A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szopen

Post by szopen »

A campaign has been published on campaign server.

2 scenarios are completed and balanced. Third scenario is dialogue only.
The campaign is intented to be trivial on easy and relatively easy on normal.
Hard level is for masochists and is deemed imposisble (though it may be balnaced later).

1) What do you think about story. Is there too much talk? What do you think should be changed?
2) Send me your replays and savegames, so I could see whether the campaign is indeed easy and what I can expect from players while on fourth scenario (adanilecki cs put poznan pl _this is for spambots_ do not include it)
3) If you want to contribute graphics, post them at A New Order thread in art forum
4) Corrections of WML, my bad English and other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for Rhuvaen and Scott for remarks about Akladian units. Especially Rhuvaen help was of great use.

Thanks for anyone trying it.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Aaargh.

I downloaded the campaign to check if everything will be allright.

Then I found I mistaknely used once C- comments (//) which cause message about error (the game may be continued, though). I corrected it, and wanted to update the campaign, but I got the response "passphrase is invalid" or soemthing like this. I have not edite *pbl file, yet no passphrase is there?
scott

Post by scott »

You might have to beg frame to send you the passphrase
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Hmm.. it does not load with Wesonth 0.9.3. I found the error but I can't update the campaign on server right now, due to passphrase problem.
szopen

Post by szopen »

New version of the campaign is uploaded to campaign server. It now has 2 balanced scenarios, one dialogue scenario, one of unbalanced (though finished) scenario and one unfinished, unbalanced.

It seems to work now with 0.9.3

I would be most happy with people commenting on campaign. Savegames and replays would be extremely useful for me to make the campaign better (maybe even playable) :D
szopen

Post by szopen »

New version uploaded to server. o new fully finished scenarios are added, this is correcting of the misspellings, bugs, new details etc.

Status of the campaign:

3 scenarios fully working, balanced
2 scenarios working, dialogue only
2 scenarios finished, not balanced - they are two alternative branch after Battle of Barnon
1 scenario partially finished

It would be most helpful if anyone would post here their savegames, replays etc so I could a) know how people are dealing with difficulties in campaign b) are there any people actually playing this
szopen

Post by szopen »

New version, 0.0.5 added to server. Two more unbalanced scenarios added. Next version will add two another. Then I will set for balancing and correcting bugs.

I have planned about 20 scenarios in total, right now, but it could end of being more.

As usual, people actually playing it are welcomed to send me or post here their replays, savegames and made witty remarks.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

i have bug, whenn i end first scenario, i get error :?
szopen

Post by szopen »

What is your version of campaign and Wesnoth? Can you send me replay/savegame just before the end? What was the error message ?

I am most grateful for beta-testing, and even more grateful for more informations (I just had played newest version yesterday and I had no errors, though I had to correct minor detail because the savegames did not loaded properly because of using of "-" in names of variables.

In fact, I would today release another version, but I forgot to take it with myself from home :D :D :D

I am balancing, correcting errors etc because it was so ridicolously easy in some levels. The next version will be at Monday, with more balanced out scenarios and more new scenarios (I hope, if my daughter won't interfere with that plans )
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

error message: unit not found 'Alkadian Light Infantry_cAlkadian Pikeneer_c'
campaign ver 0.05
wesnoth 0.9.3
szopen

Post by szopen »

tomsik wrote:error message: unit not found 'Alkadian Light Infantry_cAlkadian Pikeneer_c'
campaign ver 0.05
wesnoth 0.9.3
Tomsik, I would be most grateful if you would send me your savegame. Before 0.0.4 savegames were saved with errors.

Does anyone else also have this problem?
szopen

Post by szopen »

Thanks, the bug is corrected, today I will release new version as soon as I will finish balancing "the swamp things" scenario.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Version 0.0.6 has been released to server. Status:

1. Breaking the Circle: finished
2. Fighting for pass: finished
3. Conversation (dialogue): finished
4. Battle of Barnon: finished

After battle of Barnon there is branch:
5a. The swamp things: finished (though i am not sure whether it is easy enough. I had mixed succes why playing the newest version, sometimes it was damn easy, sometimes lizards were finishing me in 10th turn)
5b. Unexpected guests: finished

6. Separation (dialogue): finished

7. Ally from the past: finished, not balanced
8. Outlaw Base: finished, not balanced
9. Hired Swords: needs more dialogue, not finished
10. Siege of Haeltin: basic sketch, not even close to being finished.

Below there is detailed CHANGELOG. It may contain spoilers for some of you, therefore I've included spoiler space so you may scroll down and avoid reading it.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

*Adding sprites for king Hagarthen and advancement for Karen
*Correcting sprites for clanmember (blue,fiolet) and warrior (blue)
*Warrior now can turn into leader (the same level, but with different prospects in future. It may change in later releases)
*1 - Breaking the Circle: balancing the campaign (lowering difficulties), adding Reme advises, correcting variable names which caused errors while loading savegames, poisoning Gawen is now done via macro.
*2 - Fighting for pass: adding OR clause, so after defeating the enemy leader Gawen
do not have to reach signpost, correcting a bug which caused a scenario not to load on EASY level.
*3 - Conversation: adding missing checking for ano_assa_interrogated variable (if Lorin had chance to interrogate the assassin the dialogue should be different)
*4 - Battle of Barnon: corrected bugs to correctly calculate bonus, added printing informations about how long Gawen had resisted overhelming enemy forces. I fell it is too easy, I easily manage to resist to end of turns, finishing with over 400gp, but then, the campaign should be easy isn't it?
*5ax,5bx - fake scenarios before swamp things and unexpected guests: finally it works with restoring Lady Lorin as separate player (before it just ignored the ano_lorin_stored variable and created new unit)
*5b - Swamp things: corrected dialogue, added recruit list. Corrected bug which caused Lizards not to recruit units. Corrected checking for ano_saurian_interrogated variable, balancing, changing map a bit. I hope it is easy enough now, though I had mixed success playing it.
*5a - Unexpected guests: corrected dialogue, added recruit list, corrected irritating bug which cause the scenario to be saved as "Swamp things", added Lorin reminding that she should have a final blow and chance for interrogation of northern orc, balancing (it was hard to finish on time with 20 turns), adding 200 gp at the end of scenario. It's very easy now, as it should be.
*6 - Separation: Clicking at the end of turn ends scenario, allowing not to recall five best troops. Recalls are free of charge now in that scenario.
*7 - Ally from the past: Corrected the bug causing scenario to be written with another name, clearing recall list so Gawen can't recruit Akladian units. Correted dialogue. Restoring Gawen now works correctly (unstore_unit finally worked and replaced unit created by game as it should be).

E
N
D

O
F

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
szopen

Post by szopen »

Just to avoid misuderstandings, the bug which happened on EASY after first scenario (with error like Akladian_LightInfantry_cAkladian Pikeneer_c not found or something like that) should be corrected with the newest version. Download it and try whether it still complains.

Thanks for all the bug reports and comments.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

in newest ver i still have bug :?
but you that save what you send me works good :)