Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.27

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
MattDakka
Posts: 145
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 1:45 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by MattDakka »

I played some games with friends of mine in these days.
:-)
I never gave up playing it, I humbly think just one Ageless should exist, because having 2 huge eras to update is a bit annoying.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.

User avatar
RenoOfTurks
Posts: 215
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Infact...basically my ideal era is a huge faction collection,exactly like the ageless...
Change the name and pubblic an era with the same ageless caracteristic for me is like steal :S anyway....if i havn't the permission to do updates for it(unofficially)i stop to pubblic that's updates....but...pubblic that's updates with a different nam...:S...is not correct

User avatar
MattDakka
Posts: 145
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 1:45 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by MattDakka »

I agree with Reno.
I have difficulty to find some people online playing the latest version (the one posted by Reno) so, if we want to spread this amazing Era, it has to be one and updated regularly, thus avoiding OSS from people joining a game without latest version.
Actually is not clear for all people which is the latest version, because they look for updates in Add ons' server and not in this forum.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.

User avatar
bumbadadabum
Developer
Posts: 1005
Joined: March 20th, 2008, 5:54 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by bumbadadabum »

I was playing the Ageless Era and I saw you aren't using the newer Aragwaith Strongbow sprite.
Maybe you could put it in.

Artifis
Posts: 9
Joined: November 27th, 2009, 10:19 am

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by Artifis »

Game crashes, after "Priam" gets an level up.
Also, "Priam" doesnt have a race. It should be a "Primeval" race.

Tigertown84
Posts: 16
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 5:02 am
Location: Palatine, Illinois

Re: Ageless Era - Making other eras disappear on MP server!

Post by Tigertown84 »

I am running Wesnoth 1.6.5 on Windows XP and this is the 2nd time this has happened....after installing the Ageless Era, most of my other eras became no longer visible or selectable on the pulldown menu when setting up a MP game on the official server. Yet if exit out of the MP server and I go to my list of add ons the other eras such as War of Chaos, Era of Myths, etc. ARE THERE.

So I tried uninstalling the Ageless Era(which was supposedly successful), but then I was left with only two era options when trying to create a MP game on the official server....AgeofHeroes and Default.

As stated above, this happened before after loading the Ageless Era, and the only way from that point on I could get any of the MP mappacks, eras, or other add ons to show up in the MP server was to completely uninstall Wesnoth and reinstall it from scratch. This is very frustrating! It takes a long time to download add ons.

Even though I am a fan of many of the factions in this Era I won't be downloading it anymore if it makes my other eras 'disappear'. Anyone else seen this?
Wife: "So how late were you up LAST night playing that stupid game you're addicted to?"
Me: "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....."

User avatar
Huston
Posts: 1070
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Location: Somewhere in this World(I Think)

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by Huston »

there can be compatibility issues between ageless and other eras.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future

User avatar
mnewton1
Posts: 777
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 4:31 am
Location: On my pretty teal horsey.
Contact:

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by mnewton1 »

Testing... Testing... 1... 2... 3...

I'm back!!!

I have been busy over the last few days adding new factions cleaning things up a bit and just playing around. Sometime in the next 48 hours I will update Ageless Era with a total of 5 new faction!!! I will have also changed the ids of all 5 of those factions and the Welkins. I will answer the thread post in a few hours.


The factions will consist of the following:
Spoiler:
EDIT: I will be adding the South-Seas factions and the Phantoms factions when they are completed. They will note be in the next update.
Last edited by mnewton1 on December 6th, 2009, 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!

User avatar
Huston
Posts: 1070
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Location: Somewhere in this World(I Think)

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by Huston »

be sure to update your abilities file, special notes file and the era file with the new info from era of the future. otherwise a bunch of the Brungar will have broken abilities
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future

User avatar
wesfreak
Posts: 1020
Joined: October 28th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Location: in a land far far away

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by wesfreak »

please, stop trying to add factions until most or all existing factions are balanced! the celestials, the primeval, the yokai, the welkin and the high elves are all unbalanced to name a few off the top of my head. (the welkin are fixed in eof, they just need to be updated. You should probably make sure you have one of the most recent versions of the brungar, because i cleaned it up quite a bit recently)

also, era of magic recently had alot of changes done for balance purposes. you should probably update all the factions from that era.

