Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
gfgtdf
General Code Maintainer
Posts: 1344
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by gfgtdf »

i used textsearch for "moveto", found 4 moveto events, from wich the first two had a restirctive filter and the third had no filter.

I just played the second scenario, went all nomral, but in at some turn there came a allied rider saying "im pursuited by enemy reinforces" (or something like that.), in the next turn the same rider killed the enemy leader who was at full hp :S.

then on the third scenario i was a little diassapoted because gelprad lost his backstab ability, so i gave it him back^^, i hope this doesn't effect the later scenarios.

the Careonyin s file you say:

Code: Select all

	### tweaked, because he is very experienced in battle
	[resistance]
		blade=90
		pierce=90
		impact=80
	[/resistance]
but in fact i think the original Grand Marshal has better resitances.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
User avatar
Adamant14
Posts: 906
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Adamant14 »

gfgtdf wrote:i used textsearch for "moveto", found 4 moveto events, from wich the first two had a restirctive filter and the third had no filter.
You knew what you are looking for, and that was the trick. :)
gfgtdf wrote:I just played the second scenario, went all nomral, but in at some turn there came a allied rider saying "im pursuited by enemy reinforces" (or something like that.), in the next turn the same rider killed the enemy leader who was at full hp :S.
This shouldn't happen, and it never happened to me.
In all my test plays the rider never attacked the Undead leader.
EDIT_2:I guess he even can not reach him within one turn.
Was the enemy leader outside his keep?


And about the full HP, we all know about the 'luck' factor.
Once I attacked a level 0 unit with four level 3 units without doing any damage to the level 0 unit.
They all missed.
Luck. :augh:
gfgtdf wrote:then on the third scenario i was a little diassapoted because gelprad lost his backstab ability, so i gave it him back^^, i hope this doesn't effect the later scenarios.
EDIT:Gelphrad never had backstab. :hmm:
You got me another time, indeed I forget that. :oops:
gfgtdf wrote:the Careonyin s file you say:

Code: Select all

	### tweaked, because he is very experienced in battle
	[resistance]
		blade=90
		pierce=90
		impact=80
	[/resistance]
but in fact i think the original Grand Marshal has better resitances.
You are completely right. :oops:

Thanks for playing, and thank you for your feedback.
Hope you enjoy the campaign. :)
Last edited by Adamant14 on June 22nd, 2013, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
gfgtdf
General Code Maintainer
Posts: 1344
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by gfgtdf »

Adamant14 wrote:This shouldn't happen, and it never happened to me.
In all my test plays the rider never attacked the Undead leader.
I guess he even can not reach him within one turn.
Was the enemy leader outside his keep?
no he wasn't. from (13,11) it is ony 6 hexed to the enemys keep, maybe in your tests the emey killed the horseman right away or there were enemys between him and the leader.
Gelphrad never had backstab. :hmm:
i interpreted this as backstab for Gelphrad (although in fact is does nothing becuse the second modifications tag is ignored and apply_to=new_ability with [speicals] wont work):

Code: Select all

#define FIRE_GELPHRAD
	[unit]
		type=Gelphrad_ruffian
		id="Gelphrad"
		name="Gelphrad"
		unrenamable=yes
		x=$x1
		y=$y1
		side=2
		random_traits=no
		[modifications]
			{TRAIT_RESILIENT}
			{TRAIT_STRONG}
		[/modifications]
		[modifications]
			[object]
				silent=yes
				[effect]
					apply_to=new_ability
					[specials]
						{ABILITY_STEADFAST}
						{WEAPON_SPECIAL_BACKSTAB}
					[/specials]
				[/effect]
			[/object]
		[/modifications]
	[/unit]
.....
#enddef
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
User avatar
Adamant14
Posts: 906
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Adamant14 »

gfgtdf wrote:
Adamant14 wrote:This shouldn't happen, and it never happened to me.
In all my test plays the rider never attacked the Undead leader.
I guess he even can not reach him within one turn.
Was the enemy leader outside his keep?
no he wasn't. from (13,11) it is ony 6 hexed to the enemys keep, maybe in your tests the emey killed the horseman right away or there were enemys between him and the leader.
Yes, meanwhile I checked the coordinates.
I was about to edit my previous post, but your response was to fast.
You are right, and though what is happend to you is quiet unusual but possible, so I have to think about changing the coordinates.
Thank you for the report. :)
gfgtdf wrote:
Gelphrad never had backstab. :hmm:
i interpreted this as backstab for Gelphrad (although in fact is does nothing becuse the second modifications tag is ignored and apply_to=new_ability with [speicals] wont work):
So I was right, Gelphrad never had Backstab. :lol2:
But you are right, once it was intended that he has.
But it didn't work.
And I didn't notice, and then I completely forgot that fact. :P
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
User avatar
AxalaraFlame
Posts: 690
Joined: December 4th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Location: Pasadina, Caltech

