Trash Talk/Arguments/Call-Outs

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

Trash Talk/Arguments/Call-Outs

Post by Doc Paterson »

Alright! Is there a forum argument bogging down an unrelated thread? Is there some slanderous conflict heating up your day? Do you want to call someone out on the MP server, or just post something wild (but still Wesnoth-related)? Take it here. Let those other threads breathe. :D
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I think I shouldn't play Wesnoth Multiplayer at 6:00 in the morning. I tend to play badly and complain a lot. I get a dreadful headache too.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:I think I shouldn't play Wesnoth Multiplayer at 6:00 in the morning. I tend to play badly and complain a lot. I get a dreadful headache too.
I'm calling you out!

8)

Yeah, agreed- I've had some terrible times playing when tired.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:Just in case you are COMPLETELY oblivious to the way that such statements are interpreted, let me help you out by telling you that yes, most reasonable people would think that this is what you are trying to convey, albeit in an indirect, somewhat cowardly manner.
Well, yes, I am, and yes, people are stupid. I think they'd associate it at least somewhat with my immediately previous statement about not being able to find experienced players to compete with...
You just need a few more inhibitor-neurons, to increase lag-time between thought and typing. :D

It can be tough to find good opponents on the server sometimes, that's definitely true. This is why when you see a name of interest, you should just call them out immediately. Like, "Hey! Elvish Presley! Let's play a game!" This actually works. Give it a try. :)

On a somewhat related note, wouldn't it be funny if you could hit someone with an Elvish Shaman during an argument, so that their reply would have to be half as long. :P hehe.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Darth Fool
Retired Developer
Posts: 2633
Joined: March 22nd, 2004, 11:22 pm
Location: An Earl's Roadstead

Post by Darth Fool »

Doc Paterson wrote: On a somewhat related note, wouldn't it be funny if you could hit someone with an Elvish Shaman during an argument, so that their reply would have to be half as long. :P hehe.
Yes, but they would say it really slow, so the conversation would last the same amount of time :)
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Doc Paterson wrote:You just need a few more inhibitor-neurons, to increase lag-time between thought and typing. :D
eh... not really. The real issue is that my intellectual knowledge doesn't influence my actions so much.

That is, if I intellectually know that people will hate me if I say X, but I practically know that I want to communicate the contents of X to my audiance, then no matter how long I delay before typing, I'll still end up saying X.

So, I need to realize that what I say frustrates people. That's hard, because the only response I get is text.

In real life, I don't argue with people very much, and I'm usually smiling as I say things. I generally get along with people, probably because I get a more informative response. Granted, the majority of people I meet are morons, but at least I get along with them.

On the internet, though, where it's much easier to meet smart people, I am always arguing and complaining, and people get angry with me frequently. Weird, huh?
Doc Paterson wrote:It can be tough to find good opponents on the server sometimes, that's definitely true. This is why when you see a name of interest, you should just call them out immediately. Like, "Hey! Elvish Presley! Let's play a game!" This actually works. Give it a try. :)
The hard part is being on the server at the same time in the first place.
Doc Paterson wrote:On a somewhat related note, wouldn't it be funny if you could hit someone with an Elvish Shaman during an argument, so that their reply would have to be half as long. :P hehe.
Not really. After all, the Elvish Shaman may reduce movement by half, but an argument is an attack, so it would only cut off one swing. So you'd be more likely to get the last word, but it really wouldn't be very effective.

A more real idea is that you position your units to attack, with Accelerated Speed on, decide on all the attacks, and then get in an argument. Just when your opponent is about to reply, stop arguing and start killing their units. :lol:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
MadMax
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 6th, 2004, 3:29 pm
Location: Weldyn, Wesnoth

Post by MadMax »

Move this to OT, but keep the original thread here (with the Moved: prefix) so it is seen.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

And it should probably be stickied, if it's to fulfill its purpose.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin
Posts: 956
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 3:51 am
Location: Where ever my mind takes me
Contact:

Post by Assasin »

EP wrote:I generally get along with people, probably because I get a more informative response. Granted, the majority of people I meet are morons...

