Random thread necromancy

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Moon1ight

Random thread necromancy

Post by Moon1ight »

Hi All. I just wanted to say that this Map is very great and interesting to play. But I can't find it anymore... I have no older version than 1.6.5 at the moment and would like to play it again. Can someone tell me which version is able to play it and where its still downloadable?
Or better, host it on the Addons-Server for the current version.

Edit: Oh, moved... Sry for posting into an ancient Thread(it was the only one who mentioned "Assassin in the Forest", but i'd still like the map... some1 can help me?
If the Map does not exist: maybe some1 can remake it. here are basic information:
Elvish Pillager wrote:COOL! Now I can give backstab to the assassin in my scenario Assassin in the Forest. (Basically forest of fear map with AIs fighting, you control one unit, and you have to defeat all the leaders.)

This one Figure has Nightstalk and Ambuch, poisonous Throwing-daggers and Prescission for his melee attack(I meant when you always get 60% cth when attacking)

Thanks in Advance,
Moon1ight
Last edited by Moon1ight on September 18th, 2009, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caphriel

Re: Ally backstab in MP game!!!!

Post by Caphriel »

...You just revived a TWO YEAR OLD thread to ask about something that was a tangent to the original topic anyway.

I'd put a thread necromancer image here, but I don't have any on this computer :roll:
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ally backstab in MP game!!!!

Post by Ken_Oh »

He should have just PMed EP, but I went ahead and PMed him myself, since I actually would like to play the scenario he's talking about.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Random thread necromancy

Post by zookeeper »

:augh:

Split from that four years old thread.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Eh, here's the scenario the poster was referencing:
Elvish Pillager wrote:COOL! Now I can give backstab to the assassin in my scenario Assassin in the Forest. (Basically forest of fear map with AIs fighting, you control one unit, and you have to defeat all the leaders.)
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

zookeeper wrote::augh:

Split from that four years old thread.
Holy cow I failed subtraction. :oops:
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

I PMed EP 10 days ago about this and he hasn't even opened the PM.

So, I took this morning to do a quick remake of what I think he made (never played the original). I beefed up the assassin a bunch and gave him a bunch of extra abilities:
-conceals
-nightstalk
-sneak (use no more than half of max moves to stay hidden)
-slash&dash (can use remaining moves after attacking with melee, each hit with melee adds 1 move)
-remaining ammo (if you kill your opponent with your throwing daggers, any strikes left can be used and you can attack again).

I also gave the Assassin the normal AMLA but with 30 max exp to start with.

I reduced the number of villages on the map to 10.

I wrote myself into the scenario, as Ken Oh is a ninja.

It's on the add-ons server as Assassin in the Forest.