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by AxalaraFlame »

ASoR-Attack_Of_The_Undead_replay.gz
(39.73 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
ASoR-Lord_Veogwyn_replay.gz
(38.13 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
ASoR-Lord_Othar_replay.gz
(40.72 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
ASoR-Through_The_Goblin_..._replay.gz
(45.36 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
ASoR-The_Elvish_Outpost_replay.gz
(67.51 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
User avatar
AxalaraFlame
Posts: 690
Joined: December 4th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Location: Pasadina, Caltech

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by AxalaraFlame »

ASoR-Dwarven_Pass_replay.gz
(47.79 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
ASoR-Revenge_replay.gz
(107 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
ASoR-Flight_Tunnel_replay.gz
(52.06 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
User avatar
AxalaraFlame
Posts: 690
Joined: December 4th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Location: Pasadina, Caltech

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I have just finished it again without save/loads. This one shall be better:
Attachments
ASoR-Flight_Tunnel_replay.gz
(51.88 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
User avatar
Adamant14
Posts: 906
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for the replays. :)
( I miss scenario '08 The Dwarves' ) :P
Very interesting for me, to see how you play through the campaign.
In some scenarios you use less units than me (you save the gold).
And you play much more aggressive than I do. :)
And you risk more.
Though you play on HARD, seems you had no problems to cope the scenarios.
This will be different with the next version.
Cause meanwhile I did a work over on my campaign ( new version is not released yet ),
I made some minor changes and bug-fixes (suggested and reported by forum members),
and I raised the difficulty, especially on difficulty HARD, because HARD was not really HARD.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
User avatar
AxalaraFlame
Posts: 690
Joined: December 4th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Location: Pasadina, Caltech

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Adamant14 wrote:Thank you for the replays. :)
( I miss scenario '08 The Dwarves' ) :P
Very interesting for me, to see how you play through the campaign.
In some scenarios you use less units than me (you save the gold).
And you play much more aggressive than I do. :)
And you risk more.
Though you play on HARD, seems you had no problems to cope the scenarios.
This will be different with the next version.
Cause meanwhile I did a work over on my campaign ( new version is not released yet ),
I made some minor changes and bug-fixes (suggested and reported by forum members),
and I raised the difficulty, especially on difficulty HARD, because HARD was not really HARD.
Yeah, and play aggressively usually takes more recruits/recalls and sacrifises as well.
But keep a comparatively advantageous number of units definitly would work it out faster, which gives more bonus.

The map of scenerio Flight Tunnel needs some modification. Elves are easily exposed to bats and hardly get cured.
On that branch tunnel where you encounter the spider, it is really hard to move your elves. I suggest to add few more flat land hexes.
stillcen
Posts: 38
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 5:23 am
Location: the SFB 3rd dimension

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by stillcen »

Really enjoyed what was done in this scenario.

Loved the zombie bashes of the first 2 secnarios.

My only suggestion is

In the last scenairo where you are looking for the Dwarven Lord in the mines, hacking your way through the undead;
Change the blup about a hidden passage in the NorthEast, to There is rumor of hidding passages.


thanks again, Loved it.


stillcen
User avatar
Adamant14
Posts: 906
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for the suggestion.
I changed the sentence to:
"There is rumour of a hidden entrance to the mines in the north-east."
Do you think this is better? :)
Or better:
"There are rumours about a hidden entrance to the mines in the north-east."
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Elatar
Posts: 1
Joined: November 21st, 2013, 12:27 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Elatar »

Hi i like first part of your campaign, the second part is ready? thank you and sorry for me english ;) good job congratulations ;)
User avatar
Adamant14
Posts: 906
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for the kind words. :)

The second part is far away from being finished, but the campaign is not abandoned yet.
Notice, the next update will be available only for BfW 1.11.x (development branch),
expect no updates for 1.10.x .

Thank you for playing. :)


Note: The next update includes some deeper changes, so that older saveloads will no longer work.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
AI
Developer
Posts: 2394
Joined: January 31st, 2008, 8:38 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by AI »

The wescamp script gave me the following output:

Code: Select all

[WARNING 2014-04-11 13:03:18,944]
init-build-sys.sh in add-on Antar:
Translatable empty string at ./Antar/scenarios/08_The_Dwarves.cfg:1239 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 389.
wmlxgettext failed!
The problem is pretty much what it says. Empty translatable strings are forbidden. (whatever = _ "")
User avatar
Adamant14
Posts: 906
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Singleplayer Campaign Feedback Thr

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for letting me know.
I fixed it, but only the 1.12 version.
I decided to maintain my Add-On only for the latest version of BfW.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Post Reply