The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I deleted all prior attachments, because that took up space for not much.

Should I destroy this thread and create a new one by the way? Since the beginning the question as moved on to be a project and from 1.2 It has become 1.3...so it's quite a bit different? Mister moderator please answer.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

here is the complete Chaper 1 of The Griffoon Lads. 10 scenarios, plus Epilogue and conversation scenes.

I fixed the Ai a bit , making the first level much more playable. and the following more interesting.
A hint, there is not such a thing as overrecruiting. Specially when you get stuck when the tavern closes...

so this version...1...I guess.

It should work fine, Wesnoth doesn't detect anything wrong when I run it. i'm not a very good player, my girlfriend (who is twice the tactician I am) managed through a couple of scenarios.
So it should be ok.

Please tell me what you think.
the maps will probably need a bit of retouching at certain points but I can't quite tell right now.

I personnally think the story is interesting and that it's a strong point (auto congratulations , yes thank you), I hope you enjoy it.
Attachments
Griffoon_Lads10.tar
(723.34 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Generally the best way to get your campaign "out there" is to upload it to the campaign server.

Unless you particularly only want a handful of people (i.e. those following this thread) to try it out, in which case ignore the above. ;)
This signature intentionally left blank.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Yes I will but I do not wnat to put a non-working or unplayable, because too ridiculously hard campaign on the server.
Because it will just frustrate the player who'll download it and he might not know hwo use WML. You see what I mean?
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

gotrek860 wrote: So it should be ok.
Scenario 1 + 2 work fine, but the game crashes in "The Meeting" immedeately after the orc leader says call forward the warrior Jaghuar
the game scrolls on Jaghuar (I suppose as I didn't have time to see) and than BfW quits without further notice

you can try for yourself with the attached save game.

Gameplay wise scenario 2 seems a bit to easy right now. You might want to give the enemy leader the possibility to recruit poachers or fencers, or both.

Hope it helps
Attachments
The_Meeting.gz
(8.36 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
tsr

Post by tsr »

I really like the setting,

But I do wonder one thing: is it intentional that 'my' flags are invisible, so that I have to hover all villages to know whether they are mine? (I think it's intentional, otherwise I would just call out a bug report) I don't think it's really working, the only consequence is that it is annoying ;)

/tsr
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Yes, well I don't understand that bug, The red SOBE flags appear when I play it but on other pcs they don't seem to appear.

I decided not to worry about it too much. Since in a way it does balance out the enormous amount of villages on the maps.

Thanks for your feedback.
Last edited by gotrek860 on January 29th, 2008, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Scenario 1 + 2 work fine, but the game crashes in "The Meeting" immedeately after the orc leader says call forward the warrior Jaghuar
the game scrolls on Jaghuar (I suppose as I didn't have time to see) and than BfW quits without further notice

you can try for yourself with the attached save game.
Thank you, I looked and I don't understand it... when I run the scenario on its own the scene works fine, but as a part of your save it doesn't and a C++ error message comes up.
Gameplay wise scenario 2 seems a bit to easy right now. You might want to give the enemy leader the possibility to recruit poachers or fencers, or both.
Scenario 2 is meant to get a few level ups for when the next fight will come and in which you should be happy to have more powerfull units to recall.
But I might follow your advice for the Normal or Hard mode.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok looked at it and here is a save I made, playing on easy, sorry if you were laying on another setting.

I played it and there were no problems, maybe your save file had a bug. You should try playing the last turns of the previous scenario again.
Here is a save I did, if you want you can pick up from that save. It worked when I played it.
Attachments
The_Meeting.gz
(8.18 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Here is patch to the campaign it fixes, the non existent flag bug and lowers all the difficulties, thus making all easy scenarios finishable in one go...hopefully.To install it simply go to : userdata>campaigns>Griffoon_Lads>scenarios and replace the cfg files with these.

Thank you for reporting any other bugs or diffuclties you may encounter.
Attachments
patch.tar
(25.36 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

The campaign's first chapter is done. I'm fine tuning difficulty details. It should be a challenge on normal and easy on...well easy. So look in this space for a new version coming soon. and then on the server.
db0

Post by db0 »

Ah, so this is what happened to the original thread. I couldn't find the name :)

Is this for the latest BFW version or what btw?
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

It's for 1.3.14.

A bugless version will be downloadable here by tonight. (17pm here now....). I need to fix a couple of minor issues and adapt the diffuclty level. The Easy mode should be easy enough for a decent player to get through it in two attempts.Yet hard without being frustrating...
I'll fine tune the normal and hard later on...I'll need playtesters for that.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Here is the latest stable version of the campaign.
I haven't played it entirely yet, but it wrorks fine up to the scenario before last. the other scenarios should work as well but I haven't playtested them. I just run them for test.

Attachments
Griffoon_Lads2.tar
(796.77 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
db0

Post by db0 »

Is it on the campaign server as well?