Legend of Wesmere Map 3

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Zombimode

Legend of Wesmere Map 3

Post by Zombimode »

This is using Win OS dev release 1.11.13, configured language is german.

The third map of the Legend of Wesmere campaign (single player, if that makes a difference) "Ka'lian Under Attack" is in an almost unplayable state. The placement of units and labels is "out-of-sync" with the actual map.

I've attached a screenshot and a save file.

(On an unrelated note: the there are some mix-up the the localization. During the Rise of Wesnoth and An Orcish Incursion campaigns I noticed that some text messages were displayed in english instead of in german. Sadly I failed to take notes. In any case that issue came up quite often in the Rise of Wesnoth campaign to a point it hampered my immersion. I don't know if any other campaigns suffer from this.)
Attachments
DLVW-Der_Angriff_auf_den_Ka'lian.gz
(8.37 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
KalianBug.JPG
iceiceice

Re: Legend of Wesmere Map 3

Post by iceiceice »

Are you sure that's not the correct state? I was testing this earlier to debug campaign transition mechanisms.... there is a much worse bug than this that affects only 1.13.0. In that version all the elves start in the river (!).

The 1.11 version isn't so bad, you just march back and take your keep back, and you get reinforcemets fairly soon. It's far from uplayable IMO. Perhaps unintended? I really wasn't sure.

Anyways there is at least one report related to this already: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?22073
Spoiler:
Zombimode

Post by Zombimode »

iceiceice wrote:Are you sure that's not the correct state? I was testing this earlier to debug campaign transition mechanisms.... there is a much worse bug than this that affects only 1.13.0. In that version all the elves start in the river (!).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Not only the fact that all your forces started in the keep in older version, as well as the context of the mission being "defend the keep", but also the fact that the pattern of the elves position would perfectly match the layout of the Ka'lian keep - if you would shift the position of every elf exactly 6 hexes to the south. Also, the hex field labels are for some reason omitted in my screenshot, but they also don't make sense. They would make sense if they were shifted, you guessed it, exactly 6 hexes to the south.
The 1.11 version isn't so bad, you just march back and take your keep back, and you get reinforcemets fairly soon. It's far from uplayable IMO. Perhaps unintended? I really wasn't sure.
Maybe unplayable was a poor choice of words. It may be beatable but the mission obviously doesn't work as intended and as such is unplayable to me since I'm very sensitive to such matters.
Max

Post by Max »

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... d5a552004d

Code: Select all

LoW 7: Enlarged the map and adjusted starting positions.

data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/maps/Kalian.map
data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/masks/07_Elves_Last_Stand.mask
data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/scenarios/chapter2/07_Elves_Last_Stand.cfg 
looks like the map size was changed but not all scenarios were adapted accordingly...
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

IRC, yesterday wrote:11:32 < AI0867> fabi: in afef2497bbef10821a716 you adjusted scenario 7, but not scenario 3
11:32 < AI0867> fabi: see http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40508
11:33 < fabi> AI0867: Thank you :-)
11:34 < AI0867> though it would seem that some labels would fall off the map if lowered by 6 hexes
11:44 < fabi> yeah, but that is no problem.
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

At scenary 7 Elves' Last Stand placement labels is "out-of-sync" with the actual map too.

Wesnoth 1.11.15

I saw it translating campaign.

Thanks for help.

Pepe.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Pepe wrote:At scenary 7 Elves' Last Stand placement labels is "out-of-sync" with the actual map too.

Wesnoth 1.11.15

I saw it translating campaign.

Thanks for help.

Pepe.

Thanks for the report Pepe, this is a known bug and is being worked.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
vicente

Post by vicente »

There are 47 villages on the new map, so the player would get about 40 gold per round in the first a few turns. In my hands it is too easy to beat the AI even in HARD. Maybe the starting gold should be reduced.