After the Storm 0.10.5 [Wesnoth 1.14]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Eric143

Re: After the Storm 0.10.5 [Wesnoth 1.14]

Post by Eric143 »

Thank you for the updates! I'll try to test it out someday and send feedback. Can't promise anything, though, as I have other games and stuff to do.
People always say E3 is weird but they've never thought to ask E3 if it's okay. Maybe you should have a talk with E3 near the ocean.
If you are confused you might want to keep in mind that you need to complete an episode in order for its outcome to count. A half-baked cake is no cake at all. The question is, am I cake? It is a mystery.
The cake is a lie.

Edit: I managed to get some time to test E2 for the Ghost limitation. I find it really good - in normal difficulty, 6 Ghosts are good enough (4 Wraiths/Spectres, 2 Shadow/Nightgaunt). Don't know what I could do with only 4 on hard, though I think it won't be too troublesome (3 Spectres/Wraiths, 1 Shadow/Nightgaunt seems enough - I always favored the Forest Spirits over Ghosts for outside scenarios).

Edit bis: I did E2 in Normal and Hard. No bugs to report. Ghost limitation is fine in both modes. I used 3 Spectres & 1 NIghtgaunt in Hard, my other units were 4 Forest Spirits, 3 Dryads, 2 level-up Thugs, 2 leveled-up Footpads. My Skeletons did gain some levels... but all ended up destroyed soon after or in next scenarios. It's okay has taking losses is part of the game and I prefer losing a level 2 Skeleton than a level 3 Forest Spirit/Spectres/Ghost.

All scenarios are balanced, even if Eastern Front (where we encounter Elves for the first time) was the hardest to me in Hard (I lost all the level 1 Skeletons I recruited to fight/delay the blue and green elves while my Forest Spirits/Dryads took down all the purple ones - I was hoping that a Skeleton or two might survive and/or gain a level... but too few units to screen the wounded ones lead to no Skeletons alive...).
Spoiler:
So, thank you for your very cool campaign! Don't know if I will have time to try E3, though.
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.

irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I just finished AtS on Wesnoth 1.14, and I'd just like to say thank you for everything you did to improve this campaign since version 1.12. While I'm at it, thank you for writing this amazing trilogy, and the equally amazing IftU trilogy; these five campaigns are among the best I've ever played. I can't wait to see where the story (and Anya) go from here!
Spoiler:
Last edited by Konrad2 on August 2nd, 2020, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tags.

SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

I always thought it funny how Tirigaz basically survived the end of the world and is still in orc control in After the Storm >w<

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

About the recent additions: I don't want to spoil the full thing so I'll just drop a marginally less oblique hint.
Spoiler:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm (now available for Wesnoth 1.14).

Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I finished E3 in Normal.
Iris wrote:
Spoiler:
Concerning this:
Spoiler:
Some feedback:
Spoiler:
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Eric143 wrote:
Yesterday, 8:28 am
E3S7: I was never able to defeat the enemy leaders that appear after turn 10.
Nobody's ever reported being able to do it through legitimate means, and I don't think it's doable. It's not intended to be doable in the first place, anyway. I feel like I should offer some kind of especially unique reward for people who somehow manage to do it... or a reprimand, because I'm pretty sure the logistics of the operation don't add up no matter how much the RNG decides to roll in your favour, unless maybe you abused Anya, the guest party member for E3S6 onwards, and ██████ in some specific fashion I haven't thought of yet... or used mods, which is not something I recommend since they have a tendency to inject code that messes up scripted sequences really badly.
Eric143 wrote:
Yesterday, 8:28 am
As in E3S3 there is an Obsidian Axe, which can only be picked up by a Skeleton fighter, maybe change one loyal Skeleton Archer of Irylean for a loyal Skeleton fighter in E3S2?
Nah. 15 gold is a fair price to pay to be able to wield the axe. There's a small castle and keep available to recruit more units if necessary, and you'll probably have Elynia floating around somewhere nearby.
AtS E3 finale spoilers:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm (now available for Wesnoth 1.14).