Campaign: Winds of Foerroen

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SaintCredence

Campaign: Winds of Foerroen

Post by SaintCredence »

Hi, everyone :) I created a new campaign called "Winds of Foerroen". It takes place in Wesnoth pre-history, during the period of Elves and Dwarves. It's only 3 scenarios, but they are each fairly epic.

Anyway, I would love some feedback, if anyone is interested.
Exchelsia

Re: Campaign: Winds of Foerroen

Post by Exchelsia »

I am currently playing the first scenario, on easy, because I suck, and I am not sure if you have balanced it for easy yet, but it is reaaaaly unbalanced. First of all, you can't rely on AI allies at all, so you should switch the gold, and give you 500 gold and them 150 or w/e. Second of all, you're starting on too large a scale for the overall campaign, you need to start small and work to larger battles. And it's preposterous to think that you can win a battle on this scale in only 20 turns, when they, combined, have more gold than you, especially when you can't control your ally.
Exchelsia

Post by Exchelsia »

I managed to beat the first scenario, through sheer luck, though the out-of-the-blue appearance of multiple level 3's was not fun. I would suggest you read the scenario-how-to, by the author of The Hammer of Thursagan, which is stickied in this sub-forum.
SaintCredence

Post by SaintCredence »

Thanks for the response, Exchelsia.
nataS

Post by nataS »

Nice castle designs, fun play.
I liked the surprise at map two ;)
Currently at the start of the final map.
vicza

Post by vicza »

I agree with Exchelsia, it's quite unbalanced yet. And it's not "novice level", anyway.

Besides, don't you think giving the same color to both player's and allies forces is very bad idea?
SaintCredence

Post by SaintCredence »

Glad you had fun with it, nataS. :)

@vicza / Exchelsia

Have any suggestions on how to balance it? It's my first campaign, and I balanced it according to my ability. I know the campaign can be made better, and I am making my way through the different materials on the Wesnoth site, as I have time. Any specific suggestions would be a great aid.

Also, what level do you think would best suit it, if not Novice? I did intend for it to begin in the thick of things, and to be somewhat of a challenge, so Novice may not be the best level.