Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wayirr

Re: Antar, Son of Rheor [Development Thread]

Post by Wayirr »

I think that the dialogues should fit in 1024x600 resolution, since it's quite common for netbooks. 1366x768 is also common on laptops
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

It also happens to me, both when I play in the window and in full screen.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

OK, I know what caused the problem.

Since I use a different screen resolution, I was not aware of this problem, so thank you for pointing this out to me.

Please update the campaign, I've removed the piece of code that caused this behaviour, and everything should work fine now.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

There's two different version checks in the code, which suggests one is obsolete:
  • 1.14.4, in _main.cfg's ASoR_VERSION_CHECK / ASoR_WESNOTH_VERSION_STATUS
  • 1.14.2 in the story part of the first scenario
The files are using Windows' CP-1252 instead of UTF-8, and are using CP-1252 curly quotes. wmlxgettext won't handle them without the changes in the attached patch.

I haven't played the campaign yet, was just looking at the code to see if it's translation-ready.
Attachments
Antar.pot.gz
(53.01 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
0001-Fixup-Antar-s-Windows-1252-smart-quotes-to-UTF-8-and.patch
(8.43 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

octalot wrote: May 18th, 2019, 3:12 am There's two different version checks in the code, which suggests one is obsolete
fixed

octalot wrote: May 18th, 2019, 3:12 am The files are using Windows' CP-1252 instead of UTF-8, and are using CP-1252 curly quotes. wmlxgettext won't handle them without the changes in the attached patch
fixed, thank you

Is the pot-file for the translator? What do I have to do with that pot-file? Do I have to put that file in the translations-folder of my campaign?
Sorry for that maybe stupid questions.

Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

For what to do with the .pot file, I've added a clarification to GettextForWesnothDevelopers#Generating_the_.pot_and_.po_files_for_UMC. Is it now better?
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

I don't know if this is a bug or is intended, but when Grimbold stands a hex next to Garulf, Garulf has all resistances maxed to 80% and 70% fire, arcane and cold, but Protector ability only gives +25%.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

@ Octalot: I have installed Python and Poedit, and was able to translate a few lines of my campaign into German. It works, thank you.

@ EarthCake: Do you mean on every terrain? Can you add a screenshot?
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Here is a screenshot of resistances when next to Grimbold:
Снимак екрана направљен 2019-05-19 18-27-44.png
And here is what Protector ability gives:
Снимак екрана направљен 2019-05-19 18-28-13.png
I don't know if anyone sees anything but here are resistances:
-blade 80%
-pierce 80%
-impact 80%
-fire 70%
-cold 70%
-arcane 70%

Also, have you created .pot files for translation? If you have, I have installed python 3.5 and have poedit, but when I enter data/tools and open GUI.pyw it doesn't open with python.
Can you help me with this?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

EarthCake wrote: May 19th, 2019, 4:38 pm Also, have you created .pot files for translation? If you have, I have installed python 3.5 and have poedit, but when I enter data/tools and open GUI.pyw it doesn't open with python.
Can you help me with this?
Have you tried "open with" ?

I have installed Python 3.7.3
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Yes, it doesn't show me python at all.

And sorry, this is not the thread for my .pot problems, so please write in your thread for translation so I don't here... you know what.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

EarthCake wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:43 am I don't know if this is a bug or is intended, but when Grimbold stands a hex next to Garulf, Garulf has all resistances maxed to 80% and 70% fire, arcane and cold, but Protector ability only gives +25%.
No that is not intended, and I can confirm that you are right.
Sadly I have no idea how to fix that issue. Maybe someone else here knows how to fix that.
Maybe the ability code is not meant to work on a adjacent unit.
And the 80% maybe are somehow inflicted by the max_value=80

Code: Select all

#define ASoR_ABILITY_PROTECTION
    [resistance]
        id=ASoR_protection
        name=protection
        add=25
        max_value=80
        apply_to=blade,pierce,impact,fire,cold,arcane
Thank you for the report.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Maybe you should put lower max_value, because any lvl of dwarf fighter cannot go up to 80%.
Or maybe you can try to delete all max_value. That will maybe work.
sergey

Post by sergey »

I found out why this bug occurs. Grimbold uses Dwarvish Stalwart / Dwarvish Sentinel as a base units. Those units have steadfast ability, while Grimbold has protector ability. Because of how the base_unit works, resulting unit has an incorrect ability which is a mix of steadfast and protector. I suggest to remove the base_unit and duplicate required code from Dwarvish Stalwart / Dwarvish Sentinel to Grimbold.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you Sergey, indeed that makes sense. :D So I will follow your suggestion and I will change Grimbold's units.cfg accordingly. I just hope removing Steadfast will not weaken Grimbold too much. :hmm: Finally he has the important task to protect the son of the dwarf king. :P