* * * Tournament of Champions Results * * *

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

* * * Tournament of Champions Results * * *

Post by Doc Paterson »

Pietro vs. x4ro: Pietro wins, 2-1

Koles vs. Suvorov: Suvurov wins, 2-0-1

Dragonking vs. Dragon Master: Dragonking wins, 2-0.

KShinji vs. Wintermute: Wintermute wins, 1-0 (KShinji has to leave game 2)

Squig vs. Becephalus: Becephalus wins, 2-0.

JW vs. Nickname: JW wins, 2-0.

Kollle vs. Mythological: Kollle wins, 2-1

Soliton vs. Yogibear: Soliton wins, 2-1
Last edited by Doc Paterson on December 3rd, 2006, 5:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme

Koles
Posts: 27
Joined: May 12th, 2006, 9:46 am
Location: Vienna, Poland

Re: * * * Tournament of Champions Results * * *

Post by Koles »

Doc Paterson wrote: Koles vs. Suvorov: Suvurov wins, 2-1
khmm khmm... Suvorov won 2:0 :wink:
Trolls Trolls Trolls :-]

User avatar
Sapient
Inactive Developer
Posts: 4453
Joined: November 26th, 2005, 7:41 am
Contact:

Post by Sapient »

None of those surprised me, except Kollle vs. Mythological. Good job, Kollle. I eagerly await the replays.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."

User avatar
suvorov
Posts: 90
Joined: July 30th, 2006, 11:35 pm
Location: Outer Siberia

Post by suvorov »

Actually The first game between me and Koles was undead versus undead. He had a slight lead on me but we decided to end it on a draw to avoid playing for 12 hours.

I got good faction lineups the next two turns and won... So I believe its 2:0:1*


(*Draw.)
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee

Dragon Master
Posts: 1012
Joined: February 11th, 2006, 1:04 am
Location: Somewhere

Post by Dragon Master »

it's kinda interesting, the wins suggest that the people playing each other were usually not on the same skill level.

User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

Post by Doc Paterson »

suvorov wrote: I got good faction lineups the next two turns and won... So I believe its 2:0:1*


(*Draw.)

Right. My "2-1" was a typo.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme

Tony Almeida
Posts: 29
Joined: April 30th, 2006, 4:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by Tony Almeida »

Dragon Master wrote:it's kinda interesting, the wins suggest that the people playing each other were usually not on the same skill level.
Be careful what you say....No one knows for sure how deep this conspiracy goes. Some say the President himself is in on it.
"So, uh, what are we saying here? If we save LA from a nuclear bomb, then you and I can get together for dinner and a movie?"

Becephalus
Inactive Developer
Posts: 521
Joined: October 27th, 2005, 5:30 am
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, Earth

Post by Becephalus »

Dragon Master wrote:it's kinda interesting, the wins suggest that the people playing each other were usually not on the same skill level.
Would it have been better to put all the good people on one side of the bracket so the championship game is a cakewalk?
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle

Wretched Luke
Posts: 6
Joined: August 9th, 2006, 3:16 pm
Location: Cloud City

Post by Wretched Luke »

Becephalus wrote: Would it have been better to put all the good people on one side of the bracket so the championship game is a cakewalk?
Yes, that'd be much better.
"No! That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

Dragon Master
Posts: 1012
Joined: February 11th, 2006, 1:04 am
Location: Somewhere

Post by Dragon Master »

Becephalus wrote:
Dragon Master wrote:it's kinda interesting, the wins suggest that the people playing each other were usually not on the same skill level.
Would it have been better to put all the good people on one side of the bracket so the championship game is a cakewalk?
:?: Your sentence makes no sense.

User avatar
JW
Posts: 5046
Joined: November 10th, 2005, 7:06 am
Location: Chicago-ish, Illinois

Post by JW »

Dragon Master wrote:
Becephalus wrote: Would it have been better to put all the good people on one side of the bracket so the championship game is a cakewalk?
:?: Your sentence makes no sense.
Yes it does.

There would only be 1 good player in the championship game.

Roman Loyalist
Posts: 68
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 10:11 am
Location: Ukraine

Post by Roman Loyalist »

First question: "How join to next tournament?" :wink:
Second:"Where is replays?" :?:

Taurus
Inactive Developer
Posts: 674
Joined: May 4th, 2005, 8:16 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Taurus »

Roman Loyalist wrote:First question: "How join to next tournament?" :wink:
I don't know if there is going to be a next tournament. I bet there probobally will be but it is just a matter of someone deciding to organize one. Once that happens then jump on it quick before all the slots get filled.
Second:"Where is replays?" :?:
Next thread down - the replays archive.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"

Noy
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1321
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 3:59 pm

Post by Noy »

hmm I think a 2v2 tournament may be in order....

User avatar
suvorov
Posts: 90
Joined: July 30th, 2006, 11:35 pm
Location: Outer Siberia

Post by suvorov »

Noy- I was thinking the same thing. A 2on2 tournament would be a lot of fun. Most people play more 2on2 games than 1on1 anyways.
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee

Post Reply