Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
16%
Reaper
9%
Scythemaster
6%
Shadowalker
5%
Shadow Prince
11%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
11%
Soul Shooter
5%
Swordmaster
19%
Troll Boulderlobber
No votes
Warlock
8%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
2%

Total votes: 64

jasonthesnakej

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by jasonthesnakej »

Hi
It seems to me I run into a bug. I am running 1.15.3 under Fedora 32. In Lost in Space, I failed immediately right after the dialogue finished. Any idea?
Attachments
LotI1-Lost in Space.gz
(418.87 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by jasonthesnakej on July 5th, 2020, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
PASS596

Post by PASS596 »

Hello. My first post in this forum.
First of all I really like this story. Thank you for this.

Second thing I got some questions.

1. The ability wich turn undead into humans again. Forgot the name of it. It works on undead like skeletons. But from. Description I thought I will work on every undead? Currently in chapter 4 at the beginning. The third scenario you already have two old companions. And I have two with this abbility and the enemy are undead human looking people. They do not change to living when I kill them with this attack. I think this is intended or.

2. I can change equipment the whole game and where ever the units are (I do not exploit this but it's kinda strange.) I remember it the last time I played. A couple years ago. It was different. Also I can only equip one book at a time for the units. Is there a workaround? Sorry I didn't read the last pages. Only a few and saw it was already mention as bug but not mention how to solve this.

Edit: I see it's possible patched in beta.

3. I play on medium but it's kinda easy after I got back into the flow. Can I change difficultness like in other campaigns. From the safe at start of the Szenario. Or will it affect some bad things? Or break my game?
Somehow I have no problems in the last Szenarios. Lost only few units ever. So I would like to get a harder game 😅. Maybe it would be better to restart?

Greetings
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi, big fan of the campaign. Played it through several times over several years, its something i always enjoy coming back to and seeing whats changed and trying to play with different units and seeing if i can come up with any new unit styles or tactics. This is not a major issue but a small annoyance that i encountered again on my current platrough, and i remember that i have encountered this issue more than once on previous play troughs as well.

On the early campaigns of part 2, when Efraim and Lethalia finally unite and Lethalia gets purified with the ashes of the phoenix. You lose access to undead units because of the story-line (for a good while not permanently). You also lose access to liches, which technically are undead, but from the perspective of the player they really arent undead units. You cant recruit liches or evolve them from recruited undead units, only way to get them is either with undead legacy from a previously living unit or by using tome of liches on a previously living unit. From a min maxing (and to me also from a rp perspective, especially considering the story and span of time), liches are prize possessions and top dog units and not something you can easily get without going out of your way to get one. Its always a emotional setback to me, but also in terms of game-play perspective big setback. Liches are strong units, i would assume other players than just me also heavily invest resources on them, and also the next scenario contains the first potential Belzebub in part 2, and even regardless of if you fight him or not is several volumes harder than the previous scenarios leading up to it.

Im not sure if this is by design, oversight or just technically pain to deal with but this has always bothered me and just wanted to voice it ; ) Now i personally always end up editing the save file at this point anyway, but i think this might be a minor "Fix" that some players other than me might also appreciate.

This campaign is still incredible, i hope you find the passion to still keep working on it in future as well. Updates on the story dialogues would also be great, some of them come off to me as much more detailed and refined than others.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

PASS596 wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am
1. The ability wich turn undead into humans again. Forgot the name of it. It works on undead like skeletons. But from. Description I thought I will work on every undead? Currently in chapter 4 at the beginning. The third scenario you already have two old companions. And I have two with this abbility and the enemy are undead human looking people. They do not change to living when I kill them with this attack. I think this is intended or.
These vampires are not exactly undead, they are still alive to a degree. Later in the story it gets revealed what exactly they are and how they came to be.
PASS596 wrote:
Yes, this is already fixed in beta.
PASS596 wrote:
3. I play on medium but it's kinda easy after I got back into the flow. Can I change difficultness like in other campaigns. From the safe at start of the Szenario. Or will it affect some bad things? Or break my game?
Yes, you can open the save file (it is a gzip-archived textfile, unpack it and use any text editor, then pack it again into .gz) and change the line

Code: Select all

difficulty="NORMAL"
(replacing NORMAL with HARD). Note that it should be a save from the beginning of scenario, i.e. the save that shows mission objectives when loaded (not per-turn saves, not even a turn 1 save).
Andy wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 3:50 pm
On the early campaigns of part 2, when Efraim and Lethalia finally unite and Lethalia gets purified with the ashes of the phoenix. You lose access to undead units because of the story-line (for a good while not permanently). You also lose access to liches, which technically are undead, but from the perspective of the player they really arent undead units.
I agree that liches are very useful.
Storyline-wise, though, at this point Efraim and Lethalia have been living in the human lands for quite a while. While they themselves won't discriminate against the liches, literally anyone else around them (like human peasants of that country) would probably freak out and call the guards if they saw a lich. This is why Efraim and Lethalia are purposely "hiding" the undead units (they don't recruit them on purpose, and send undead that they already had away) whenever they are blending in among the living.
PASS596

Post by PASS596 »

edwardspec wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm
PASS596 wrote:
These vampires are not exactly undead, they are still alive to a degree. Later in the story it gets revealed what exactly they are and how they came to be.

okay nice to know. I just assumed they are normal undead because they have the undead stat
PASS596 wrote:
Yes, this is already fixed in beta.
PASS596 wrote:
Yes, you can open the save file (it is a gzip-archived textfile, unpack it and use any text editor, then pack it again into .gz) and change the line

difficulty="NORMAL"
(replacing NORMAL with HARD). Note that it should be a save from the beginning of scenario, i.e. the save that shows mission objectives when loaded (not per-turn saves, not even a turn 1 save).

