Weakening attack?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Flametrooper

Weakening attack?

Post by Flametrooper »

Is it possible to make, in WML, an attack special that when an enemy unit gets hit by this attack, its strength on all meele attacks goes down by a certain number? Basically like Slow, but effecting strength.
hey.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It is possible to use WML events to achieve this effect in a particular scenario. It is not possible to implement this within a unit type.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Okay, that isn't what I was hoping for, but its better than nothing...hello extreme tediousness. :roll:
hey.
toms

Post by toms »

I think you could make it for the whole campaign at once. :?:

Code: Select all

#campaign infos...

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_SOMETHING
[event]
name=attack
first_time_only=no
 [filter_second]
 type=blocker
 [/filter_second]
 [object]
  [filter]
   [not]
   description=unit
   [/not]
  [effect]
  apply_to=attack
  range=long,short
  increase=-1
  [/effect]
 [/object]
[/event]
#don´t know how to switch back...:(
#endif
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

No, you could not. [event] must be inside [scenario]. Please, toms, learn more WML before speaking authoritatively on it. :roll:

Although this is not currently possible, it is rumored that it will be possible in 1.1.3. See this feature request for more info.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
toms

Post by toms »

turin wrote:No, you could not. [event] must be inside [scenario]. Please, toms, learn more WML before speaking authoritatively on it. :roll:
It is never explained anywhere, AKAIK. I just thought that things in the #ifdef are true as long as you play the campaign and it would be automatically inserted. It seems to be not true and would have to be defined and inserted into every scenario as a macro.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!