Hearts of the North - Campaign Cycle [1.16]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fable_lake

Re: Hearts of the North - Campaing Series [1.14]

Post by fable_lake »

Hi

I announce the premiere of Ray Among Shadows
The more information about campaing in main post, you can fast go there by link in my signature

I once wrote that the overall plans for the series are to include three main parts and one prequel, but it turns out there will be more ...
The campaign is available on the wesnoth 1.14 add-ons page

Each story told in the Hearts of the North series is actually a side plot, in fact the main goal of Hearts of the North is to create one huge campaign that contains numerous stories on the background of the one that is actually the main storyline. Every story title that I publish is actually an intriguing chapter in that one story. Of course, each part of the story can actually be played as a separate title with its own told story because it is like that, but the events that happen there are in the background of something completely another.
Last edited by fable_lake on June 29th, 2021, 11:13 am, edited 19 times in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

but it turns out there will be more ...
Woah..you're on fire!

Anyways, more story-driven campaigns are always welcomed!
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hi

I did another full playthrought round through the whole DM - Distant Memory campaing and so the polishing update 2.0.6 came out, you finds really little in it: a few fixed typos.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hi everyone

RAS v1.0.2

Attention! It is incompatible with the previous version of the campaign
Spoiler:
Last edited by fable_lake on July 6th, 2021, 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hi, can you please make one common "music" resource add-on for your series? Or..do these contain "unique" music tracks for each?

I am starting MoW today.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-29 165814.png
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 29th, 2021, 10:59 am Hi, can you please make one common "music" resource add-on for your series? Or..do these contain "unique" music tracks for each?
I think so, but I think it might take a while and I don't know how big files can be uploaded. I suspect that I will have to create two music packages.
For some campaigns, the music is repeated one or two track, but some are also unique.

Edit: I think that in an hour I will upload the Hearts of the North music package to the server
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

(Still stuck in TDooO, played very latest version) Hmmm...
Screenshot Error Unit Advances.png
When I tried to debug unit advances with Elf Guardian (the same thing when reached his AMLA), the error shown up above. That's why his exp is still blue:
Screenshot Weird XP.png
Screenshot Weird XP.png (74.28 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Thanks for the post about it, already fixed in the version just released. It's just that in the files of this unit I didn't change its promotion path to - null
Full changelog of all released and noted versions of HOTN campaings you will find on main post where I recently made a table for that.
Edit: Every now and then when I will releasing any of the updates for the campaigns, I will also wrote changelog for each version in the main post in the table Changelog
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Hearts of the North - Campaign Cycle [1.14 - 1.16]

Post by octalot »

In 1.16, the Wose Shaman unit became part of core, instead of being a campaign-specific unit in Delfador's Memoires. I've just noticed a warning that something else is creating a unit with the same ID, and I think it's HOTN.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

octalot wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:02 am In 1.16, the Wose Shaman unit became part of core, instead of being a campaign-specific unit in Delfador's Memoires. I've just noticed a warning that something else is creating a unit with the same ID, and I think it's HOTN.
Thank you for the information, the fix for this bug has been included in the latest version
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

There are two extra_defines= statements in HOTN's Melody of Wrath campaign, for ENABLE_WOLF_ADVANCEMENT and ENABLE_TROLL_SHAMAN. In 1.16 these changed how these should be used, for an example see how SotA's _main.cfg uses {ENABLE_DEATH_KNIGHT}.

Also, I think the second extra_defines= line overrode the first one.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

octalot wrote: December 10th, 2021, 1:53 pm There are two extra_defines= statements in HOTN's Melody of Wrath campaign, for ENABLE_WOLF_ADVANCEMENT and ENABLE_TROLL_SHAMAN. In 1.16 these changed how these should be used, for an example see how SotA's _main.cfg uses {ENABLE_DEATH_KNIGHT}.

Also, I think the second extra_defines= line overrode the first one.
Thanks again for the info, a little bit of patch work is no problem. I will release a fix for this along with new update for HOTN when it will be ready.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

A small update for HOTN for Wesnoth 1.16
Patch 1.1.5 has been released today which brings it closer to the stable sub-version 1.2.0

Changelog
Spoiler:
I will be releasing small updates from time to time (week by week probably) with portions of material, which will effectively bring HOTN closer to stable 2.0.0
I am going to take care of calm control and observation of text and files of all five campaigns.

Edit:16.12.2021

Attention!

Hearts of the North has been removed from 1.14 add-ons page
Last edited by fable_lake on January 4th, 2022, 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Hearts of the North - Campaign Cycle [1.16]

Post by octalot »

There's two leftover [advancefrom] tags in the WML, in units/dwarves/centurion.cfg and units/elementals/Fire_Warden.cfg. You've already added the [modify_unit_type] tags for these, so it's no problem for the players, but [advancefrom] might trigger a player-visible warning in Wesnoth 1.16.2. No rush, it's much more likely that it will be postponed until 1.16.3; the discussion is in (#6204).
fable_lake

Re: Hearts of the North - Campaign Cycle [1.16]

Post by fable_lake »

octalot wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 1:51 pm There's two leftover [advancefrom] tags in the WML, in units/dwarves/centurion.cfg and units/elementals/Fire_Warden.cfg. You've already added the [modify_unit_type] tags for these, so it's no problem for the players, but [advancefrom] might trigger a player-visible warning in Wesnoth 1.16.2. No rush, it's much more likely that it will be postponed until 1.16.3; the discussion is in (#6204).
Thank you for help I had miss those two, with version 1.2.0 they were removed.

Little Update Changelog
Spoiler: