Insane Hermit

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Re: Insane Hermit

Post by EvilEarl »

ender_wiggin13 wrote:I found scenario 6 far too easy, though i liked the new element types. I basically built a huge defense at the bridges, and they ignored the forest til about turn 16, and then they only attacked the very narrow chokepoint. By turn 20 i was so bored at barely moving that I sent a dozen arcane titans and some nature warriors to wipe out their leaders by slipping them down the left side of the map, by this time they were only recruiting 3 guys a turn because of all the upkeep and i massacred them all, getting annoyed when i killed the last one to have to reload... i left one alive then and easily won after slaughtering every unit. it might be better if you reduced the initial number of titans you get, i mostly used them to form a fallback position that wasn't ever necessary, and even if i hadn't killed their leaders, the 7 layers of men i had would have made it impossible to get through in time to reach the symbol. I used maybe half of the titans given to me for defending, the rest just stood around until i formed them into a hit squad, if you get rid of some of them it might be harder to kill all the leaders, which kinda takes away from it.
Good to know. Keep in mind that I pulled this off the server until I found inspiration to totally redo this. I think I might get to it soon though soon as in 6 months would count too
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Re: Insane Hermit

Post by EvilEarl »

EDIT: Never, mind. I'm gonna rework the dialogue enough anyway and I doubt I'll get enough volunteers if any.

Also, in development news, spawn system will be readjusted and enemy recruitment is gonna be fixed . . . big time. I'll either shrink scenario 6 map or cut it into two scenarios, though I'll likely shrink it out of laziness. And I'll put in failsafes to prevent any unintended leader-killing that I hear so much about. And the insane hermit is gonna look a bit like my avatar, but with a sword or something instead of candy and those balloons will go back to orbs. And he might actually get animations this time. And maps will be further adjusted to optimize pace and tactical possibility or something.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.