1.6 server games not disappearing

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
cretin

1.6 server games not disappearing

Post by cretin »

im not sure where this should go so i put it here (i hope this is the right section). Im running 1.6

On the 1.6 server i have noticed that several games do not disappear after everyone has left. i was on several hours ago and came back now and i see that a few of them are still there. I dont know if this is a problem from my end or the servers.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: 1.6 server games not disappearing

Post by Gambit »

yeah it also wont let you join games where you dont have the era, even if the era doesnt use custom units...
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Gambit wrote:yeah it also wont let you join games where you dont have the era, even if the era doesnt use custom units...
This is if the folder contains custom units, or more specifically, the Main CFG file.
cretin wrote:im not sure where this should go so i put it here (i hope this is the right section). Im running 1.6
This should have gone in Technical Support, but I'll give it a shot anyways.
cretin wrote: On the 1.6 server i have noticed that several games do not disappear after everyone has left. i was on several hours ago and came back now and i see that a few of them are still there. I dont know if this is a problem from my end or the servers.
What Operating System do you use? That might make it easier to find the problem.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
JW

Post by JW »

DEATH_is_undead wrote:
Gambit wrote:yeah it also wont let you join games where you dont have the era, even if the era doesnt use custom units...
This is if the folder contains custom units, or more specifically, the Main CFG file.
Look again:
Gambit wrote:even if the era doesnt use custom units...
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

DEATH_is_undead wrote: This is if the folder contains custom units, or more specifically, the Main CFG file.
Look again:
I just tested it and fortunately that doesn't seem to be true. Of course it can happen if the author of such an era happens to forget to use require_era=no, but that's their own fault then. ;)
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

zookeeper wrote:
DEATH_is_undead wrote: This is if the folder contains custom units, or more specifically, the Main CFG file.
I just tested it and fortunately that doesn't seem to be true. Of course it can happen if the author of such an era happens to forget to use require_era=no, but that's their own fault then. ;)
Ahhh, well, that seems more sensible, I guess.
zookeeper wrote: Look again:
I just tested it and fortunately that doesn't seem to be true. Of course it can happen if the author of such an era happens to forget to use require_era=no, but that's their own fault then. ;)[/quote][/quote]I was with him when we tested this. He used GEB, without the Custom units. But its in the same CFG as the one with it, so thats how I got that assumption.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
JW

Post by JW »

Sorry, I was just asserting that his statement was different than I thought you were saying. I had not tested it either way.
WildPenguin

Post by WildPenguin »

cretin wrote:On the 1.6 server i have noticed that several games do not disappear after everyone has left.
This is a known issue. It should be noted that observing these games may have adverse affects on your client; I recommend reconnecting to the server if you have observed one of these games or start to experience strange behaviour. See https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?13252 for more information.