Is this a bug with my campaign or with wesnoth 1.6.3?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Huston

Is this a bug with my campaign or with wesnoth 1.6.3?

Post by Huston »

Hi i was just wondering if this is a bug with my campaign, or a bug with the new stable game client 1.6.3
It doesn't happen when the campaign is loaded through wesnoth 1.6.2
i got the error message shown in the screenshot below when i went to run my campaign in wesnoth 1.6.3

Not a spoiler, just the screenie:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Huston on June 27th, 2009, 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this a bug with my campaign or with wesnoth 1.6.3?

Post by Ken_Oh »

What does your map file's header say?
Huston

Post by Huston »

this is the coding of my map file:

each section represents one line of code.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Huston on June 27th, 2009, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Huston

Re: Is this a bug with my campaign or with wesnoth 1.3.6?

Post by Huston »

anyone?
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

That map data is not going to work in any wesnoth version since it's not a rectangle.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Huston

Post by Huston »

it is a rectangle.
i don't know why the code tags on the forum deviate it from it's original format. but it is a rectangle. i have a hunch it could be due to the width of the code line.

EDIT: i've modified the way my code was posted so that it is now posted by lines.

i'll attach the file for people to look at.
Haldar's_Camp.map
this is the map file in question
(22.74 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
To The Devs:
Where there any terrain code changes between wesnoth 1.6.2 and wesnoth 1.6.3?
and if there were could that be my problem?
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
melinath

Post by melinath »

Huston wrote:EDIT: i've modified the way my code was posted so that it is now posted by lines.
Urg. Why? Now it's impossible to read instead of just hard. Plus it takes up about 20 times as much space. If you must, please put a spoiler tag around it...
Huston wrote:and if there were could that be my problem?
I'm not a dev, but I think I can answer this one! You would know if terrain changes were the problem. Remember Evil Earl's campaign that we both spent so much time on? Remember the illegal map symbol message thingy he was getting? If there were a terrain change causing the error, that's what you'd be getting, too.

EDIT:: I can load the map with themap editor of the latest Ubuntu Jaunty Wesnoth release. I don't know how to test playing it, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
Last edited by melinath on June 27th, 2009, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huston

Post by Huston »

ok. so it may just be with wesnoth 1.6.3

maybe something was changed and that had an adverse effect which caused a bug.

maybe a dev could verify whether or not it's a bug with wesnoth
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Huston wrote:ok. so it may just be with wesnoth 1.6.3
I don't know how you draw that conclusion but it works just fine with 1.6.3.
All you post is a map that works fine. If it really does not work for you then you have to post more specifically how you use it.
Huston

Post by Huston »

it is the map for the first scenario of my campaign rebellion during the dark age.
i'm not the only one who has recieved this error either. i got a report from someone else today of the same exact bug. they were running wesnoth 1.6.3
Blues wrote:Running Wesnoth 1.6.3
I tired removing and re-installing this addon.

Code: Select all

20090627 08:07:01 error display: could not open image 'userdata/data/campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/images/dragonstatue.png'
20090627 08:07:07 error display: could not open image 'userdata/data/campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/images/mage.png'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'SOUND_LIST:HUMAN_MALE_DIE'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Dan_Tonk.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Weldyn.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/weldyn_great_hall.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Haldar's_Camp.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Dungeons.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Haldar's_Camp.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Into_the_Swamps.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/Swamp_of_Dread.map'
20090627 08:08:06 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/March_Down_The_River.map'
20090627 08:08:07 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/The_Ford_of_Abez.map'
20090627 08:08:07 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/The_Gray_Woods.map'
20090627 08:08:07 error config: File not found 'campaigns/Rebellion_During_the_Dark_Age/maps/The_Elvish_Council.map'
20090627 08:08:07 error general: An error due to possibly invalid WML occurred
The error message is :
'border_size' should be '1' when 'usage = map'

When reporting the bug please include the following error message :
Condition 'border_size_ == 1' failed at /var/tmp/portage/games-strategy/wesnoth-1.6.3/work
/wesnoth-1.6.3/src/map.cpp:181 in function 'read'.
it is also the only stable branch, wesnoth version that this happens on. that is why i am drawing this conclusion.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Load the map alone and observe how it works fine. Then figure out what you need to post so others can reproduce your issue.
Huston

Post by Huston »

i know that the map can be loaded fine via the map ediitor. the problem is when the game tries to initialize it, through my campaign's . first scenario the game gives you the error i posted in the original post. the game didn't do this in wesnoth 1.6.2. i'd upload a zip of the campaign here, but it is more than 20 megs. Soliton try downoloading it off tyhe add-on server and try to run it. i garanantee you will get this error. then try running it on wesnoth 1.6.2. i can garantee you won't get the error. this is why i am so confused
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
melinath

Post by melinath »

Soliton wrote:Load the map alone and observe how it works fine. Then figure out what you need to post so others can reproduce your issue.
Huston wrote:i know that the map can be loaded fine via the map ediitor. the problem is when the game tries to initialize it, through my campaign's . first scenario the game gives you the error i posted in the original post. the game didn't do this in wesnoth 1.6.2. i'd upload a zip of the campaign here, but it is more than 20 megs. Soliton try downoloading it off tyhe add-on server and try to run it. i garanantee you will get this error. then try running it on wesnoth 1.6.2. i can garantee you won't get the error. this is why i am so confused
I thought Soliton was clear, but here's a translation: the problem is not the map! The problem is somewhere else in your WML. Debug it and then post here what's actually causing the issue. Even if it is a bug in the engine, the bug is not because of the map.
(If this translation is incorrect, feel free to humble me.)
Huston

Post by Huston »

O.K. i removed all my scenario files except the first one and all my maps except for the one for the first scenario and i still got the same exact error that was posted orriginally.

next i tried removing the second half of the first scenario's code and tried running it ended up with the same error.

next i restored the second half of the coding and removed the first half of the coding. and got the same exact error.

it couldn't be a bug in my _main.cfg file. could it?
in case it is i'll put the coding for the _main.cfg file inside the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

and if it truly is a bug in the game engine and not my campaign, then how do i find it?
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

All I see in the _main.cfg file is that you've repeated the textdomain twice and I've never seen these in any _main.cfg files:

python="2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]"
wxpython="2.8.0.1"

I doubt that's causing you any errors, though.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.