On the internet, though, where it's much easier to meet smart people, I am always arguing and complaining, and people get angry with me frequently. Weird, huh?
Not really. My guess is that you are slightly smarter then the moron, and thus they agree with almost everything you say, yet when you talk to intelligent people, such as myself, you tend to argue alot. You get a response that is sufficient for most people, yet you fail to see the answer because we use big words like therefore and and. You get internet rage when you can't understand and start blasting everybody. Then people get angry with you when you keep asking them to break down their answers in the simplest terms. You frequently ask people to repeat themselves, and thus they get angry with you often. It's simple to me and other intelligent beings, yet you have to ask "Weird, huh?" and have people like me attempt to explain it too you.

Don't feel bad, we know you are mentally challenged, and it will take a few days for all of this to sink in, but I just want you to know that I'm glad you stick to it, that you give it all you got, only to pull a brain fart in the end. We love you EP, and Wesnoth wouldn't be Wesnoth without you.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

Uh... :roll:

Of course, that is the explanation. *cough**cough*.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Assasin
Posts: 956
Joined: March 15th, 2005, 3:51 am
Location: Where ever my mind takes me
Contact:

Post by Assasin »

the title is "trash talk" ya know....
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

Post by Doc Paterson »

Assasin wrote:You get internet rage
Too good.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
unsung
Posts: 708
Joined: May 15th, 2005, 5:54 pm
Location: Raging somewhere..

Post by unsung »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:You just need a few more inhibitor-neurons, to increase lag-time between thought and typing. :D
eh... not really. The real issue is that my intellectual knowledge doesn't influence my actions so much.

That is, if I intellectually know that people will hate me if I say X, but I practically know that I want to communicate the contents of X to my audiance, then no matter how long I delay before typing, I'll still end up saying X.

So, I need to realize that what I say frustrates people. That's hard, because the only response I get is text.

In real life, I don't argue with people very much, and I'm usually smiling as I say things. I generally get along with people, probably because I get a more informative response. Granted, the majority of people I meet are morons, but at least I get along with them.

On the internet, though, where it's much easier to meet smart people, I am always arguing and complaining, and people get angry with me frequently. Weird, huh?
Doc Paterson wrote:It can be tough to find good opponents on the server sometimes, that's definitely true. This is why when you see a name of interest, you should just call them out immediately. Like, "Hey! Elvish Presley! Let's play a game!" This actually works. Give it a try. :)
The hard part is being on the server at the same time in the first place.
Doc Paterson wrote:On a somewhat related note, wouldn't it be funny if you could hit someone with an Elvish Shaman during an argument, so that their reply would have to be half as long. :P hehe.
Not really. After all, the Elvish Shaman may reduce movement by half, but an argument is an attack, so it would only cut off one swing. So you'd be more likely to get the last word, but it really wouldn't be very effective.

A more real idea is that you position your units to attack, with Accelerated Speed on, decide on all the attacks, and then get in an argument. Just when your opponent is about to reply, stop arguing and start killing their units. :lol:
what? I could figure this out without much efoort but I really dont feel like it. I'll wait for the weekend when I'm not tired.
I do feel like anoyying someone though.
Last edited by unsung on July 7th, 2005, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
User avatar
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer
Posts: 1973
Joined: February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm
Location: Kazakh
Contact:

Post by Doc Paterson »

unsung wrote:I do feel like anoyying someone though.
I think you may have come to the right place. Care to call someone out? Steel-cage Battle For Wesnoth match? :P
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
unsung
Posts: 708
Joined: May 15th, 2005, 5:54 pm
Location: Raging somewhere..

Post by unsung »

no, not really.
I'll just annoy someone at work.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Post Reply