Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Post Reply
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

I use this mod: Move units Between Campaigns made by Dugi, I would like to have a cost to use, as if it were to reincorporate a unit, is it possible?
I use this little, because it is somewhat unbalanced, but if it had a cost, it would be better.

Sorry for asking this here, out of context.
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

Pentarctagon I put the skill on Reign of the Lords, it remains for me to know what I do to make it work with a standard game unit...
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
beetlenaut
Developer
Posts: 2492
Joined: December 8th, 2007, 3:21 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by beetlenaut »

Barbaros wrote: July 29th, 2020, 7:10 pm I use the Era Reign of the Lords, the additional classes work in the standard game, but the abilities and weapon specials don't work with the core units, and I don't know how to do it in an Era, to make them work.
If you put the abilities and weapon specials in a [modification] like I suggested before, they would work with all the units you use, and you would avoid many of these errors.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

The problem is that I get the error "Macro File is Missing" when I put the ability in an era, even though her class advances working in the single player, it is not the same for Weapon Specials or Abilities.
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

One thing that happened to me now, very annoying, man, I created a custom unit, and its sprites are out of alignment with the cell. I've created it before and it didn't give me this problem, and after a long time, I don't know how to align. In this case, it is very south and east of the cell.

I tried some things, but the bars of life were far away, in the end it sucks, someone help me!!!

kkkkkkkkkkkkk
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

It seems that nobody has ever had this problem, I found nothing researching...
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
beetlenaut
Developer
Posts: 2492
Joined: December 8th, 2007, 3:21 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by beetlenaut »

Barbaros wrote: July 30th, 2020, 8:17 pm The problem is that I get the error "Macro File is Missing" when I put the ability in an era
If this era or ability is in your core folders, I can't help you with it any more. We have already told you the solution several times.

If it is already in your add-ons folder, you should show us the whole error message and the code. (Usually, we want you to show the minimum amount of code that causes the problem, but in this case, you might have to zip up your whole add-on to get a correct response.)
Barbaros wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:05 pm I created a custom unit, and its sprites are out of alignment with the cell.
My first guess is that you are not using a 72x72 pixel image. If that's not the problem, you should post the .png file and the unit code so I don't have to keep guessing.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

beetlenaut wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:01 am
Barbaros wrote: July 30th, 2020, 8:17 pm The problem is that I get the error "Macro File is Missing" when I put the ability in an era
If this era or ability is in your core folders, I can't help you with it any more. We have already told you the solution several times.

If it is already in your add-ons folder, you should show us the whole error message and the code. (Usually, we want you to show the minimum amount of code that causes the problem, but in this case, you might have to zip up your whole add-on to get a correct response.)
Barbaros wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:05 pm I created a custom unit, and its sprites are out of alignment with the cell.
My first guess is that you are not using a 72x72 pixel image. If that's not the problem, you should post the .png file and the unit code so I don't have to keep guessing.
Thanks for helping me so far, I left the habilities and weapon specials for another time. I was stressed for not working kkkkkkk.

Well, the unit is really big, but I have others larger than 72x72 pixels that work normally, this is a Dragon Rider, quite large.
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

how do I post the compressed file of the unit here?
or should i post the images and codes?

good, and there are those who can align large units like the Skeltal Dragon...
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
beetlenaut
Developer
Posts: 2492
Joined: December 8th, 2007, 3:21 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by beetlenaut »

Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:35 am should i post the images and codes
Well, that is exactly what I said. You could also use the Attachments tab to add a zipped file. It's under the text box on the screen for editing your post.
Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:34 am I have others larger than 72x72 pixels that work normally
Then I recommend looking at the code to see what is different, and lining up the images in the same way. There is also this in unit_type that might be helpful:
the wiki wrote:bar_offset_x, bar_offset_y: The offset of the hp and xp bars from the normal bar position of 72x72 unit sprite.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

beetlenaut wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:52 am
Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:35 am should i post the images and codes
Well, that is exactly what I said. You could also use the Attachments tab to add a zipped file. It's under the text box on the screen for editing your post.
Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:34 am I have others larger than 72x72 pixels that work normally
Then I recommend looking at the code to see what is different, and lining up the images in the same way. There is also this in unit_type that might be helpful:
the wiki wrote:bar_offset_x, bar_offset_y: The offset of the hp and xp bars from the normal bar position of 72x72 unit sprite.
Attachments
Dragon Rider.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 1:43 am
beetlenaut wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:52 am
Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:35 am should i post the images and codes
Well, that is exactly what I said. You could also use the Attachments tab to add a zipped file. It's under the text box on the screen for editing your post.
Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 12:34 am I have others larger than 72x72 pixels that work normally
Then I recommend looking at the code to see what is different, and lining up the images in the same way. There is also this in unit_type that might be helpful:
the wiki wrote:bar_offset_x, bar_offset_y: The offset of the hp and xp bars from the normal bar position of 72x72 unit sprite.
I hadn’t seen the attachments tab on the screen, how stupid kkkkkkk
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

I would like to know how to make a unit follow different class advances, for men and women.
It's important for something... :eng:
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
User avatar
beetlenaut
Developer
Posts: 2492
Joined: December 8th, 2007, 3:21 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by beetlenaut »

Barbaros wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:05 pm I created a custom unit, and its sprites are out of alignment with the cell.
No they aren't. The center if the sprite is exactly on the center of the hex as it should be. Maybe you want the sprite not to align so the unit's feet are in the ellipse. If you want that, put the feet in the center of the sprite by adding blank regions around the figure:
Dragon Rider.png
Dragon Rider.png (21.23 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Barbaros wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 2:01 am I would like to know how to make a unit follow different class advances, for men and women.
That sounds like you need two different units. However, if you really want the player not to choose the advancement path they will get, you can put [female] into a unit to override the base unit values. Usually only the animation and portrait are changed, but I assume you can also change advances_to. (There is also [male] if the unit gender is already set to female.)

Please stop using the forum like Twitter. I received email notifications from this thread at 5:34, 5:35, 6:43, 6:45, 6:56, and 7:01 (in my time zone). It's distracting and fills up my mail inbox. I will stop following the thread if it continues that way. I asked nicely twice already, and now I am annoyed about it.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
User avatar
Barbaros
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Re: Help for New Abilities and Weapon Specials

Post by Barbaros »

Forgive me for that, I will organize and gather whatever you want to ask, in advance next time.
If from 15 to 30 years old, you have not been successful in life, you are already doomed.
Post Reply