number of movement can't be under 4 hex ???

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
ced_ne

number of movement can't be under 4 hex ???

Post by ced_ne »

Hi,

I probably found a bug ( I hope it's not a feature :S ). Some of my custom unit, which have only 3 movement point, have now at least 4 movement point, since I have updated to 1.3.8+svn.

It used to work well on 1.3.2, but on 1.3.8+svn, this custom unit have 4 movement point if I write 3, 2 or only 1 in WML... It's crazy :S

Maybe I've missed something...

EDIT : when I open the help of the unit, the correct number of movement is displayed, but in-game, it doesn't work...
-- please don't blame me about my bad english spoken ! --
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Are you sure they just didn't all get the quick trait when testing? Of course that only explains a movement of +1, not bigger.
ced_ne

Post by ced_ne »

I found it :)

It's not a matter of trait...

I don't know why, but wesnoth acts very strangely when you make some change on your campaign without quitting it.

Because it takes some time to load, I used to return to the main menu, making change on my files, and launching again my campaign (not a savegame, a new game). I don't know why but it confuses Wesnoth a lot.

Really, that was crazy : I can change easily the movement point of my custom unit EXCEPT if I set it under 4 :S

Maybe wesnoth don't throw away some data of a campaign even after returning to the main menu...

Anyway, it is still possible that some kind of undiscovered bugs are hiding somewhere.

EDIT : I'm running the 1.3.8+svn under linux Debian
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Yeah, don't do that then.

Wesnoth caches the results of the preprocessor on any campaign. This cache is only checked for staleness when wesnoth starts up. I'm sure someone could eventually determine why exactly the code does that; however, there would be little point to doing so.

Also, loading savegames from a wrong version acts worse.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
ced_ne

Post by ced_ne »

okey, thanks ;)