The @#$! crossroads!!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TuxVader

The @#$! crossroads!!

Post by TuxVader »

In the heir to the throne campaign on the "the crossroads" scenario, I'm getting my head handed to me. Big time. I only have one leveled unit, a level 3 Elvish Champion. Nothing else. Any hints?
Dark penguin of the sith.
Circon

Post by Circon »

Go back and level up several more units.
It my be my playstyle, but when I reached it on Medium, I had 5 lvl3 units and ca.10 lvl2.

How I do it:
Move Kalenz off to the eastern village. Send Kalenz, the arriving fighter, a healer (Druid or Shyde preferred) and 2 other strong units off north. With luck, you won't get into any fights and these 5 units can kill the northern orc.
Send the rest of the units up the road to the northwest. However, there a two ambushes near your castle early on... spring them by moving your first unit 1 square at a time, then bringing in the rest of your troops. Easy exp IMO.
RokStar

Post by RokStar »

This is my strategy:

a group with:
- Konrad
- Kalenz
- An elvish druid
- at least 2 fighter
- at least 2 archer
that goes to the north-east castle to stop the first lord
a group with:
- Delfador
- An elvish druid
- At least 2 fighter
- At least 2 archer
that goes through the forest to the north-west castle

Acting like that will produce these effects:
- the first group is able to fight only against the north-eastern unities
- the second group if well placed on the ground can stop the units coming from north-west and in the meanwhile level up
- the first group will be able to come on help to the second immediately after the defeat of the North-East leader

The only thing to avoid are ambush that will slow the entire strategy and some units can easily die...

Using this strategi on medium level with only two level 2 units (elven fighter lvl2) works fine
Thranduil

Post by Thranduil »

My advice is to send all elven unit direcly north through the woods (no ambushes at all) easily clear the eastern castle and then get to the crossroads.
All other units will slowly follow the road to the crossroads , where they will meet the much bigger wester army and resist until the elves arrive.
A useful idea is to recruit a scout to get the westernmost villages and gloriously lure some orcish unit away from the main battle at the crossroads.
The woods near the crossroads are full of ambushes, so keep on the road.

Of course my army was composed mainly by elven warriors, with three mages and some support unit.

Hope this will help....