Borderland Wars Revisited (for version 1.1.11)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Borderland Wars Revisited (for version 1.1.11)

Post by Rhuvaen »

I reworked my original idea for Borderland Wars: keeping the good stuff (gameplay changes) and letting go of the bad - mainly the map and the irritating guards. I'm now simply referencing popular MP team maps.

Gameplay:
The teams fight over control of towns (walled villages). When one team has captured all towns, they win the game (at the end of the turn).
When you lose your leader, one of your units will pick up the banner at the start of your next turn and take his position. If all members of a team don't have a leader at the end of a turn, they lose.

Note: the towns are randomly chosen from the existing villages on turn 2 (in a symmetric fashion). So don't wonder where they are before then. :)

So far, the pack (on the campaign server) includes the following scenarios (based on the corresponding maps):]
Version 2.0
Borderlands 4P: Blue Water Province
Borderlands 4P: Paths of Daggers
Borderlands 4P: Loris River
Borderlands 6P: Amohsad Caldera
Borderlands 6P: Waterloo Sunset

More to come....
Last edited by Rhuvaen on November 14th, 2006, 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

I removed the annoying dialogue window when towns changed hands. Added three more maps. Version 2.0 now on the campaign server!
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

neat idea
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle