quick wmllint question

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

quick wmllint question

Post by Velensk »

I've been working to update my campaigns and I've got a couple question that are probably rather obvious.

The first is about how do you actualy run wmllint, I've done dry runs and tried a few of the other functions that the program has listed, but I don't know how you actualy get it to edit the files.

The second question involves terrain masking. The dryrun I ran seemed to have problems with a terrain mask I was using because it didn't end with the .exe suffix. In the previous version I had simply been using a map file as the terrain mask. Is this no longer appropriate or is it fine, but I should put a .exe on the end of the map?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: quick wmllint question

Post by Ken_Oh »

If dryruns work for you, then just take -dryrun out of the command. Did you not try this?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

No I didn't try that. My previous experiance has not required me to use command lines and it never occured to me.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

That's cool. Don't hesitate to ask any more questions, because I had a heck of a time getting it to work myself.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Velensk wrote:The second question involves terrain masking. The dryrun I ran seemed to have problems with a terrain mask I was using because it didn't end with the .exe suffix. In the previous version I had simply been using a map file as the terrain mask. Is this no longer appropriate or is it fine, but I should put a .exe on the end of the map?
You mean ".mask" :| .mask files are terrain mask sources, and .map files are scenario maps.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Shadow Master wrote:
Velensk wrote:The second question involves terrain masking. The dryrun I ran seemed to have problems with a terrain mask I was using because it didn't end with the .exe suffix. In the previous version I had simply been using a map file as the terrain mask. Is this no longer appropriate or is it fine, but I should put a .exe on the end of the map?
You mean ".mask" :| .mask files are terrain mask sources, and .map files are scenario maps.
Terrain mask sources? But aren't .exe files exactly what you're supposed to get from sources? I think I'm confused now. :o :augh: :!:
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

zookeeper wrote:
Shadow Master wrote: You mean ".mask" :| .mask files are terrain mask sources, and .map files are scenario maps.
Terrain mask sources? But aren't .exe files exactly what you're supposed to get from sources? I think I'm confused now. :o :augh: :!:
If so zookeeper no less than I. ShadowMaster, in 1.4 I had two senarios that used terrain masks which replaced the entire map rather than just one section. Infact, in one of them I had 5 diffrent maps for diffrent water levels, which could rise or fall. All these maps were given the .map suffix, and it worked just fine.

It seems that there is a problem with doing this in 1.5 but I don't know what the problem is or what I should be doing about it.