Aethaeryn's Maps (0.5 Branch for Wesnoth 1.7.8)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aethaeryn
Translator

Aethaeryn's Maps (0.5 Branch for Wesnoth 1.7.8)

Post by Aethaeryn »

This is for Aethaeryn's Maps 0.5 for late 1.7 and 1.8. The thread for older versions on Wesnoth 1.3/1.4 is here. No thread was kept for Aethaeryn's Maps 0.4 on Wesnoth 1.6.

Aethaeryn's Maps 0.5
A collection of various multiplayer maps that I have worked on over the years and will continue to work on, Aethaeryn's Maps is my flagship add-on. Aethaeryn's Maps is a variety pack of many different kinds of maps whose only common denominator is that I made them. The maps range from a traditional 1v1 (Twin Rivers) to a survival (Fortress Defense) to Free For Alls of all sorts (Chambers, Four Bases, Aethaeryn's Empires, Random Rumble). My specialty, however, is uneven team maps. I have a 2v1 (Hide and Seek), a 3v1 (Fortress Assault), and a 3v2 (Dwarven Fortress). I also have more map ideas planned to be phased in over the course of Wesnoth 1.8. Altogether, Aethaeryn's Maps version 0.5 is the best version of my multiplayer variety pack so far.

The [wiki]Aethaeryn's Maps[/wiki] wiki page contains individual map descriptions. Screenshots will be added soon.

Three Ways to Download
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
itota

Re: Aethaeryn's Maps (0.5 Branch for Wesnoth 1.7.8)

Post by itota »

hi Aethaeryn.

i like ur fortress defence.
please consider implementing spawning enemy notice function in the scenario.
below is the detail of what i am requesting.
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30618
Jachi

Post by Jachi »

I know I can't demand anything, you are probably busy... But I would love to see you update these maps. They are my favorite maps that include recruiting, keep up the good work.
Blame me and get flamed!
(Not really...)
nelson

Post by nelson »

Please update these maps for 1.10! Fortress Assault is hands down my favorite scenario for Wesnoth :)
nelson

Post by nelson »

Since there was no response to my request to update this add-on, I took the liberty of rescuing my favorite map, Fortress Assault, myself. Attached is a version of the add-on that has been updated so that Fortress Assault works in Wesnoth 1.10.x. None of the other maps work because I don't care about the other maps.

If someone wants to finish the job for the other maps, be my guest :)
Attachments
Aethaeryns_Maps - updated Fortress Assault.zip
Fixed so that Fortress Assault works in Wesnoth 1.10, but none of the other maps work.
(88.51 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
Unaltor

Post by Unaltor »

Hey man. I know you are probably busy, and you may not even check this stuff anymore. But could you please update this for 1.10. Chambers is my all time favorite map.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I've ported this as 0.7.0 to 1.14/16.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Well, that's unfortunate timing. I've been updating this for 1.16 as of late June.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Aethaeryn wrote: July 20th, 2022, 2:25 am Well, that's unfortunate timing. I've been updating this for 1.16 as of late June.
I am certain Atreides here would willingly give you the PBL file of the addon to make your updates for it, given you are the author of the addon and all.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 20th, 2022, 11:35 am
Aethaeryn wrote: July 20th, 2022, 2:25 am Well, that's unfortunate timing. I've been updating this for 1.16 as of late June.
I am certain Atreides here would willingly give you the PBL file of the addon to make your updates for it, given you are the author of the addon and all.
Of course. I altered no content but did modernize a little WML. I also added no shuffle to some sides that needed it. I was not able to figure out the Bob's RPG stuff though so I disabled it.

p.s. Ooops almost forgot, let me know Aeth if you want the PBL file as LK says, I'll send it right away.
p.p.s. The timing wasn't as bad as it appears actually. : ) I uploaded it half a year ago but forgot to post about it until now.
Last edited by Atreides on July 20th, 2022, 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Just for fun.

The scene: Dr. Frankenstein's underground laboratory.

Igor comes in dragging a corpse by its hair.
"I have a fresh corpse for you master!"
"Very well Igor. Put it... IGOR!"
"Master?"
"You insufferable dolt, that corpse is still moving! I've told you before, always make sure it is dead." The Doctor shakes his head and mutters to himself: "You just can't get good help anymore these days."
"Sorry Master."
There is a wet smashing sound.
"Is that better Master?"
"Igor! Ah well, what's done is done."