Invasion from the Unknown (1.9.99) for Wesnoth 1.4

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Shadow Master wrote:Impossible. Has the same stats. Exactly the same stats, out of the added attack.
it tends to use the added attack instead of the slow attack -> dies horribly and damages just a bit more in the process. Before the slow saved them.

I guess I just need to get used to it.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

lu_zero wrote:it tends to use the added attack instead of the slow attack -> dies horribly and damages just a bit more in the process. Before the slow saved them.

I guess I just need to get used to it.
It tends? In your turn you can select which attack to use. Of course in the AI turn you can't. I might use attack_weight to fix this if it turns to be a real nuisance, but I actually intended players to attack, in their turn, first with a shaman's entangle attack, and then, with the ranged arcane; so that the enemy is still slowed down until after the AI has played its turn.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
biren

Post by biren »

I can't download the music pack. Is there another location to download from, or should I try again until I manage to?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

No alternate place, only the 1.3.x campaign server.

If you are suffering the "remote host disconnected" or suchlike error, you could try until it works from the game add-ons download client, or use the web interface to the campaign servers (1.3.x and 1.2.x) and try with your web browser or with wget (there's wget also for Windows, btw).
This is a direct link to the music pack download from the official web interface, which is taking indefinite time for me to start, possibly because of the file size (~11 MB). I'll upload it to my own web hosting if the problem continues.

Note: the download for the regular campaign package (not musicpack) works fine here.

In any case, by not having this installed, you are not really missing much music unless you are playing scenarios 7, 10, 12 or 13. And nevertheless, the campaign will work (altho with no background music in those scenarios) without the music pack. I am planning to write a WML to fallback to mainline music too, in case the musicpack is not present.

BTW, the music used in scenario 12 is in NR, legends_of_the_north.ogg. If you are using the latest SVN trunk snapshot, you don't need the music pack to have music in that scenario, or if you move the file from NR's data dir to the core data dir or this campaign's, always in /music.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Exported to Wescamp.

Now I just have to finish writing scenario 14 before publishing 0.2.2. :)
(I actually finished with it last night at 1:00 AM, but it still requires some more polishing).
Deliverator

Post by Deliverator »

I'm stuck on "Finding the Source of Light." Where the hell is the sixth glyph? Is it hidden somewhere?

Matt
"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory." - Neal Stephenson, "Snow Crash"
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sixth? There is no order here, because it's difficult to set a common reference system for all players. :) Perhaps it would be better if you told me what directions you have already unlocked? The glyphs can be found in 6 different parts, as described by the characters' dialog, and they are north, north-east, south-east, south, south-west and north-west.

One of them, the south one, is kind of tricky to find, as you first have to open its chamber by moving to an illuminated hex at 34,62, which opens a chamber where you have to move to, to activate the hex at 23, 79. Then, you can find the glyph at 29,67.

Yes, it's tricky, but that was my intention when designing that area. That's why there are initially no foes to fight in there.

Also, it is possible that the one you can't find is the north one. In that case, you might want to wander around your start-of-scenario location. A cave wall opens as soon as you access the central area. I guess I should have explained it better.

MORE SPOILERS:
The glyphs are at 11,73 (SW), 6,47 (NW), 16,2 (N), 46,16 (NE), 58,78 (SE) and 29,67 (S).
Deliverator

Post by Deliverator »

Yeah, it was the south one. Got it now. Thanks. That's... really non-obvious.

Matt
"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory." - Neal Stephenson, "Snow Crash"
docrock

Post by docrock »

yo, thanks a f3kin lot for that great campaign. been a forum reuglar for more than 3 years by now, finally, ya got me to register. yea well, dat campaign is really great, but far too easy. i just luv ur stories and the talkin, but i managed to get about 5k gold after the first scenario and btw, from scenario 10 on the recall-list doubles. story-wise this is one hell of a good campaign. i really lub yer mal keshar. still, i feel like having too much gold for each scenario, even on difficult, as i play. and xcuse the 1337speak. :twisted:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The stupid recall list duplication bug is pursuing me in any campaign I play actually. I think we are working on it.

/me points at his sign above avatar.

Yes, the gold is too much, and I'll reduce it, probably as soon as the recall list duplication bug is gone, as I need to replay everything to do the balancing.

(I intended, originally, the player not to get more than 800 gold until scenario 14.)
docrock

Post by docrock »

so, yea, we agree on da duplication bug :) lol. one more thing, i forgot the first time, as u kinda seem to be one person of a very interested developer, there's one time to recruit dark adepts. and one time to get them fire faires. well, what about introducing them a bit more. they're kinda lost on the beginning and the end of the recruit list (beyond scrollin, even on 16:10). of cuz, everything is easy with enough trappers to slow em, but i'm sure yer gonna fix that :)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Version 0.2.3 released!

