My music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ael193

My music

Post by ael193 »

a bunch of stuff i made in garage band its all kinda old form when i was like 9 so the drums a little messed up along with some other stuf. i will have newer stuf posted later.

but first of all how do you post music????(i'm stupid and a idiot at html)( not realy stupid though i have an A avarege, i'm just new at this)
jeremy2
Music Contributor

Post by jeremy2 »

If you look at the bottom when you are composing a message, you should see a section labeled 'add an attachment'. The files have to be in a zip archive, and the maximum size is 1 MB.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Re: My music

Post by Aleksi »

ael193 wrote:a bunch of stuff i made in garage band its all kinda old form when i was like 9…
:shock: Yeah, ok… why not, but, if its really a mess, don't bother… We've had already too many people sending "stuff" they did for fun… if you want to do music for Wesnoth, start from scratch and FOR Wesnoth.

But, on the other hand, if someone likes your music they can use it for they're campaigns.

Aleksi. :wink:
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

ael193 wrote:a bunch of stuff i made in garage band its all kinda old form when i was like 9
ahh, I started at 21 :(

I think I started too late... :cry:
In quechquixcauh maniz cemanahuatl, ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo, yn itauhca in Mexico-Tenochtitlan
As long as the world exists, no one will forget the glory and honor of Mexico-Tenochtitlan - Culhuacan memorial
ael193

Post by ael193 »

thanks for telling me how, i started playing cello in 3rd grade and compose music frequently, i'll have some stuff soon
jeremy2
Music Contributor

Post by jeremy2 »

jdsampayo wrote: ahh, I started at 21 :(
I think I started too late... :cry:
I think I technically started when I was 5... though I really did not start seriously until I was in high school. It's never too late - sometimes the best people are the late bloomers. :)
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

i am a bit confused... I wanted you to listen something, a kind of of tribal song i made last weeks. But my problem is the size's file is about 100Mo( 24bit,44khz).

I convert it in mp3 (96kbit/s) and the size is 4,4Mo... If I convert it more (less than 96kbit/s) the sound is VERY awful and i dont want anybody to listen to that....

My song is about 6'27 (6min27s) and I want to post it with the best sound i can give... how can i do that?
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Use Ogg Vorbis, put it up on a site offering free hosting and put a link here?
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

which application can i use to convert in ogg vorbis? I have "sound converter" but it works without license only for files under 500Ko...? :o
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

*fisrt: thanks to torangan for his help and good advice! But i didnt find a good ogg converter working...maybe my file was too big (100Mo)??? The apply crash when it starts convert....(audion3 and oggdrop).

*I made a song last weeks that can be good for the game, IMHO. I call it " tribal war song" and you can hear it here

what you think?
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

hiro hito wrote:what you think?
:shock:

This is a nice piece, especially that part with the tribal chanting in the middle. Very atmospheric and professional-sounding. It gives me Peter Gabriel vibes -- and believe me, that is a big compliment coming from me.

However... as much as I love PG, Wesnoth is a fantasy game and this type of modern world music isn't quite fitting. First of all there's too much synths and synthetic-sounding grooves and secondly it's a bit too repetetive to make for good gameplay music that you hear over and over.

I don't decide what goes in the game and what doesn't, but I think I can hazard a guess what the music devs will say:

This music does not fit Wesnoth -- write an orchestral piece instead.
jeremy2
Music Contributor

Post by jeremy2 »

I think it could easily be converted into an orchestral piece with the right samples, though. Many of the synthy pads would sound great with strings as long as the proper phrasing is done on them.
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

@West:
thanks for advice and your opinion... Indeed i worked on the" ambience" to give a particular atmosphere to the piece.... (more than the harmonie who is very simple :oops: )... You are right when you say it's repetetive but i hoped it could work for a short campain'scenario... (games take time anyway... every music is repetetive at the end :wink: )

I have no problem with that, it was a try... i used to play rock/pop, so.....

@jeremy2:
thanks for advice. you maybe right when you said that it can be convert into orchestral piece, but my problem is that i dont have the appropriate materiel (classical sample, ect...) to make it.... :cry:
jeremy2
Music Contributor

Post by jeremy2 »

hiro hito wrote: @jeremy2:
thanks for advice. you maybe right when you said that it can be convert into orchestral piece, but my problem is that i dont have the appropriate materiel (classical sample, ect...) to make it.... :cry:
... well, the samples in the middle sound nice, though I guess there is a bit of a rock beat but not much of one. You could easily substitute the synth sounds for hand bells and strings, imo. If you need some help, I might be able to provide some, though like I said before I really like the samples that were used in there already and I am wondering exactly what kind of sounds you are lacking.