unitmarker' settings in the WC2 settings menu and you can find the code in
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... marker.lua

The confusing part is that there is also an unrelated addon called "unitmarker" on the addon server, that addon however is not related to world conquest at all, its just happens to have the same name as the option in world Conquest setting.
needmoreplayers

tested

Post by needmoreplayers »

this feature works by default

you dont need to turn anything on

at least for me

i created a mutiplayer > local game > mutiplayer campaign > wc

and this feature works by default

eventually found the 'settings'

its in 'wocpedia > settings' within that menu

after you click on wocepdia

in the 'settings' that option to 'enable' is not clickable/selectable, maybe cos it already works by default

that option is not already selected (its not already checked') - but it just works by default
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

Bezoar item still bugged with only tenacity activating when item is picked.
Loading Advertisement
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Pagawan wrote: February 19th, 2024, 6:20 pm Bezoar item still bugged with only tenacity activating when item is picked.
Which version are you playing?
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

octalot wrote: February 19th, 2024, 7:20 pm
Pagawan wrote: February 19th, 2024, 6:20 pm Bezoar item still bugged with only tenacity activating when item is picked.
Which version are you playing?
The most current on 1.16 server. Played a couple of games and noticed the bug in both games.
Loading Advertisement
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I just tested on 1.16.10 and it seems to work as expected, maybe one of the players in the game has an outdated wesnoth version? Or maybe you are using a different version of WC2 from the addon server?
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

gfgtdf wrote: February 20th, 2024, 8:24 pm I just tested on 1.16.10 and it seems to work as expected, maybe one of the players in the game has an outdated wesnoth version? Or maybe you are using a different version of WC2 from the addon server?
My bad, I have been using 1.16.6 :oops: I downloaded quite a while back but just got back to playing :lol:
Loading Advertisement