Vampires

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

Okay, the .cfgs are written, but I haven't added the images or written the faction.cfgs yet. Hopefully tonight I'll polish them up. As soon as you can knock out some more .pngs (specifically an archer and a Bloodborn one) I can release Alpha 5 with the Vamps included.

Then all that needs to be done is the Celestials and Aberrations and the era is in place. :)

(then true balancing begins)
Jester

Post by Jester »

The .png I made named Vamp_Duellist.png is IMO better for the Fledgeling, it just doesn't look lvl2 enough to me, I'll make a new version of the Duellist (and possibly the Sword Dancer).
So if you could please change that JW :)
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
JW

Post by JW »

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the Vampires were created. I think this race needs such an explanation as they are only semi-mortal (from what I understand).

Could you perhaps elaborate on some of the ideas you had for the story of the Vampires, Jester? I'm at a loss for orignal ideas right now I have to admit.
JW

Post by JW »

JW wrote:I'm having a hard time figuring out how the Vampires were created. I think this race needs such an explanation as they are only semi-mortal (from what I understand).

Could you perhaps elaborate on some of the ideas you had for the story of the Vampires, Jester? I'm at a loss for orignal ideas right now I have to admit.
HAHAHAHA THIS IS SO WRONG!!!! XD
[/caps]

But seriously, the secret is awesome. We need to get these dang campaigns created sometime to share the awesomeness with everyone.

ps, adding the Vamps today or I'm getting an historical flaming by the entire Wesnoth community. Bet on it.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Cool, great etc. :D
sorrry, bit of a rush right now, ass I have been the last week, I'll post something usefull somewhere in the next days
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
JW

Post by JW »

JW wrote:ps, adding the Vamps today or I'm getting an historical flaming by the entire Wesnoth community. Bet on it.
lol, I'm glad I got those guys in. ;)

Does anyone have comments on how they play?
JW

Post by JW »

Yet another revival.

I'm trying to figure out how I can make these guys poisonable, but undrainable. Is there a way I can do this? Or are they tied together into "not_living=yes"? I really want to split these 2....
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

You avatar needs updating, JW.
ImageImageImage
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

JW wrote:Yet another revival.

I'm trying to figure out how I can make these guys poisonable, but undrainable. Is there a way I can do this? Or are they tied together into "not_living=yes"?
I can't see how, but you could possibly do it the other way round (drain, but no poison - which seems to me to make more sense. I suppose it depends on what your concept of a vampire is)
Try making a custom race, Vampire, which is NOT defined as not_living=yes, and gets one trait. Then set the traits so that the only one they can is Undead - this MIGHT make them immune to poison, but still drainable.

Now I think about it, try it in reverse - give them not_living=yes, but NOT the Undead trait. I doubt this will work, but it might (I'm not sure, since I've never tried to poison a boat!)
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

I have to say, the red hair on the vampires...well...it makes me wince.

Black hair anyone?
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Aye... These guys needed some TC and bling too. :D
Attachments
noble-3.png
noble-3.png (2.68 KiB) Viewed 4714 times
noble-2.png
noble-2.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
noble-1.png
noble-1.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Noble-3 sword looks a bit to bent for my liking.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

The black hair is definitely an improvement. I think I like the new armor too, but I'll look at them more closely when I get the net fixed on my main comp (with all my stuff on it).
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

I had an idea for the bats, instead of just normal bat, make it a SWARM of bats!

Because when I think of vampires, I think of them being followed by swarms of bats, not 1 or 2 big ones.

What do you guys think?

( I'm new btw! ^_^ )
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

That's a rather good idea, especially with neorice's new dungeon units, it is possible. I'm all for it.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm