Wesnoth 1.3.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.3.6

Post by ivanovic »

Wesnoth 1.3.6 is out!

Just another development release. But hey, something seems to be wrong, this one should be called 1.3.5, right? Right after the tarball for 1.3.5 was created we found a bug related to minimaps not being shown in the mp lobby on some systems (maybe 10%), so we decided to fix that one first and then re-release. In the meantime Mordante managed to fix the main Out-Of-Sync error we had left in the code: when using some translations with some other languages in multiplayer games (like Spanish) many OOS errors occurred. This was related to different traits being assigned. This bug still exists in 1.2.x but will be fixed in the 1.2.6 release (that will be out very soon...). Since this important fix got in I decided to directly call it 1.3.6.

But since this is the announcement for 1.3.5 and 1.3.6 I have to mention some other changes. One change is that the map border is getting closer to a final state and a new (and of course improved) way was implemented. Please comment on it in this forum thread.

What else was changed? Some balancing stuff, updated graphics and translations and probably a lot more that I am too lazy to mention now. For a more complete list (not 100% complete, some devs tend to forget adding entries) have a look at the changelog. A changelog with the changes that might be visible to most users (and only includes these) is the players_changelog.

Downloads
Sources:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wesn ... 2?download (87.5MB) md5sum
Here is the xDelta for the sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... a?download (1.3.4 to 1.3.6, 8.9MB)
Check http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for info on using xdelta.

The Windows binary is ready and available at the download page.

The Mac OSX binary is ready and available at the download page.

The OpenSolaris binary is ready and available at the download page.

No idea which other binaries are ready, but all the known packagers have been contacted. Infos about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them work you get on the Linux binaries site for the Linux binaries. Download links for the other supported systems will be listed at the downloads page once the binaries are available.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ - you should first try to get files through SourceForge to help us save bandwidth.

Soon we will forbid 1.3.4 on the mp server because it causes problems when playing together with 1.3.6 clients. So consider doing an update as soon as possible. We want to wait with this until the MacOSX and the Windows binary are ready but once they are out we will do so.

If you find any bugs don't hesitate to report them after reading the instructions about how to post them. Instructions for bug reporting can be found at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs.

Enjoy!

Edit1: Updated Section with Windows binary.
Last edited by ivanovic on August 26th, 2007, 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
taro
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.3.6

Post by taro »

ivanovic wrote:What else was changed?
Especially to mention for people with slower systems: On my system Wesnoth 1.3.4 was nearly unplayable. 1.3.6 got the scroll speed of 1.3.3 back and scrolls a lof faster than 1.3.4. Applause! :D
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

ivanovic wrote:In the meantime Mordante did manage to fix the main Out-Of-Sync error we had left in the code: when using some translations with some other languages in multiplayer games (like spanish with basically each other) many OOS errors did occur. This was related to different traits being assigned. This bug still is existant in 1.2.x and will be fixed in the 1.2.6 release (that will be out very soon...).
More specifically serbian, bulgarian, russian, spanish and slovak are languages were the error will occur eventually with all units and
french, italian, danish only with merman. It's not known exactly how the status is with usermade eras, it seems as if french and italian for example can cause the error with the extended era. This is mostly important for people playing on the 1.2 server. You need to either play with the same translation as everyone else in that game or no one should use the aforementioned translations - for the time being...
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
BurningShadow

Post by BurningShadow »

ivanovic wrote:Wesnoth 1.3.6 is out!

No idea which other binaries are ready, but all the known packagers have been contacted.
Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but what should I do to get notified on release?

Anyway, Syllable binaries here.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

You should somehow give me the email addy you want to get the notification fo. Best would be if you pm'ed me the addy.
And maybe you want to add a link / instructions for syllable on the downloads page. You just have to register on the wiki to make changes.
valdar

Post by valdar »

why the source package file is called 1.3.6a ? Shouldn't be 1.3.6?
"In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
Alink
Inactive Developer

Post by Alink »

BurningShadow wrote: Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but what should I do to get notified on release?
If you use RSS, the wesnoth homepage have one (seems to be http://feed43.com/wesnoth.xml ) and also the sourceforge.net wesnoth project have several ones:
http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_proj ... p_id=89495

If you don't use RSS, forget my remark :)
BurningShadow

Post by BurningShadow »

Thanks ivanovic and Alink :-)
I don't use RSS (no clients for my primary system, yet), so I've send a PM...
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Re: ...

Post by Noyga »

valdar wrote:why the source package file is called 1.3.6a ? Shouldn't be 1.3.6?
There was a problem with the translation files of the first 1.3.6.
That's why the fixed archive is a 1.3.6a.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

The windows binary is now available:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download (73.6MB)

Thanks to YogiHH (aka YobiBear) for creating the binary.
Jack the Ripper

Post by Jack the Ripper »

Thx for the windows binary! :D

Btw, YogiHH HH = Hansestadt Hamburg?
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Windows binary

Post by Gallifax »

Yep. many thx for the windows version:D
Haibane

Post by Haibane »

Yeah, thanks for win binary :)
Just a small mistake, it should be named 1.3.6a because it's 1.3.6a. "wesnoth-1.3.6-windows.exe" is a bit confusing.
Last edited by Haibane on July 27th, 2007, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it's all a dream, now wake me up. If it's all real, just kill me.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Haibane wrote:Yeah, thanks for win binary :)
Just a notice, it should be called 1.3.6a because it's 1.3.6a. Just a little confusing.
No, it should not. I just had to rename the sourcetarball because that one was broken for some systems in the first version. The game itself is not changed, no extra fixes in, nothing. That is why the release itself is 1.3.6.
Haibane

Post by Haibane »

Well, when you run installation, it shows "This will install Battle for Wesnoth 1.3.6a on your computer." But game itself shows 1.3.6. I checked just installer before, so you might be right and just installer is a liar. Anyway, something is wrong :P

Btw I rephrased my previous post a little while ivanovic posted his answer (he was faster than I expected), but meaning is same. Original post in his quote.
If it's all a dream, now wake me up. If it's all real, just kill me.