Nickname's maps

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Baufo wrote:What about a recruit event that modfies the movement cost of chasm to 99 for every unit? :wink:
That would work. Remember to do it for leaders as well.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Nickname

Post by Nickname »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Use deep water. That way flyers are fairly balanced with water guys (I think...)
Just so you know, I actually liked this, and have deep water in the actual map now.
Nickname

Post by Nickname »

[map]WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWccWWWfvkWWWWWWWW
WWWogfccWmhkZcWWWWWW
WW2ggghgkkkncghWWWWW
WWoggYggfDhfk?hWWWWW
WcghgkKuuWuukkWWWWWW
WWccfkhuWlWufkccWWWW
WWWWckfuWWWuhkfhccWW
WWWWW?kfuDug1YgggWWW
WWWWhgknhkfgggggoWWW
WWWWhcckkmkchfgoKWWW
WWWWWWZkhfWWccgWWWWW
WWWWWWWWvWWWWWcWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
[/map]
JW

Post by JW »

That's a unique way to give P1 less of a startign advantage!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

JW wrote:That's a unique way to give P1 less of a startign advantage!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
But a really cool way! I like it. I actually love it! Great idea :!:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

It's a nice idea but it doesn't add up. If we assume that P1 has an advantage at grabbing central position/villages, this countermeasure is not enough of a penalty. But if P1 does *not* have an advantage at grabbing central position/villages, then this measure is an unnecessary hindrance benefiting P2.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."