Feedback for the mainline campaign Under the Burning Suns.
1.14.11 Champion/Nightmare no reloading, played several times
Knowing the scripting the difficutly of the second part (after getting the keep) is somewhat too easy. The nagas are nasty but on land the enemy cant do anything due to terrain and Tauroch Protectors. (In the replay I probably should have sent 2 Taurochs to the eastern Naga leader and the rest to the Orc leader. Undead can easily be taken just with flyers.)
The first part (capture keep) has 3 issues:
1. Due to low number of units and enemy being skirmishers and potentially out-of-vision bats it is too heavy on RNG. (See also replay with leaders being protected by XP close to level-up. Its possible to do this but this relies on script knowledge.)
2. Not knowing the scripting the whole thing is extremely unfair. Its quite possible to get killed by bats or something.
3. Speed of (dwarf for me here) ally is very important in getting to the keep fast. Due to point 1 (too RNG) having ally there matters. But to "add insult to injury" getting the fast dwarf is also purely RNG. Success should be properly based on skill and not on RNG stacking.
No but see under 2) for major problems.
'Oh let Kaleh go alone' (etc etc) - this is like typically childish behavior straight out of some anime.
- UtBS-The Battle for Zocthanol Isle replay.gz
- (100.38 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Edit: By mistake, at first I posted here the feedback for scenario 9. Blood is Thicker than Water.
Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.3, Easy, Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.7 Medium, Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.5 Hard
This is the last scenario where you can recruit/recall, therefore the scenario for "Don't mind the money, launch everything you got"... which is a lot. Easy.2) Do you think the difficulty is adequate to the level? If not describe the issue that made the scenario to easy/hard.
No.3) Was there any event that caused you to almost instantly lose, or made the scenario unplayable without reload?
I like how short the dialogue is compared to previous scenarios. Kaleh's choice to battle Eloh alone is obviously stupid, but then it is the kind of stupid choice you frequently encounter in Fantasy stories.4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
If feels like four different scenarios glued together. I mean, there are four enemies but their efforts are uncoordinated. Once again, whenever possible I prefer to divide scenarios into smaller ones so they don't take so much time to play.5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.