I did it within the loading screen where you can change it. This should be also okay I think (I did not see any issue since I did this

Thank you for your answers
Andy

Post by Andy »

edwardspec wrote:

I agree that liches are very useful.
Storyline-wise, though, at this point Efraim and Lethalia have been living in the human lands for quite a while. While they themselves won't discriminate against the liches, literally anyone else around them (like human peasants of that country) would probably freak out and call the guards if they saw a lich. This is why Efraim and Lethalia are purposely "hiding" the undead units (they don't recruit them on purpose, and send undead that they already had away) whenever they are blending in among the living.
Ye i understand that its part of the story and important in that sense, i didnt do it this run but as far as i recall from previous runs i think if you make liches after that scenario those wont be hidden even when you finish the scenario where you are able to acquire a new one, but i could remember wrong. A warning at the start of the Efraim Lethalia battle scenario informing undead units wont be available for while in case you want to withdraw items etc could be a good subtle solution for this minor issue as well. Funny thing is that, this has happened to me multiple times in the past, every time i play a new run i forget about it :D
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

edwardspec wrote:

difficulty="NORMAL"
There is no need to edit anything manually, you can just select an option "Change difficulty" in the game, in "Load" menu. If you do this, the game will ask for the new difficulty level and then load a scenario.
jasonthesnakej

Post by jasonthesnakej »

jasonthesnakej wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 3:10 am
Hi
It seems to me I run into a bug. I am running 1.15.3 under Fedora 32. In Lost in Space, I failed immediately right after the dialogue finished. Any idea?
When I tried to run this in 1.14.11, I am able to see Lethalia moves next to the Verderber and have the dialogue properly. I am able to continue the game.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

jasonthesnakej wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 1:07 am
When I tried to run this in 1.14.11, I am able to see Lethalia moves next to the Verderber and have the dialogue properly. I am able to continue the game.
Try to play 1.14.12 or later version, otherwise 1.14.11 version: the game client will crash when sometimes opening the saved game.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hey!
Here is a bug:
If you dazzle the black souls in ch7 sc14, you can the the real unit, and not the black one.

Another Bug:
In ch8 sc4 the [endlevel] is triggered two times.

Another Bug:
In ch8 sc10 in line 197 is written speaker=enemy - I'm sure it should be speaker=petty_enemy - there is no unit with the id enemy.

boyoyoy
Attachments
8_7_2020_Lot2_ch7_sc14_dazzle_bug.png
8_7_2020_Lot2_ch7_sc14_dazzle_bug.png (111.12 KiB) Viewed 853 times
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

I'm trying to figure out how the Lightning attack works vs. Arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage. With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" and I've also taken 3 advancements for arcane penetration 3 times. My understanding of the lightning attack is that it ignores enemy resistances, so is there any point in also taking the arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

lhaire wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 10:29 pm
I'm trying to figure out how the Lightning attack works vs. Arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage. With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" and I've also taken 3 advancements for arcane penetration 3 times. My understanding of the lightning attack is that it ignores enemy resistances, so is there any point in also taking the arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage?
As I understand, "ignoring res and vuln" works by changing the damage type from arcane to lightning. Penetration might be useful for another units with arcane attack, dunno how much you can achieve (Lethalia or elvish seer have very high arcane penetration potential)
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

dwarftough wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 7:46 am
lhaire wrote:
As I understand, "ignoring res and vuln" works by changing the damage type from arcane to lightning. Penetration might be useful for another units with arcane attack, dunno how much you can achieve (Lethalia or elvish seer have very high arcane penetration potential)
But this is the thing with the Elder Mage - he has no pure Arcane attack (he has Lightning attack instead). So this is why I'm wondering why this unit has the arcane penetration advancement. I'm guessing that although Lightning ignores enemy resistances, Arcane penetration advancement can still give further damage because it is achieving even greater penetration?
dabber

Post by dabber »

No. Once you switch to lightning, arcane penetration has no value to the Elder Mage personally.
It would be stronger if the lightning AMLA was a bonus attack, instead of changing the existing attack damage type.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

lhaire wrote:
With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack"
"Lightning" is a special damage type. It always deals 100% of the declared damage. If it says "28 damage", then any unit will take 28 damage. No enemy is resistant or vulnerable to it.
It is not arcane damage, so arcane resistance penetration doesn't affect it.