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by doofus-01 »

The South-Seas and Phantom factions are still very much WIP. It might be best to hold off on including those, you'll have a better starting-off point when they are a little further along.

That's just my two cents.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

User avatar
Huston
Posts: 1070
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Location: Somewhere in this World(I Think)

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by Huston »

wesfreak wrote:please, stop trying to add factions until most or all existing factions are balanced! the celestials, the primeval, the yokai, the welkin and the high elves are all unbalanced to name a few off the top of my head. (the welkin are fixed in eof, they just need to be updated. You should probably make sure you have one of the most recent versions of the brungar, because i cleaned it up quite a bit recently)

also, era of magic recently had alot of changes done for balance purposes. you should probably update all the factions from that era.
wesfreak the version on the add=on server is the most recent. :roll:
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future

User avatar
mnewton1
Posts: 777
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 4:31 am
Location: On my pretty teal horsey.
Contact:

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by mnewton1 »

Huston wrote:be sure to update your abilities file, special notes file and the era file with the new info from era of the future. otherwise a bunch of the Brungar will have broken abilities
I did. Brungar was the hardest of the five to add because I simple forgot I had to fix the abilities and special notes :(
In my next release there will be no issues between Ageless Era and OftF :D
Artifis wrote:Game crashes, after "Priam" gets an level up.
Also, "Priam" doesnt have a race. It should be a "Primeval" race.
Fixed
doofus-01 wrote:The South-Seas and Phantom factions are still very much WIP. It might be best to hold off on including those, you'll have a better starting-off point when they are a little further along.

That's just my two cents.
Two cents noted and agreed with. I will remove the two until they are completed. What time do you think that will be?
wesfreak wrote:please, stop trying to add factions until most or all existing factions are balanced! the celestials, the primeval, the yokai, the welkin and the high elves are all unbalanced to name a few off the top of my head. (the welkin are fixed in eof, they just need to be updated. You should probably make sure you have one of the most recent versions of the brungar, because i cleaned it up quite a bit recently)

also, era of magic recently had alot of changes done for balance purposes. you should probably update all the factions from that era.
Unless doofus-01 makes another awesome faction this is what I will be doing. I will add the MAGIC updates and release. After that I will start balancing for the most played and most imbalanced factions and work my way to the most balanced. Oh, and I did use the most current version. Unless another units or ability is added I should not need to update.
Tigertown84 wrote:I am running Wesnoth 1.6.5 on Windows XP and this is the 2nd time this has happened....after installing the Ageless Era, most of my other eras became no longer visible or selectable on the pulldown menu when setting up a MP game on the official server. Yet if exit out of the MP server and I go to my list of add ons the other eras such as War of Chaos, Era of Myths, etc. ARE THERE.

So I tried uninstalling the Ageless Era(which was supposedly successful), but then I was left with only two era options when trying to create a MP game on the official server....AgeofHeroes and Default.

As stated above, this happened before after loading the Ageless Era, and the only way from that point on I could get any of the MP mappacks, eras, or other add ons to show up in the MP server was to completely uninstall Wesnoth and reinstall it from scratch. This is very frustrating! It takes a long time to download add ons.

Even though I am a fan of many of the factions in this Era I won't be downloading it anymore if it makes my other eras 'disappear'. Anyone else seen this?
I am really sorry. I am not sure what could cause that. If Ageless Era is uninstalled then everything should be fixed because it does not/cannot alter the base code of the game what so ever. Sorry!!
LightFighter wrote:I was playing the Ageless Era and I saw you aren't using the newer Aragwaith Strongbow sprite.
Maybe you could put it in.
Sure I will do that. Just tell me were to find it :P

Well that pretty much covers it.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!

DerTod
Posts: 24
Joined: January 5th, 2008, 9:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by DerTod »

the image of the Welkin Astral Ranger is missing

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by doofus-01 »

mnewton1 wrote:I will remove the two until they are completed. What time do you think that will be?
It's difficult to know exactly, but soon. Let's say two weeks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

Post Reply