[Historical] Legend of Wesmere (add-on version)

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Locked
User avatar
Query
Posts: 27
Joined: June 20th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by Query »

I haven't played the campaign, but I happen to love breaking_the_chains.ogg. Do you think it has a place in one of the scenarios?
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by fabi »

Query wrote:I haven't played the campaign, but I happen to love breaking_the_chains.ogg. Do you think it has a place in one of the scenarios?
It is the first song in the first scenario.
But it is only played until Velon decides to ...
Well, you'll see.
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

No, the idea was to grab it from svn UNLESS your tarball was somehow more recent and for some reason you had not updated svn. I have no problem with svn
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

Fabi,Shadow, in svn there are some old obsolete graphics. Can we get rid of them?
Restored 'images/story/els1.png'
Restored 'images/story/elf_preview_582.png'
Restored 'images/story/fire1.png'
Restored 'images/story/shadows.png'
Restored 'images/story/fire3a.png'
Restored 'images/story/Thoria3.png'
Restored 'images/story/mountains.png'
Restored 'images/story/snow.png'
Restored 'images/story/shadows2.png'
Restored 'scenarios/01_The_Uprootingold1.cfg'
Restored 'scenarios/07_Elves_last_standnew.cfg'
Restored 'scenarios/04_Elvish_Treasury.old'
Restored 'scenarios/02_Hostile_mountains.old'
Restored 'scenarios/28_Shadowsold.cfg'
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by fabi »

santi wrote:Fabi,Shadow, in svn there are some old obsolete graphics. Can we get rid of them?
Restored 'images/story/els1.png'
Restored 'images/story/elf_preview_582.png'
Restored 'images/story/fire1.png'
Restored 'images/story/shadows.png'
Restored 'images/story/fire3a.png'
Restored 'images/story/Thoria3.png'
Restored 'images/story/mountains.png'
Restored 'images/story/snow.png'
Restored 'images/story/shadows2.png'
Restored 'scenarios/01_The_Uprootingold1.cfg'
Restored 'scenarios/07_Elves_last_standnew.cfg'
Restored 'scenarios/04_Elvish_Treasury.old'
Restored 'scenarios/02_Hostile_mountains.old'
Restored 'scenarios/28_Shadowsold.cfg'
Santi, I did delete all of them yesterday.
They shouldn't be in svn any more.
On my working copy they are not going to be restored.
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

I guess you're right.

Meanwhile, what is the best way to refer to otehr mainline campaign art? Should one just duplicate it
and have it in the campaign(which increases the size rather needlessly) or refer to it with the full path? Following Shadow's suggestion I replaced the ad to HttT by this:
[story]
music=underground.ogg
[part]

story= _ "Sparing Eldred's life proved to be a very costly mistake. Eldred betrayed his father and took the throne, only to be slain by Delfador. After the subsequent ascension to the throne by Asheviere the elves had no contact with the humans, save for Delfador and his new protege, Konrad."
delay=4000
background="story/htt2_story2.png"
[/part]

[part]
story=_ "Then, one day, Cleodil's fears had come true: Asheviere has attacked in the south, using orcish mercenaries...Kalenz quickly gathered the troops..."
delay=4000
background="maps/wesnoth.png"
{DOT 368 296}
{DOT 306 285}
{DOT 268 486}
{DOT 241 553}
{DOT 249 624}
{CROSS 262 656}
[/part]
[/story]
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

I did a commit with the changes in scenarios 20-end; I changed the spelling of "assassin" which also affected the cfg and map files; these did not seem to have been included in the commit. Anyway, I'm done for tonigth, I will look at further issues tomorrow.

