Attack buttons

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Yeah, tomahawk blades are more triangular. They're also (traditionally) made of stone.
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

hmmm i thnik we should rename tomahawk to hand axe or throwing axe... tomahawks are very endian oriented and have a very definite look... that one looks nice, a bit slender on the blade though... id go for a more suited throwing form... balanced and maybe a bit curved.

Btwn... i'll try another claws version from the rear as fmunoz suggested
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Currently tomahack is used as ranged weapon por dwarven lord, the name pick seems a bit errr extrange to me.. I wanted to change it but never did.
MAybe use hatchet instead tomahawk.
telex4

Post by telex4 »

Most dwarven axes I've ever seen look huge, chunky and finely ingrained with runes and such things, a bit like this funny looking figurine. Dwarves are immensely strong and so could easily through a larger axe than a tomahawk.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Renamed to hatchet in the CVS
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

The axe...

methinks

Post by methinks »

Nice.Make handle a bit longer and if possible metal a bit more contrasty :)
-Adam
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

O.k. I will try try to correct this a bit... meanwhile my first try at Darts... NOTE they are not like playing darts but more based on medieval ninja/asasin like darts (small throwing blades... ) though with a more fantasy touch (colors and so...) Comments appreciated

Slainte

Post by Slainte »

A mod from the original sword to generate the banesword

Svetac

Post by Svetac »

Hey Slainte, that sword looks awesome. Feel free to edit any of my weapon pics if you have any ideas to improve them guys.

Slainte, I think that the axe and battleaxe need a little bit of highlight at the metal parts.
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

thnx svetac... yep, the axes need some more work... they are right in shape and all I think, but the heads lack some shading :)

BTW same apply to my images... any mods are wellcome... on that banesword... well I kept it a mod for proportions :) reworked the handle and some parts on the blade changed in design... but mostly it is a color change other than the handle part.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

IMHO you should make the bane sword darker and more sinister... after all its the wraiths' weapon (and soon specters too)
methinks

Post by methinks »

Just a side note: what I hate about most of icons is that their proportions are not lifelike :) I mean longsword is short. Shortsword is like knife :P

Anyway, nice job, I would make darts more lifelike, so less saturated colours if any. Do you have some nice references for such darts?
-Adam
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

this is my small contribution- you probably will not like it, but it might make an OK placeholder.

and i think the darts need to have a sharp point, or blade, or whatever, They look, to me, like medicine capsules.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Circon

Post by Circon »

mm yeah... the darts look like magic markers.

turin... change the background to the background used in all the others, then it would be fine. Maybe remove the eyes too, after all its Fangs not Gaze... hey thats an idea... do any units have a Gaze attack?