Struggle For Freedom 1.5.0

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WYRMY

Struggle For Freedom 1.5.0

Post by WYRMY »

Hi everyone
The Struggle for Freedom forum is back!

Struggle for Freedom is an elf/human campaign set around 506YW, around 5 or 6 years into Asheviere's reign.

Help with balancing would be appreciated.

Updates:
Current version is 1.5.0
Scenario Status:
1 - Incursion on the Western Glades: Working.
2 - Search for the Ochgma: Working.
3 - An Attack from the North: Working.
4 - Across the Dark Hills: Working
5 - The Courtyard: Working.
6 - Struggle for Freedom: Working.
7a - The Eye of Y'fel: Working.
7b - Realm of Knightmare: Working.
8 - Bane of Soradoc: Working.
9 - Ghosts of a Sylvan Land: Working.

:D

Thanks, WYRMY.
Last edited by WYRMY on June 28th, 2009, 6:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
Armageddon

Re: Struggle For Freedom

Post by Armageddon »

Dang, this campaign is feeling pretty lonely. I'd just like to say, nice work. Very well done campaign. I haven't finished it yet, but...
Writer, editor, and maintainer of The Rebirth of Magic (Incomplete, please support by contributing to the thread or simply downloading from the campaign server.)

Help me out by following this link and completing an offer.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

Haven't been doing much for the last week, due to sickness. Back to work now. :D
markm

Post by markm »

Hey, copy/paste via mouse doesn't work under Xwindows on Fedora9, arg. Gotta retype by hand, potentially introducing acts of typography. Not what some authors andor editors might regard as ideal in a collaborative authoring tool. ;)

Got the campaign from the server, entered it, and almost immediately ran into:
Our whole clan and forest were nearly wiped out, but the woses and faerie spirits came too our rescue,
Too? As distinct from to?

Editted to make it clearer I am referring to this Struggle for Freedom campaign and pinning down more clearly what part of the campaign the quote is taken (not, unfortunately, by copy/paste due to presumably-technical reasons) the quote.

Meanwhile I have reached the map and it is so breathtaking I haven't moved yet, in fact took a while just to get around to selecting some recruits. (Hunter? Whassat? Oooooh, reminds me of sandelves from the future, cool. Ooooh, lookie, fire sprite. Hmm, no pine, etc species characteristics on the wose? Chance or that whole funtionality doesn't exist in the mainline just in the Story of the Wose? Etc etc etc. Omg these units are all so nice, gonna have to figure a way to keep them all alive... ;))

-MarkM- (Yeah, I'm a proofreading nazi. (So spell me. ;)))
Last edited by markm on August 18th, 2008, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Uhhhh... What? :hmm: I think you posted in the wrong forum.
Writer, editor, and maintainer of The Rebirth of Magic (Incomplete, please support by contributing to the thread or simply downloading from the campaign server.)

Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

I played the campaign and thought it was good theres a few places were i thought a bit wierd and needed mroe explaining like why did he become a lich was he a lich before, or maybe i didn't read those bits?
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

markm wrote:
Our whole clan and forest were nearly wiped out, but the woses and faerie spirits came too our rescue,
Too? As distinct from to?

Editted to make it clearer I am referring to this Struggle for Freedom campaign and pinning down more clearly what part of the campaign the quote is taken (not, unfortunately, by copy/paste due to presumably-technical reasons) the quote.
Ok I'll change that.
Armageddon wrote:Uhhhh... What? :hmm: I think you posted in the wrong forum.
Um, I think he got it right.
Akkarin345 wrote:I played the campaign and thought it was good theres a few places were i thought a bit wierd and needed mroe explaining like why did he become a lich was he a lich before, or maybe i didn't read those bits?
Do you mean that elvish lich guy?

Spoilers:
What he was doing (Mal-Birurn) was consolidating his power in the Eastern forest, and then he was going to send the Lord's Regiment (elvish army) away for some reason, and then going to take over the forest, then TAKE OVER THE WORLD. MWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

:augh: (Yikes! A bit crazy there. But generally correct :lol2: )
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

On his own?
Was he a lich before when you were defending with him?
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

:oops: My bad, I didn't realize the quote was part of the campaign.

WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

Akkarin345 wrote:On his own?
Yeah, well, he would have had the corrupted elves, +the dead bodies (wc) and skeles of fallen warrior and stuff.
Akkarin345 wrote:Was he a lich before when you were defending with him?
Yes, just he was disguised by very strong magic.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

Struggle for Freedom version 1.2.5 is out.

The new release includes:
-a new level, Realm of Knightmare (yes, big cliched name, but hopefully it will be ok.) Feedback wanted.
-you lose when Xavien dies. It didn't work before due to a name mistake in death.cfg
-Gar Durthsil now gets {IS_HERO} if you start from or before An Attack from the North. You still lose if he dies.
-Minor spelling mistake changes

Reports on the difficulty are still welcome (not that I've had any yet :lol2: ).

Thanks to everyone who wrote to this forum, and my old one.

WYRMY.
markm

Post by markm »

"We eastern elves elves have never surrendered to anyone." Not even to the department of redundancy department? ;) :lol2:

I finished first move then quit game and grabbed the new version, but figured I might as well take a look at it from the start before assuming my end of turn autosave might work. Off to load the autosave now...

-MarkM-
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

WYRMY wrote:
Akkarin345 wrote:On his own?
Yeah, well, he would have had the corrupted elves, +the dead bodies (wc) and skeles of fallen warrior and stuff.
Akkarin345 wrote:Was he a lich before when you were defending with him?
Yes, just he was disguised by very strong magic.
Wouldn't he have used this against the orcs?

Also i like the scenario of freeing people it reminds me of the Eastern Invasion Ancient version where there was a prison full of elves dwarves etc but this was done really well! I foudn the trapdoor is that the new scenario?
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

No, because then it would be revealed to the elves he was a lich, and they would smash him....

And to your other thing
Thanks! Yes it is the new scenario. How hard was it to find?
WYRMY

Re: Struggle For Freedom 1.2.5

Post by WYRMY »

I would like to announce that there is a Struggle for Freedom artwork forum now, so if anyone wants to contribute art for it (the portraits are pretty bad!) go to http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 69#p303469.