Dark Adept => Sorceror for Mac OS X

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:

Dark Adept => Sorceror for Mac OS X

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I know that you guys have told a lot of people how to solve this bug, but I was wondering how to fix it for OS X.
scott

Post by scott »

Replace Sorcerer with Necromancer in the text file.

If you need to locate the text file:
control-click on the program icon and select "Show package contents"

Select Contents > Resources > data > units > dark_adept.cfg
Open it in Text Edit and look for advanceto=Sorcerer and change it to advanceto=Necromancer
Last edited by scott on April 22nd, 2005, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
eschladow

How can I save it?

Post by eschladow »

It tells me the document is read only when I try to save it and can't overwrite it. How should I save it?
scott

Post by scott »

Are you the admin user on your computer? Control-click on the file, select "get info", then find where it says Ownership and Permissions. Make sure it says you can read & write. If it doesn't, then change it. If you can't, get the admin user to do it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
js

Post by js »

I had this trouble too, and I followed the instructions that you gave above. But I have administrator access on this computer, and it still first gives me a "read only- attempt to overwrite?" message, then a failure to save error.
Is this fixed in 0.9.1?
(Further, if I download .9.1, will I lose my saved games from .9?)
scott

Post by scott »

I don't know what is causing the save error. Are you just using text edit?

Saved games are stored in your Library/Preferences folder, so upgrading will fix the problem without erasing saved games.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

js wrote:I had this trouble too, and I followed the instructions that you gave above. But I have administrator access on this computer, and it still first gives me a "read only- attempt to overwrite?" message, then a failure to save error.
Is this fixed in 0.9.1?
(Further, if I download .9.1, will I lose my saved games from .9?)
the dirty way to do it, if you can't replace it:
open it, then move the original somewhere else or rename it or trash it, then save in the right folder.

also, when editing wesnoth files, i always found it better to use a "pure" text editor, such as BBedit, subethaedit, or even simpletext; rather than textedit.

Post by Guest »

Yeah. Finally figured out that since it mounts as a disc for some reason, that I had to copy it to a new folder, where I could run the patch.
Ugh.
scott

Post by scott »

That's what you're supposed to do anyway
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Anonymous wrote:Yeah. Finally figured out that since it mounts as a disc for some reason, that I had to copy it to a new folder, where I could run the patch.
Ugh.
Disk images are the Apple approved method of delivering applications. They are ompressed, have built-in checksumming and ensure that the files come across unharmed by passage through other OSes. They work fine with just the OS and behave in a consistent manner :)

Being read-only is important too, as it means you have a distribution which is as it was packaged, without other programs / users accidentally amending it.