Wesnoth 1.1.8 (aka Wesnoth 1.2 beta1)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amatubu
Posts: 5
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 3:04 am
Location: Japan

Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese correctly

Post by amatubu »

Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese font (sazanami-gothic) correctly.
The SDL_ttf patches (src/sdl_ttf/SDL_ttf.*) seems to be not applied to the SDL_ttf.framework.
By replacing SDL_ttf.framework with my original build, Japanese characters are displayed correctly.

My original build of SDL_ttf.framework is here:
http://sent.netgamers.jp/wesnoth/SDL_tt ... ork.tar.gz
zigver
Posts: 3
Joined: July 8th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Post by zigver »

ivanovic wrote:
mulander wrote:Hi all :)
I have a little question, how frequently the gentoo ebuilds for -dev versions are updated? And is the ebuild update announced somewhere?
The ebuild for the dev version is updated whenever a new version of wesnoth is released. The one who did create the ebuild posts in here once it is done. But at the moment he is on holidays so it will take some more days until the ebuild is updated.
I didn't feel like waiting so I copied wesnoth-dev-1.1.7.ebuild to wesnoth-dev-1.1.8.ebuild, changed the SRC_URI and S=${WORKDIR} to the new version, did an ebuild digest, then emerged.
scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese correctl

Post by scott »

amatubu wrote:Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese font (sazanami-gothic) correctly.
The SDL_ttf patches (src/sdl_ttf/SDL_ttf.*) seems to be not applied to the SDL_ttf.framework.
By replacing SDL_ttf.framework with my original build, Japanese characters are displayed correctly.

My original build of SDL_ttf.framework is here:
http://sent.netgamers.jp/wesnoth/SDL_tt ... ork.tar.gz
Thank you for your help. Please contact IWA and let him know about the problem. If the problem exists in the next release, please post about it again.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
lwa
Inactive Developer
Posts: 271
Joined: June 11th, 2005, 8:19 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese correctl

Post by lwa »

amatubu wrote:Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese font (sazanami-gothic) correctly.
The SDL_ttf patches (src/sdl_ttf/SDL_ttf.*) seems to be not applied to the SDL_ttf.framework.
By replacing SDL_ttf.framework with my original build, Japanese characters are displayed correctly.
Thanks for having englighted me about the difference between the sdl_ttf versions. The next build will be compiled with the embeded version (and freetype2 from 10.4u SDK).
amatubu wrote: By replacing SDL_ttf.framework with my original build, Japanese characters are displayed correctly.
Is the framework compiled with universal binary support?
amatubu
Posts: 5
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 3:04 am
Location: Japan

Re: Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese correctl

Post by amatubu »

lwa wrote: Thanks for having englighted me about the difference between the sdl_ttf versions. The next build will be compiled with the embeded version (and freetype2 from 10.4u SDK).
I'm glad to hear that.
lwa wrote: Is the framework compiled with universal binary support?
Yes, it is. But it is only tested on Panther and Tiger.
User avatar
JW
Posts: 5046
Joined: November 10th, 2005, 7:06 am
Location: Chicago-ish, Illinois

Re: Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese correctl

Post by JW »

amatubu wrote:Yes, it is. But it is only tested on Panther and Tiger.
You tested this on the level 3 upgrades of the Jaguar Shifter? :shock:
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Post by santi »

1.1.8 is supposed to be bugfixes only , but whatever happened to the user campaigns format?


I mean I iput in
userdata/data/campaigns all the user campaigns and they're not there when Wesnoth starts and you select campaigns. Plus if you use 1.1.7 savegames, the images seem missing

I only tried this in Windows for now, so it might be a Windows problem.
Instead in userdata there is some default directories ais, scenarios, maps etc
Disto
Posts: 2039
Joined: November 1st, 2004, 7:40 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: Current Mac OS X build doesn't display Japanese correctl

Post by Disto »

JW wrote:
amatubu wrote:Yes, it is. But it is only tested on Panther and Tiger.
You tested this on the level 3 upgrades of the Jaguar Shifter? :shock:
Mac OSX Tiger and Jaguar you fool :lol:
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
mjs-de
Posts: 13
Joined: March 31st, 2006, 12:07 pm

Post by mjs-de »

zigver wrote:
ivanovic wrote: The ebuild for the dev version is updated whenever a new version of wesnoth is released. The one who did create the ebuild posts in here once it is done. But at the moment he is on holidays so it will take some more days until the ebuild is updated.
I didn't feel like waiting so I copied wesnoth-dev-1.1.7.ebuild to wesnoth-dev-1.1.8.ebuild, changed the SRC_URI and S=${WORKDIR} to the new version, did an ebuild digest, then emerged.
any more isn't needed at most times
but i will try to use the new configure options for desktop-dir in the next ebuild
which will be online this afternoon/evening

[edit]
ebuilds are ready
dev-release ist up to 1.1.8 and fixes problems with the .desktop file.
same fix applied to svn version
http://www.dorf.cc/priv/markus/wesnoth-dev.tbz
http://www.dorf.cc/priv/markus/wesnoth-svn.tbz
[/edit]

mjs-de
back from holiday and working again
Post Reply