Resurection of Wesnoth Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kelben

Re: Resurection of Wesnoth Campaign

Post by Kelben »

Good :) I completely understand the issue. I have myself few time to play and recently I make some multiplayer games more than solo campaign (I am not progressing much in the third chapter of Bad Moon Rising)...
As soon as possible I will play through the 4 first scenario (right?, the time I tried it was only 2) and then give a feedback as well as I can. :wink:
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

I have been through. I like it.
I enjoyed particularly the fact of having "standard big battle scenario" with smaller one with a special flavor in between such as the ambush or the lizards pacification led by the ghost. Moreover it increases the importance of this ghost hero. Very well thought.
The units from the first scenario are very, very, very important especially the quick one... because later on, having only undeads with 5 moves (=2 in the sand) is a serious handicap.
The new units are fun as well, the necromancer with its magic spawning zombies... (Will he spawn lizard zombies after the famous mission, they would move better and benefit from a better defense). I could not really enjoy though the skeleton mage for the same above reason (too slow).
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
archlich
Location: Deep in an underground bunker in an undisclosed location

Post by archlich »

Kelben wrote: The new units are fun as well, the necromancer with its magic spawning zombies... (Will he spawn lizard zombies after the famous mission, they would move better and benefit from a better defense). I could not really enjoy though the skeleton mage for the same above reason (too slow).
The necromancers would spawn lizards if they killed a lizard in that manner, but they raise what they killed in that very moment. Killing a human would not result in a lizard being raised.

When I fight what is currently the last scenario, I generally fight only with zombie lizards supported by leadership abilities from Ranvan and Seoddrun (the ghost). I also use units such as my necromancers I wish to level up.

As for the next part, you may have noticed plans to go to Alduin. I'm going to introduce a unique new type of naval battle in which ships carry units that can be dropped off at the place being invaded. What happens after that is planned but I am not saying that right now.
"The bombing starts in 5 minutes."- Ronald Wilson Reagan
Huston

Post by Huston »

I've played through it and like what you are doing with it. btw. it was your campaign that originally inspired me to go and make my own campaign. only mine takes place before the fall.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
archlich
Location: Deep in an underground bunker in an undisclosed location

Post by archlich »

Please forgive my inactivity in the development of this campaign over the past few months. I am simply posting to remind anyone still following that I still do care about this campaign.
I have been caught between summer reading projects for school and playing other video games and haven't been developing this campaign.
"The bombing starts in 5 minutes."- Ronald Wilson Reagan