Mnewton1's Shrine Maps

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Mnewton1's Shrine Maps

Post by mnewton1 »

I am been working on something other than Ageless Era the past few days. I was making a few scenarios were there is an undead shrine and if you move your leader onto it will create a random undead unit next turn for as long as the leader is on the shrine. I am 2 major problems.

First, It is very hard to balance because the 1 player gets a head start for the shrine. And because of the randomness that player could get a few level 3s which will give him an advantage. The way I plan to keep them from staying on the shrine for to long is to make it so every turn the leader takes 1-10 damage (will be random) and has a 1 out of 8 chance of being poisoned. I have not added these features yet because I first won't to know what everyone thinks.
Attachments
Mnewton's_Shrine_Maps.zip
(35.72 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Last edited by mnewton1 on August 6th, 2010, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Mnewton1's Shrine Maps

Post by Pentarctagon »

maybe you could have a graduated system kind of thing, there would be multiple cave terrains in layers around the shrine. so if terrain=Uu, then a level 1 unit would spawn. If terrain=Ur, the a level 2 unit. if terrain=Cud, then a level 3 unit.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I don't know exactly what you mean by that. I have decided though that I am going to do random damage 1-10 and if a non-leader unit moves onto the shrine it will be killed.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

i meant something like this:

if your leader was on the outer layer, you would get a level 1 unit. the middle layer would be a level 2 and if you got your leader to the keep it would spawn a level 3.
Attachments
Presentation1.png
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I thought I replied to this post... Anyway, I think that would take up a bit to much space but might be good for a whole map. I would place 6 villages in the outer layer and make each layer except to last layer do damage. The farther in you are, the more damage you will take. You would only get your leader unit and the units you get from the shrine. Also if you went to the castle in the middle you would have a 1/5 chance to be turned to stone for 1-5 turns and would not get any new units while stoned. But for the time you are not turned to stone you will get only level 3 and level 4 units. It is something for me to think about making.
Creator of Ageless Era