Crin of Crenlyn

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rmj

Crin of Crenlyn

Post by rmj »

Since I have a dial-up connection, I have been unable to upload my campaign to the server, so I am putting it here as attachments:

Edit: these attachments changed 1/21/12
Edit: Crin_of_Crenlyn.zip modified 1/31/12

The main folder with subfolders (except images folder):

The images folder which goes in the main folder
Crin_of_Crenlyn.zip
(376.6 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
images.zip
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
This campaign is complete in 23 scenarios made on version 1.9.8. The artwork is mostly slight modifications of mainline portraits and units. Balanced only on normal; I have not tried easy or difficult.

The story concerns a young peasant during the reign of Queen Asheviere fated to become a mage, if he can survive the pursuit of a sorcerer.

Comments are welcome.
Last edited by rmj on February 1st, 2012, 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
rmj
Neuromancer

Re: Crin of Crenlyn

Post by Neuromancer »

Here is completed zip, took awhile to scrape it together.
btw, delero.
Attachments
Crin_of_Crenlyn.zip
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I got a error message at the start of scenario 06 "Prison at Tahn".

The Lancer-prisoner is not defined.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
rmj

Post by rmj »

Thanks. I always advanced my horsemen to knights so I did not notice this mistake.

I have corrected the error and edited my original post to include changes I have made in the add-on.

However, I am pretty sure that if you download my newest version, you will have to start the campaign from the beginning because of other changes I have made to the code. Alternatively you could add:

[unit_type]
id=Lancer_pris
[base_unit]
id=1Swordsman_pris
[/base_unit]
name= _ "Lancer prisoner"
description= _ "Lancer imprisoned; needs sword or spear."
[/unit_type]

to the Prison_units.cfg in the units folder.

Or you could go back to the previous scenario and see that it does not end with you having a lancer.
rmj
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

wesnoth 1.10
i downloaded the add-on from the server and it doesnt load:
20120131 16:25:00 error config: Macro/file '~add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/maps/18_return_to_crenlyn.map' is missing at ~add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/scenarios/18_Return_to_Crenlyn.cfg:20 included from ~add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/_main.cfg:33
20120131 16:25:01 error config: error reading usermade add-on '/home/keb/.local/share/wesnoth/1.10/data/add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/_main.cfg'
20120131 16:25:01 error general: The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/keb/.local/share/wesnoth/1.10/data/add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/_main.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file '~add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/maps/18_return_to_crenlyn.map' is missing at ~add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/scenarios/18_Return_to_Crenlyn.cfg:20 included from ~add-ons/Crin_of_Crenlyn/_main.cfg:33

20120131 16:25:08 error general: Unknown scenario: '01_An_addled_lad'
i see the map name is misspelled in the scenario file it should be 18_return_to_Crenlyn.map (upper/lower case is significant for non-Windows users). doesnt WMLlint or some tool catch this sort of thing?

after getting the above error it seems the game removed the add-on from the list of compaigns available so i cannot fix the filename and just try again.
rmj

Post by rmj »

wesnoth 1.10
Curious, I never uploaded the campaign to the server. The files are in a zip file in the original post of this thread.

I will check the map name though.

Edit: the map name was indeed incorrect. I have changed it and changed the file in the original post.
rmj
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I downloaded those 2 from your first post, put all in addons folder in folder Crin_of_Crenlyn.
After choosing difficulty it shows
Spoiler:
rmj

Post by rmj »

Wot is code for deep tropical water. I have no idea why it should cause a problem. I'll look into it.
rmj
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Ravana wrote:I downloaded those 2 from your first post, put all in addons folder in folder Crin_of_Crenlyn.
After choosing difficulty it shows
Spoiler:
The particular message wording displayed there is only found in Wesnoth versions prior to 1.9.2. (In particular, I changed it in [rev]47081[/rev].)

So, I suspect you are trying to use this 1.9/1.10 add-on with Wesnoth 1.8, which of course won’t work.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

rmj wrote:
wesnoth 1.10
Curious, I never uploaded the campaign to the server. The files are in a zip file in the original post of this thread.

I will check the map name though.

Edit: the map name was indeed incorrect. I have changed it and changed the file in the original post.
okay i will not test more until current version is on server with your permission.
anuviel

Post by anuviel »

rmj wrote:
wesnoth 1.10

Hm, I downloaded from addon server, getting the same errors as described in prison scenario, I also cannot find anyone in the prison, IE. the objective, using 1.10.0

- Anuviel
rmj

Post by rmj »

Hm, I downloaded from addon server, getting the same errors as described in prison scenario, I also cannot find anyone in the prison, IE. the objective, using 1.10.0

I have not put my campaign on the server, although I do not object to it being there. The problem is that I cannot repair any errors in that download. I am maintaining the campaign in the files in the original post of this thread.

The campaign was created with 1.9.8. I do not know whether using that campaign on 1.10 will produce errors. I have just finished downloading 1.10, and will be testing (and modifying if necessary) it sometime soon.
rmj
anuviel

Post by anuviel »

Thank you. :D