Heir to the Throne Scenario suggestions

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Heir to the Throne Scenario suggestions

Post by scott »

Hello, I have 2.

I was looking at the dots on the Isle of the Damned bigmap. Now, I am responsible for these turning out this way, but I think there's a problem: why would Konrad sail TO the Isle before getting shipwrecked? Instead, I think the dots should have Konrad sailing to Elensefar, stop halfway, then show the shipwreck story. I made the changes and am attaching the new bigmap.cfg and Isle_of_the_Damned.cfg.


Also, the Valley of Statues ends abrubtly. For a plotline that is about to wrap up its Act III and hit the story's climax, there should be some fanfare. Konrad and Delfador should reflect a moment on the fact they are, after all of their harrowing journey, about to re-enter his homeland for the first time in 19 years (maybe an exaggeration).

[end of valley of statues]

Konrad: What a foul place!
Delfador: Do not waste time looking at the past... the borders of Wesnoth lie before us.
Konrad: Wesnoth...
Li'sar: ...and the Queen. I know she is my mother, but her treachery must not go unpunished.
Delfador: It is time to reclaim your birthright, [Konrad | Li'sar]
Konrad: Let us ride. Onward!

sanna
Posts: 425
Joined: June 5th, 2004, 9:59 am
Location: Halmstad, Sweden

Re: Heir to the Throne Scenario suggestions

Post by sanna »

scott wrote: why would Konrad sail TO the Isle before getting shipwrecked? Instead, I think the dots should have Konrad sailing to Elensefar, stop halfway, then show the shipwreck story.
This sounds much better! However, if I understand isaacs post (http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2462) correctly, you could even use another image instead of the dots and cross. It would be really nice with the stop halfway being symbolized with some kind of sinking ship/floating debris. :)

User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: Heir to the Throne Scenario suggestions

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

sanna wrote:
scott wrote: why would Konrad sail TO the Isle before getting shipwrecked? Instead, I think the dots should have Konrad sailing to Elensefar, stop halfway, then show the shipwreck story.
This sounds much better! However, if I understand isaacs post (http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2462) correctly, you could even use another image instead of the dots and cross. It would be really nice with the stop halfway being symbolized with some kind of sinking ship/floating debris. :)
By using very short delays, it's even possible to animate story scenes. You could have an animated sinking ship.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.

sanna
Posts: 425
Joined: June 5th, 2004, 9:59 am
Location: Halmstad, Sweden

Re: Heir to the Throne Scenario suggestions

Post by sanna »

Elvish Pillager wrote: By using very short delays, it's even possible to animate story scenes. You could have an animated sinking ship.
Animated might be overkill, but if anyone is up to creating the graphics, then why not.... :)

scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Post by scott »

Interesting... maybe even just a zig-zag surrounding the dot to indicate an event.

But in the meantime, maybe we could use the proposed improvement until something better comes along.

This new version has the correct dot location for such an animation/graphic for later addition.

sanna
Posts: 425
Joined: June 5th, 2004, 9:59 am
Location: Halmstad, Sweden

Post by sanna »

scott wrote:But in the meantime, maybe we could use the proposed improvement until something better comes along.
I agree. :)
It was not my intention to delay the inclusion of this IMHO necessary modification by suggesting a further development.

Post Reply