What's news? Well, the translation textdomain layout has been optimized to reuse existing mainline strings. Also did some balancing mentioned below in the important changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 0.2.3:
2007-10-29:
- General:
	* Bump version 0.2.1 to 0.2.3. Export as the Wesnoth 1.3.8-9 branch
- Units:
	* Balancing:
		+ Changed ranged attack for Demon Grunt: Fireball (fire 7-3, 1st strike) -> Infernal chill (cold 9-3)
		+ Changed ranged attack for Demon Warrior: Fireball (fire 10-3, 1st strike) -> Infernal chill (cold 10-4)
		+ Reduced "infernal chill" damage for Chaos Lore: 20-2 -> 17-2
		+ Reduced "ethereal blast" damage for Chaos Lore: 12-4 -> 11-4
		+ Reduced "ethereal blast" damage for Chaos Magus: 9-3 -> 7-4
		+ Removed First Strike special for Chaos Demon ranged attack
		+ Made Chaos Warlord level 5 instead of level 4
		+ Gave Skeleton Rider line their own movetype "undeadmountedfoot", with better stats
		+ Gave Elvish Hunter line better (grassland-like) defense on swamp water terrains
		+ Gave Brain Drainer {AMLA_TOUGH 3} (additional to NECROHEAL).
	* Updated descriptions:
		+ Fire Wisp
		+ Winged Demon, Demon
		+ Chaos Magus, Chaos Invoker, Chaos Lore
	* Added descriptions:
		+ Water Tidal, Water Spirit
		+ Demon Grunt, Demon Warrior
		+ Chaos Warlord
	* Code:
		+ Updated animations for: Demon Grunt, Demon Warrior

2007-10-28:
- Graphics:
	* Updated/recolored base frames: L1 Imp, Chaos Lore.
- Scenarios:
	* 14 - Bye and Behold
		+ Balancing
		+ Marked as finished

2007-10-27:
- Scenarios:
	* Maps: reverted maps 1, 2, 3 and 15 to map format before update in trunk of 2007-10-26.
	* 13 - E2 Boss
		+ Censoring of violence level

2007-10-26:
- Scenarios:
	* Maps: revised maps 1, 2, 3 and 15 for map format update in trunk of 2007-10-26.

2007-10-25:
- i18n:
	* Translations:
		+ Started Spanish translation (Shadow Master).
	* Optimized translations by using wesnoth-units textdomain in:
		+ Dark Adept, Dark Sorcerer, Necromancer (all strings)
		+ Death Baron (attacks only)
		+ Skeleton Rider (attacks only)
		+ Bone Knight (attacks except "trample")
		+ Kagthanus Psy Crawler ("fangs")
		+ Dread Bat ("fangs")
		+ Chaos Warlord / boss2 ("sword")
		+ Demon, Demon Grunt, Demon Warrior, Winged Demon (attacks)
		+ Dwarvish Arcanister (attacks)
		+ Dwarvish Explorer, Pathfinder, Scout (attacks)
		+ Dwarvish Firethrower (attacks)
		+ Dwarvish Runemaster (name and attacks), Runesmith (attacks)
		+ Elvish Civilian (attacks)
		+ Elvish Guard (attacks)
		+ Elvish Horseman (attacks)
		+ Elvish Hunter line ("sword")
		+ Custom Elvish Shaman (all strings)
		+ Lady of Light
- Units:
	* Bugfixes:
		+ Unit data consistency fix for custom Necromancer's female gender code;
		  fixed impossible unit type translation
		+ Gave TC code to Dwarvish Steamcopter line, Dwarvish Steamwheel line
	* Balancing:
		+ Tweaked completely Elynia's movetype (woodlandfloat -> elynia_lowfloat)
		  so that she can no longer fly high (she is intended only to fly very
		  low from the ground). However, she is still nimble at defending/moving
		  at caves and water, and has good defense on sand and tundra terrain.
		+ Gave Ghast {AMLA_TOUGH 3} (additional to NECROHEAL).
		+ Gave Dread Bat {AMLA_TOUGH 3} (additional to NECROHEAL).

Version 0.2.2:
2007-10-25:
- i18n:
	* Exported to Wescamp. Thanks Torangan for the help.
- Scenarios:
	* Regression bug: scenarios 13, 14, workarounded recall list duplication
- <CLOSED VERSION FOR CONSISTENCY>

2007-10-23:
- Terrain:
	* Got Gg^Vwm (Windmill-village terrain) working, finally. Dang. :)
So nothin' really impressive unless you count the load of balancing and important changes to the included units, specially the Demons. You'll notice if you play something interesting.

I still have the gold in my TO-DO list, I am aware of it.

However, in a more ominous tone... drum rolls, please. :mrgreen:

The next version of this campaign will no longer be compatible with Wesnoth 1.3.8-1.3.9, as it will use the following features implemented in SVN trunk:
* Mordante's terrain system border customization: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 819#259819
* Moi's enhancement to the existing [store_side] tag.

Thus, the only way to play 0.3.x will be to wait for 1.3.10 released, or to use current SVN snapshots (IF you feel like making your computer explode...).

Any bug fixes you report me here, for 0.2.3, will be corrected and exported to the campaign server without breaking 1.3.8-1.3.9 engine compatibility, as I still keep the "deprecated" branch in my HDD.

Now, go and enjoy.

EDIT: and yes, I'll fix the lack of information about your new recruits in scenarios 5 and 11 in the next revision. Not sure if that'll be 0.2.4 or 0.3.0, though.
Gedankenschinder

Post by Gedankenschinder »

@Shadowmaster:

Do you know when Wesnoth 1.3.10 will be released? ;) (Maybe you know such things as an official developer...) :)
ShikadiQueen

Post by ShikadiQueen »

Gedankenschinder wrote:@Shadowmaster:

Do you know when Wesnoth 1.3.10 will be released? ;) (Maybe you know such things as an official developer...) :)
OMG, you are abusing a developer! :wink:
I got better!
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

use the command "wesbot: when release" on IRC at freenode on #wesnoth to find that out.