Wesnoth-UMC-Dev Project (with SVN)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Wesnoth-UMC-Dev Project (with SVN)

Post by Iris »

The Coordinated Wesnoth UMC Development Project aims to help with collaborative and solo development of Wesnoth user-made content of all kinds using a safe sandbox environment hosted within SourceForge.net’s facilities, providing a SVN repository and an additional file releases system independent of the Battle for Wesnoth add-ons server.

In the past we’ve worked together with the Battle for Wesnoth team to prepare some great campaigns for mainline, including such titles as Legend of Wesmere, Delfador’s Memoirs and Dead Water. Other well-known user-made add-ons hosted in our repository include Invasion from the Unknown, Era of Strife and The Dark Hordes.

This is the main Discussion and Support thread for the Wesnoth-UMC-Dev Project.
The old thread contents have been archived here.
You can read more information about us at our website. This thread is for discussion, questions and answers and updates related to the Wesnoth-UMC-Dev Project.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Wesnoth-UMC-Dev Project (with SVN)

Post by Iris »

Wesnoth-UMC-Dev is upgrading to SourceForge’s Allura platform this April 20th, 19:00 UTC.

You can read more details about what this entails in our blog post. Suffice to say, this will be an inevitably disruptive operation. Users and contributors to our repository should keep an eye on the blog after the appointed time for status updates.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Upgrade complete.

You can find the general instructions for contributors and users in our blog post. Feel free to post more specific questions (or issues you may have encountered) about the migration here.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hey,

I run this, from within a umc-dev project directory, after I got the "all done" email:

Code: Select all

svn switch https://wesnoth-umc-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wesnoth-umc-dev svn+ssh://doofus-01@svn.code.sf.net/p/wesnoth-umc-dev/code/
I get this:

svn: 'svn+ssh://doofus-01@svn.code.sf.net/p/wesnoth-umc-dev' is not a working copy
svn: 'svn+ssh://doofus-01@svn.code.sf.net/p/wesnoth-umc-dev' does not exist

I'm sure it's something stupid on my part, but I can't be the only one. I tried little variations in the new URL before the @ thing, but it didn't make any difference.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The --relocate switch. The command line should be the following (assuming Subversion < 1.7.x):

Code: Select all

svn switch --relocate https://wesnoth-umc-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wesnoth-umc-dev svn+ssh://doofus-01@svn.code.sf.net/p/wesnoth-umc-dev/code/
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ah, yeah. That was it... :( How I manage to tie my shoelaces or even breath is a minor miracle.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

In case one is using git/git-svn to access one's addons, the process described in the third post here worked for me.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign