Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Post by Disto »

turin wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote: In that case, you must not be using all the graphics!
Which graphics aren't showing up, then?

PS: Who released Classical Era Fixed on the server? Can they delete it?
I kinda did but then lost the passphase, i've asked frame but he seemed to have started to ignore me.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote: Which graphics aren't showing up, then?
If I'm not mistaken, those files have no support for multidirectional attack images.
It's only the revised ones you gave me that are like that, the original ones were fine...

In any case, I don't have time to fix it now, I'll probably do so after school.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

turin wrote:It's only the revised ones you gave me that are like that, the original ones were fine...
Well, that's what I was (trying to be) saying. So we're good.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:It's only the revised ones you gave me that are like that, the original ones were fine...
Well, that's what I was (trying to be) saying. So we're good.
OK. Well, do you have the original files that had the correct animations? I don't, but I really don't want to go through the files and redo it. I don't even know how they're supposed to be done.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

I have all of them from Shadow if thats what you want. They're here
Creator of the Marauders
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »

I have played two games with Disto today and we both came to some conclusions about balancing:

- The Aragwaiths are overpowered. Increasing the cost of the Spearman by one or two gold would already help a lot, but even then they might still be a bit too powerful.

- The Marauder Scout could get one more movement, or (some of) the other Marauders one less. This for making the Scout more attractive. For comparisson: the warrior only costs 1 more gold and has only one less movement, but it does quite a bit more damage (6-4 vs 6-3).

- Personally I think the Lavinian Auxiliary costs a little too much for a unit with only one 4-3 melee attack. Yes, it is a level 0 unit and thus does not give the opponent much xp, but that means it also has no ZOC. I think it would be better if the cost would be reduced by one or two gold.

But overall I think the Imperial Era is really great and would like to thank everybody who has worked / is working on it! And I heard from Disto that there might be plans to adding more factions to it? I can't wait :-)
Disto

Post by Disto »

Can we have a release before soon, maybe after i've done the scout's death animations, because today so we could play with the aragwaith's i had to upload a new copy to the server, in which i had changed the foot types name to aragwaith with still didn't mean the swordsman worked as it wait originally correct. :roll:

As Hieronymus said we both came to the same conclusions about the factions. So that needs to be sorted, i was thinking putting the warriors speed down by 1 maybe, or giving the scout a special foottype and change the warriors....

And i suggested the Auxillary should be at 12 gold a time rather then anything more expensive.
Creator of the Marauders
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I can release today, if you want, but first I have to fix the aragwaith image thing and commit your new animations.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Wait till tomorrow, then i will have done some more animations, hopefully even got all the defence frames done as well as the death ones.
Creator of the Marauders
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Hieronymus wrote:I have played two games with Disto today and we both came to some conclusions about balancing:
Is this before or after my changes? The Spearman now has 32 hitpoints (was 36) and costs 16 gold (was 15).
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I'm uploading a new version that hopefully has the correct images; however, I haven't tested it...
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

Hieronymus wrote:
- Personally I think the Lavinian Auxiliary costs a little too much for a unit with only one 4-3 melee attack. Yes, it is a level 0 unit and thus does not give the opponent much xp, but that means it also has no ZOC. I think it would be better if the cost would be reduced by one or two gold.
)
yes, but it compensates by leveing up into units that have stats resembeling those of a lvl2.

anyone want to play a mp game with me tommorow using htis faction?

(im -5 hours gmt so it would need ot be 17:00 gmt or later or I might be asleep since I go to bed late.)

about the ranged attacvks for the lavinians being animated, you could just show the soldier holding the pillia in one hand over his shoulder, and then have his arm extended fully, and the pillia flying off. just doing those two, and not showing the arm moving should make it easier.

Ive noticed that the lavinians are hoorible agianst ghosts, but balanced against skelotons.
when fighting orcs, it seems fairly balanced.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Disto

Post by Disto »

Well i'm around now, and its half 2, so i suppose if i take my dogs in a hour i'll be back in time to play you unsung.
Creator of the Marauders
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Urgh, it hasn't let me upload 0.5. It keeps giving me a "connection timed out" error. :evil:

Does anyone know why this is?
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

I get that but it still uploads it. Make sure it has a different .pbl version as it's definetly got bigger since yesterday.
Creator of the Marauders