Minimap turning black and map drawing glitching

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
GForce0

Minimap turning black and map drawing glitching

Post by GForce0 »

Hi all, I am making a new scenario and encountered the following 2 issues:
- Minimap turning black at some point
- Drawing the map becomes glitchy and when you scroll around it becomes a mess
map drawing issue.png
It is not easily reproducible, as it does not always happen (at the same time). It does seem that the issue of glitchy map drawing happen after the issue of minimap turning black. And that it is triggered when using zoom function after the minimap turned black.

After that if you exit to main menu, the background will be the last view of the map. See picture 2. And if you then press multiplayer again the game crashes. However, after reloading the save, everything is back to normal (until it occurs again).
map drawing issue main menu.png
What could be causing these issues and how could it be solved? Can it be because I am saving too many variables?

Note: If it helps anything, I also encountered it happening in one of the scenarios in To Lands Unknown.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Minimap turning black and map drawing glitching

Post by Pentarctagon »

This is actually a known bug in Wesnoth that has been fixed in 1.14.13, so you should update to that version if possible. If not, the cause is a memory leak that happens when reloading a scenario, so you should either limit how often you reload save files or restart Wesnoth manually every hour or so.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
GForce0

Re: Minimap turning black and map drawing glitching

Post by GForce0 »

Ah my bad didn't know that. Thanks!