Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
doofus-01
Art Director

Last Call - 1.16

Post by doofus-01 »

Feature freeze for 1.16 is June 20th, basically a month from now. Not a lot of time. What needs to be done by then? Here is what comes to my mind:
  1. Jinn - https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p664628
  2. Fire Wraith - https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 89#p664389
  3. Ophidian Nagas
  4. (possibly) One last new terrain or variation, something simple
There were other things planned, but they won't happen in time.

If I'm forgetting something important, please let me know.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Last Call - 1.16

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

If I'm forgetting something important, please let me know.
The Rabbits and Leech Monsters are to be pushed to 1.17? As mentioned here
The leech units have base images and unit files, but no portraits and animations.
(possibly) One last new terrain or variation, something simple
Archaic Resources has these stone path terrain which I think should be mainlined. They seem very nice.
Screenshot 2021-05-16 105411.png
However, if something really simple is required, this Snow Great Tree might be a better addition.
Screenshot 2021-05-16 105726.png
Screenshot 2021-05-16 105726.png (305.32 KiB) Viewed 1200 times

One last inquiry, is the Fire Wraith supposed to be an advancement for the Fire Guardian or..is it the portrait for the Fire Guardian? :hmm:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Last Call - 1.16

Post by doofus-01 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 16th, 2021, 4:59 am The Rabbits and Leech Monsters are to be pushed to 1.17? As mentioned here
The leech units have base images and unit files, but no portraits and animations.
Yeah. In principle, there could be more time to work on filling them out during the release candidates as long as a base gets in before then. But there is already more than enough to do in that period.
Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 16th, 2021, 4:59 am Archaic Resources has these stone path terrain which I think should be mainlined. They seem very nice.
They mostly work as is, but they would still need some fixing, it might be a can of worms.
Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 16th, 2021, 4:59 am However, if something really simple is required, this Snow Great Tree might be a better addition
That's certainly simple enough. Thanks for the suggestion.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects