1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (1.6 ONLY - NOT 1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SirTheta

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~30 scenarios) 0.8.6

Post by SirTheta »

doofus-01 wrote:The player is supposed to be able to build up some stash. I wouldn't have thought ~80g per skirmish was too much, but maybe it is.
Ah, okay, I see. It probably isn't a concern for the majority of players then, but I used the skirmishes to build up a bunch of Level 3s :)
doofus-01 wrote:Heads up that it is nowhere near as complete as the others. It will be a while before it catches up.
Hey, that's cool, I definitely appreciate all the work you've put into making a great set of campaigns :D
PeteVine

Post by PeteVine »

Hi,

In BMR2-rescue, beating the scenario quickly and efficiently (by occupying enemy's keep with the peasant and so on) causes the archer women never to appear. Still in the end you get the dialogue meant for Raenna as if she were present all the time. I'm attaching a replay.

Thanks
Attachments
BMR2-Rescue_replay.gz
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ugh. I thought I fixed the peasant thing. I can't view the replay, but I see the (expanded) FORCE_CHANCE_TO_HIT macros in there and they prevented the peasant from occupying the keep when I tested it. Whatever your strategy was, it was not something that occurred to me. In future versions, the peasant will just get killed in the start event.

Thanks.
PeteVine

Post by PeteVine »

doofus-01 wrote:Whatever your strategy was, it was not something that occurred to me. In future versions, the peasant will just get killed in the start event.

Thanks.
Well, the peasant got killed on turn 2 anyway but that still gives enough of time advantage to capture the keep with my leader. The rest is simple as you fight against half the resources.
Strangely the AI doesn't reoccupy the keep with its leader while it still can (it does with an ordinary unit instead). Maybe because one of my units was already on one of the castle tiles at the time.
Valyn

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (final release)

Post by Valyn »

In BR2, after the second senario when you rescue the women, you flee to the forest. If you get in a skirmish you return to the beginning (on the world map) and are then able to rescue the women a second time. Yet you already have them in your party making them appear twice giving you a second Raenna and a second hawkeye. Later on in the campaign (didnt notice when) one of the Raenna's disappears. They both behave totally independent of each other, lvling up individually and either of them will activate defeat if killed.

In BR3 I get an error after I beat the first senario and try to start the second. "Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type"
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'll look into it. Thanks.
---------------------
UPDATE
I'm not sure about 1.6 version, but a skirmish after Rescue does not send you back to the start to play Rescue again in the current version.
Valyn wrote:In BR3 I get an error after I beat the first senario and try to start the second. "Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type"
There was an error with a call for "Goblin Warrior" (or something like that) in the scenario when you reach the copper mine, but that has been fixed. Hopefully that's what you were referring to.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Valyn

Post by Valyn »

actually im fairly certain that the error I am having is the same that Webster52402 is mentioned in the other topic. I am using 1.7.10 So i realize that I posted this in the wrong section (sorry). But it seems to be the same thing.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

No problem. I'll try to make the topic title more clear.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
flatrat

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (1.6 ONLY - NOT 1.8)

Post by flatrat »

Hello doofus-01,

Every revision of Wesnoth I seem to come back and play BMR again. Not only do I appreciate the intricate story, but it is freaking hard! Which is cool.

This is version 1.6.5, which is up-to-date under Ubuntu 9.10-x86_64.

Anyway, I got stuck at the end of Trouble With Elves, the first scenario of Blad Moon Rising: Crossfire. I have attached my saved game file, which shows how I tried to satisfy the victory conditions.

I used debug mode to load the next level, so no problem for me to continue playing. I also have noted from some of the other posts in the forum that all fixes are going into v 1.7/1.8. However, it may just be a matter of my not understanding how to satisfy properly the victory conditions. Any clues from yourself or others appreciated.

Thanks for a great campaign!
Attachments
BMR3-Trouble_with_Elves_Turn_38-WhyNotVictory.gz
(65.28 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Duo-dimensionally yours,
flatrat
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

flatrat,

I do not have a working copy of BfW 1.6 anymore, so I can't see the replay (maybe someone else will look at it). But I do recall that the event triggering was not as well written as it could have been. If I remember correctly, the solution is to get the other three heroes to the north edge of the map (east-west does not matter) before Lorenzon, then move Lorenzon to the north edge. If you move him first, then move the others, you'll need to move him again.

If that doesn't do it, but you were able to debug to the next scenario, I wouldn't worry about it. The conditions were buggy and you'll only be missing some throw-away dialogue. Some scenarios set variables at the end, so skipping with debug can cause problems, but I don't think this is one of those scenarios.
flatrat

Post by flatrat »

doofus-01 wrote:flatrat,

If that doesn't do it, but you were able to debug to the next scenario, I wouldn't worry about it. The conditions were buggy and you'll only be missing some throw-away dialogue. Some scenarios set variables at the end, so skipping with debug can cause problems, but I don't think this is one of those scenarios.
Cool. Thanks for the update!
Duo-dimensionally yours,
flatrat