Just note that the fact that shydes and co are not killed in scenario 20 is intentional. Since Cleodil is the head "pixie", as a user put it in an earlier post, they side with Kalenz.
Attachments
21_Elvish_Assassins.map.gz
(557 Bytes) Downloaded 202 times
21_Elvish_Assassins.cfg.gz
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by fabi »

santi wrote:.
Meanwhile, what is the best way to refer to otehr mainline campaign art? Should one just duplicate it
and have it in the campaign(which increases the size rather needlessly) or refer to it with the full path?
We talked on the dev irc channel about that yesterday.
It is not a good idea to refer to content in mainline campaigns because on debian and ubuntu systems you can install every mainline campaign by it's own.
So we need to duplicate this content.
But we can ask Zookeeper to move some of the mainline campaign content to the core directory.
For example is the Elvish Lord and High Lord unit (Kalenz) already in core but the Elder Mage (Delfador) isn't.
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

ok, I'm in irc. Meanwhile I tried to play the campaign and I get a map issue. Did we change the maps?
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by fabi »

santi wrote:ok, I'm in irc. Meanwhile I tried to play the campaign and I get a map issue. Did we change the maps?
Yes, there are all new maps in svn.
Which map didn't work for you?
User avatar
Iris
Site Administrator
Posts: 6719
Joined: November 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by Iris »

santi wrote:I guess you're right.

Meanwhile, what is the best way to refer to otehr mainline campaign art? Should one just duplicate it
and have it in the campaign(which increases the size rather needlessly) or refer to it with the full path? Following Shadow's suggestion ...
First: LoW is not mainline yet. We won't move content around in mainline just because user-made add-ons use them.

Second: you should duplicate mainline content if you need it. Full paths are not going to work, and binary_path tricks will get you in trouble with foreign Wesnoth packages (i.e. Debian's).

Third: I'm "Shadow Master". Shadow/Wayfarer is a very different person, and he's an Art Contributor, for starters. =)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm (now available for Wesnoth 1.14.x and 1.15.4+).
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

maps and story scenarios

Post by fabi »

We have a few scenarios that take place at the same location.

I'm going to reduce their map files to a single one per location.
If there are some changes to the maps through the time, they are applied by the use of terrain_mask and a map files that contains a mask.

That should ease maintenance of the maps significantly.

This has already be done for all scenarios that take place at the Ka'lian and the both that take place at the Capital of the Saurians.

At the same time I am going to redo all that story scenarios that take place at the Ka'lian.
They will be based on a single file.

That means that work on a map which location is used more than one time in the campaign or on a scenario that is a pure storytelling one at the Ka'lian could be a total vast of time.

Greetings, Fabi

EDIT: merged
-- Shadow Master



edit: Both tasks are completed by now.
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Release version 1.5.3

Post by fabi »

The new 1.5.3 release is downloadable from the Wesnoth 1.5.x campaign server.
The campaign is expected to work with the 1.5.3 release of Wesnoth.

The scenarios should be playable at least till number 08.
Huge parts of the campaign have been rewritten and it is untested but most levels should still be balanced.

Changelog:
  • removed all old graphics
  • new maps
  • uses more songs
  • dialogues are working again
Enjoy!
User avatar
santi
Lord of Wesmere
Posts: 1320
Joined: April 6th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

Fabi, there are some map differences between the two Kalian battles( scenarios 3 and 7). The ELS (7) map is a bit larger and also has slight differences in the river structure, not to mention the dwarf keep. So I suppose if this is merged, you would use the larger one. Still, isn't there an issue with the fact that you have more keeps in the larger one?
fabi
Inactive Developer
Posts: 1254
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by fabi »

santi wrote:Fabi, there are some map differences between the two Kalian battles( scenarios 3 and 7). The ELS (7) map is a bit larger and also has slight differences in the river structure, not to mention the dwarf keep. So I suppose if this is merged, you would use the larger one. Still, isn't there an issue with the fact that you have more keeps in the larger one?
Hi Santi,
both scenarios use the 07 elves last stand map.
The parts of the map that the 07 map used to be bigger are converted to void during the prestart event of scenario 3.
After that the 03 kalian mask file is applied at the map.
Through this the differences in the river structure are applied as well as the unused keeps are converted and new keeps are introduced.

Greetings, Fabi
Locked