Royal warrior portrait

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Odium

Re: Royal warrior portrait

Post by Odium »

1. The hanging cod piece thing looks like it's facing us directly. This implies to my brain, along with the slope of the waist, that his hips are angled towards us directly as well.
I don't think this plate with the gem is supposed to be in the middle, it seems it's just placed on the flank and you could imagine that here is another one on the other side, behind the shield. So yeah, it is facing us directly
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

Thanks for the continued feedback, I appreciate. A few answers :

- Gem plate is indeed not a codpiece at all but hangs on the side like Odium wrote ; to clarify, here's what it looks like without the shield
Royal-warrior-detail.jpg
- Upper legs shape and shading is alright as far as I can tell ; the pattern drawing may not be perfect though, and thus ends playing tricks on the eye. I'm willing to let it slide either way since they barely show in the cropped version that will actually appear in-game.

- I slightly updated the shield to account for GunChleoc's comment. I think it does look better with the extra detail, the previous version felt unfinished compared to the extremely ornate plates.

Portrait is final and committed as of tonight.
Attachments
Royal-warrior-4.jpg
royal-warrior.png
royal-warrior.png (243.47 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

He looks great :)