two questions.

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
colin345

two questions.

Post by colin345 »

[/spoiler]first of all, does everything seem all right in this:
Spoiler:
Also, how do I playtest the scenario? I tried to find it in the campaign file, but i can't find it (sorry if this is a stupid question).
Last edited by colin345 on February 15th, 2010, 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: two questions.

Post by Pentarctagon »

@/campains should be @campaigns
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
colin345

Post by colin345 »

I fixed it. The only problem I have right now is that I can't play test it... how do I do it? Is there something wrong with my _main.cfg?
Spoiler:
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Testing your campaign is the same way to play the other add-ons. It does not run because you have some errors on it. (I can see at least 5~6 major errors on both files together)

I would like to ask you first that it is for BfW 1.6 or 1.7/1.8?
The @campaigns-code is for BfW 1.6 or before, but Dwarvish Scout is only in the 1.7 default core folder as long as you do not add it as a custom unit.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
colin345

Post by colin345 »

I'm using 1.6.

I got it all fixed and it now only says I have one error at _main.cfg:18
It says that it expects 3 arguments but it finds 4. I don't know what this means, any help?
(I'm just giving the whole difficulties)

difficulties=EASY,NORMAL,HARD
difficulty_descriptions={MENU_IMG_TXT2 *&units/dwarves/fighter.png~TC(1,magenta) _"Mining Student" _"(easy)"} +
";" + {MENU_IMG_TXT2 units/dwarves/guard.png~TC(1,magenta) _"Miner" _"(complicated)"} +
";" + {MENU_IMG_TXT2 units/dwarves/dragongaurd.png~TC(1,magenta) _"Head Miner" _"(convoluted)"}
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

colin345 wrote:It says that it expects 3 arguments but it finds 4. I don't know what this means, any help?
It means that there are four phrases inside of the macro, instead of three. {ONE TWO THREE FOUR), instead of {ONE TWO THREE}
The difficulty_descriptions is the same on BfW 1.6 and 1.7/1.8, so you just need to copy it from one I post to yours for 1.6. Actually, if you change the part of "add-ons" to "campaigns", it becomes for 1.6.

---------------------------
EDIT on Feb, 18
SkyOne on Tech. Support Forum wrote:On the first scenario, you have three missing closing tags
You said that you have fixed some parts, so these may not be necessary. But in the case of you get struggle to find out where they are, I spot them from your previous post.
Spoiler:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
colin345

Post by colin345 »

That did it! THanks a lot! Just a question about the add ons now. When I have more scenarios, do I keep the previous version up and then do something (what is it?) or do I remove it and then reupload it?

Thanks.

Edit:

it's not working now, when I try to load up the scenario, I get "Unknown Scenario: A_Chance_Encounter" Error. The problem is, I have the .cfg for the scenario exactly like that and so is the id in the scenario (unless there are supposed to be quotes on the id?).
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Reuploading overwrites so you can just do that.

Removing it first will reset your download counter and bump you to the bottom of the list.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

colin345 wrote:it's not working now, when I try to load up the scenario, I get "Unknown Scenario: A_Chance_Encounter" Error. The problem is, I have the .cfg for the scenario exactly like that and so is the id in the scenario (unless there are supposed to be quotes on the id?).
Quoting "first_scenario" and the scenario id do not cause to any errors even quoting one of them.
The problem on your case is on the main file inside of #ifdef and #endif.
You need the binary_path to define the scenario, and correct it to:

Code: Select all

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_THE_NECROMANCERS_CAVERN
    [binary_path]
        path=data/campaigns/The_Necromancers_Cavern
    [/binary_path]
    {@campaigns/The_Necromancers_Cavern/scenarios}
#endif
Then you are going to hit another problem for Dwarvish Scout. As I said before, there is no unit like it in BfW 1.6. It's only in 1.7, so you have a choice:
1. install the unit both unit.cfg and images to the campaign folder. In this case, you need to add:

[+units]
        {@campaigns/The_Necromancers_Cavern/units}
    [/units]
inside of #ifdef and #endif on the main file.

2. replacing it to something else. For example, Dwarvish Thunderer which is in the core folder in 1.6.

The map_data on the scenario seems a bit weird to me, but I am not exactly sure, yet. So I will check it later.
---------------------

EDIT: Yes, correct the map_data to:

map_data="{@campaigns/The_Necromancers_Cavern/maps/Achanceencounter.map}"
And equalize the map-file-name in the maps folder. (the map needs the location of x and y for the leaders)

Also, correct unit-type of ulfserker to Dwarvish Ulfserker.

After that it works on my computer.

P.S. oh boy! it is on the add-ons already, so it makes me rush, but easier to fix it.:smile:
Last edited by SkyOne on February 20th, 2010, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
colin345

Post by colin345 »

Now I'm getting this, which I don't think I should be:

I'm really sorry for asking all these questions, but I have some people downloading it and it's kind of embarrassing. I added the units and such...

And what about the maps seems wrong? I made it in the map editor, that works right?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Okay! check my previous post about the missing closing tags. You still have one of them on the scenario, and the map (on the map) needs locations (x and y) to start the game for the leaders. (on the editor, player-1, player-2...etc.)
------
EDIT: this is an emergency rescue.
Attachments
The_Necromancers_Cavern.zip
(37.65 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
colin345

Post by colin345 »

It works, but what text editor do you use? I have all the [] things, it's not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering. Also, I don't have any names for the main people (ie nonrecuitables). Thanks for all the help, I realize that this probably took a lot of effort on your part, and you were extremely helpful (Also those who answered my other questions).
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

colin345 wrote:what text editor do you use? I have all the [] things, it's not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering.
I am using a freeware "Bean" (I cannot find the url, yet), but I think anything which supports UTF-8 should work for BfW. In fact, the [] things do not show on Mac. That is why it used to be a problem for me.
colin345 wrote: I don't have any names for the main people (ie nonrecuitables).
beetlenaut on other subject wrote:Your leaders don't have names because you didn't give them any. The id is just for internal use.
You need to install name="unit's name" in the side tag and the [unit] tag. If you think about translating the campaign in the future, it should be:

name= _ "unit's name"
I am glad to hear it works now anyway.:smile: