Linux 1.12

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crow_T

Re: Linux 1.12

Post by Crow_T »

Yeah, I tried adding the line with no luck. :augh: To be continued ;)
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

One other thing you can try is posting all the contents of "build/config.log", that might contain more info about why the test is failing. It's a bit of a fishing expedition though.

Finally if it still doesn't work you can try building without boost filesystem and locale,

Code: Select all

scons boostfilesystem=false
it's not really recommended but it should work fine if all else fails.

(You can see all the build options if you do scons --help.)
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

OK here it is:
Spoiler:
I'm on a sort of wesbreak, and really only want to put my addon on the 1.12 server- does content from the 1.11 server transfer over?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Yes, the later versions of 1.11 used the same server as 1.12. It will work.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Only 1.11.10 and later, as mentioned in the announcements.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I've been messing around with trying to build today, one thing I noticed is that my libboost_locale file didn't have an accompanying symlink as do the other boost libs, so I made one, but still can't compile. The other boost files are 1.46 while the locale one is 1.48, and there is no way to sync them up via synaptic by upgrading or downgrading. Where does scons look for the file, can I just make a copy in a different folder? :x
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Crow_T wrote:The other boost files are 1.46 while the locale one is 1.48
Hmm... all the boost libs that you use for wesnoth should be the same version, you aren't supposed to mix and match, because they may talk to each other and they won't be compatible in general. So all your boost should be at least >= 1.48 and the same version.

I would think that you could fix it by installing a package like this: http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libboost-all-dev
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Not 3 hours ago synaptic was throwing up errors and wouldn't let me install the 1.48 version, giving security warnings and such, but I just did now and scons passed by the boost error! Hooray! But now my sdl lib is outdated! :doh: I think the LTS versions of Ubuntu aren't actually LT :P

Thanks for the help on this ice-cubed