Problem with Translations in the Windows Version of 0.8.8

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Problem with Translations in the Windows Version of 0.8.8

Post by ivanovic »

There is a big problem with the Windows release of Wesnoth. It seems as if all the translation files which are usedare still from 28.09.2004. Because of making usage of a wrong path-tree you do have to copy all the files from the single directories to the language directories. Here is an example for the german users out there: copy the file de.mo from ...\Wesnoth\po\wesnoth\LC_MESSAGES\de.po to ...\Wesnoth\po\de\LC_MESSAGES\wesnoth.po and overwrite the old version. This has to be done with all of the files of the desired translation.
I have already done this for the german users, so they just have to extract the zip-file i attach and overwrite the contence of ...\Wesnoth\po\de\LC_MESSAGES\ with the files from the zip-archive.
I hope that a new "2nd windows-release" will come out so that this prob is fixed.
Best regards,
Nils Kneuper, aka Ivanovic

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay, I have fixed this problem, and uploaded the new version to http://www.wesnoth.org/files/wesnoth-windows-0.8.8.exe

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

It seems as if the problem still exists with all the other translations beside the german if you use the Windows-release of Wesnoth 0.8.8. So you have to copy the files as I described it above.