WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vghetto

Re: WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Post by vghetto »

weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] The fief call should arrive on turn 30 instead of turn 3, for two reasons: (1) it is an "URGENT" call, not something that can wait for a whole season. (2) I think it lets you skip entire seasons if you respond to the fief ASAP, which means the terrible undeads and calamities can be skipped over and prevented from spawning.
Hmm, that's the whole point of those side-quests, to allow for skipping seasons and potential fights. :roll:
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] The number of fief enemies shouldn't be random, just give them a random amount of starting gold if randomness is desired.
The number of units they can recruit depend on the cost of those units.
Or, did you mean the random number of enemy leaders?
I've changed the chance of another enemy leader spawning to be 1 in 10. You're less likely to come up against one now, but if you do, they will be of the same faction and you'll start with double gold.

This point was unclear to me, I hope I addressed it. If not, let me know :)
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] An option to abandon fief would be nice: if the enemies turn out to be too strong, you can have your leader run away to the edge of the map or something. Then you don't get any gold rewards, but at least your campaign doesn't end.
Hmm, not sure if I'll do this. I'm allowing for skipping a season only to skip a fief as well?
You can always reload the main starting save file to regenerate the map and the number of enemy leaders.
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] Fief's gold reward seems incredibly high. Not only do you get the base 1000? gold, you also get the village income AND the early finish bonus, for a total of usually over 1600 gold. How about reducing the base gold to 500, and getting rid of the village income and early finish gold?
I don't remember why I had it that high in the first place :|
I lowered them to 200. Hope that makes it more reasonable.
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] How about increasing fief difficulty and reward every time you beat one? Something like, +200 gold reward each time, but the two enemies each gain +30 starting gold on average?
Don't know if I'll do this. doubtful.
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] Finally, I wanna eat mushrooms in fief! They just sit there, taunting me! :lol:
Haha. Done :)
weewah

Post by weewah »

vghetto wrote: February 16th, 2021, 9:01 am
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] The number of fief enemies shouldn't be random, just give them a random amount of starting gold if randomness is desired.
The number of units they can recruit depend on the cost of those units.
Or, did you mean the random number of enemy leaders?
I've changed the chance of another enemy leader spawning to be 1 in 10. You're less likely to come up against one now, but if you do, they will be of the same faction and you'll start with double gold.

This point was unclear to me, I hope I addressed it. If not, let me know :)
I meant the number of enemy leaders, because it seemed weird to randomly have doubled difficulty. If your gold also doubles then its fine.

(Although now you have more starting gold than the enemy, even on hard, so that's kinda easy.)
vghetto wrote: February 16th, 2021, 9:01 am
weewah wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:21 am [*] Fief's gold reward seems incredibly high. Not only do you get the base 1000? gold, you also get the village income AND the early finish bonus, for a total of usually over 1600 gold. How about reducing the base gold to 500, and getting rid of the village income and early finish gold?
I don't remember why I had it that high in the first place :|
I lowered them to 200. Hope that makes it more reasonable.
I mainly asked because I was trying out a new challenge idea.

Town of No Wind: Never build a windmill. ON HARD.

Wesnoth 1.14.14, WF 1.11.13.
WF-A New Beginning replay.gz
(246.89 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
I chose the +200 starting gold option, because I was expecting to be poor.
WF-Summer of Dreams replay.gz
(302.57 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
ZERO income from villages henceforth, because no windmill = no caravan.

Did pretty well I think, between enemy leader bounties and enemy kill bounties, I was making enough to make ends meet and more.
WF-Fief Uprising replay.gz
(47.73 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Single enemy fief, I had dwarves and won with ease.
WF-Autumn of Gold replay.gz
(319.25 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Ridiculous gold reward from fief kinda ruined the challenge here. I built up so many villages..

Also realized a problem: near the season end, a necromancer spawned on the west signpost that I had to get a unit to for the fief mission.
So I zerged the undead to get them out of the way, and killed the leader before it could even build a keep. Got a hefty 200+ gold bounty too.

That seems kinda unfair, like maybe they should get a turn the moment they spawn, so you can't just ambush them.
Then again, that would make season end enemy spawns be incredibly annoying when you just want to get a unit to the signpost for fief.
WF-Fall Guardians replay.gz
(53.14 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
That's no fief! :shock:

Is the monster reward random? Could I get a FIRE DRAGON from this?!

Also because it was Elves vs Elves, I couldn't understand the intro dialogue at all because I didn't know which elvish speaker was my ally and which was the enemy. :hmm:
WF-Winter of Storms-Auto-Save19.gz
(512.79 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Tutorial Delfador started talking about windmills at the start of winter. He must be going senile because there is no such thing as a windmill. :lol:

At this point I had so much gold that I started wasting it by pointlessly cutting down trees everywhere and making the elves so angry :P .

But now I'm abandoning this replay to retry the challenge with the reduced fief rewards.

Edit: Also found a bug(?): when my Grand Knight leveled up its +1 strike AMLA, the marksman bow it picked up also got one strike added. Is that intentional?

Edit2: I just realized I should also ban fiefs from my challenge. That way I never have to go to the map edge, and so I can simply surround my town with a moat ring of mushrooms and never leave.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am Town of No Wind: Never build a windmill. ON HARD.

Wesnoth 1.14.14, WF 1.11.13.
Haha, nuts. You did really well. I enjoyed watching them.
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am ZERO income from villages henceforth, because no windmill = no caravan.
And no market artifacts, like Wose Sense! I'll get back to this later.
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am Also realized a problem: near the season end, a necromancer spawned on the west signpost that I had to get a unit to for the fief mission.
So I zerged the undead to get them out of the way, and killed the leader before it could even build a keep. Got a hefty 200+ gold bounty too.
Seemed fine to me.
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am WF-Fall Guardians replay.gz

No dragon, but you might get a Yeti :)
Should I include the dragons?? The'll look funny with the cage :lol:
No seriously, should I include the dragons?
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am Also because it was Elves vs Elves, I couldn't understand the intro dialogue at all because I didn't know which elvish speaker was my ally and which was the enemy. :hmm:
You happened to get the elves, each time it is a different enemy faction, like the regular fiefs.
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am Tutorial Delfador started talking about windmills at the start of winter. He must be going senile because there is no such thing as a windmill. :lol:
Tutorial Delfador didn't foresee this type of challenge :)
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am Edit: Also found a bug(?): when my Grand Knight leveled up its +1 strike AMLA, the marksman bow it picked up also got one strike added. Is that intentional?
That is fine, the +1 strike and +1 damage is supposed to apply to all attack types.

Back to the wose quest. It took you forever to complete, which made me think. Should I reduce the required number from 10 to 5? Or, should I allow cutting the big trees as an alternative?

You would have completed this quest much more quickly if 1) You had wose sense, or 2) You blew the lighthouse siren.
The siren would have moved all the animals towards you and that includes woses.
It might have been worthwhile blowing the siren in the winter, since the rest of the animals were charging towards you anyway.
What do you think? Keep as is, or change?

Some other observations, you could have selected "No" when asked about paying the fee. That would have allowed you to switch to other quests, like killing the wolves...
I changed the text for the question. to make it clear that you don't have to pay right on that moment.

Finally, if your peasant worker is injured, planting a mushroom farm would have healed it on completion.
It might be worthwhile having them plant one after they do an attack, so they'll get healed if uninterrupted.

Btw, in the upcoming WF upload, the replays will give an error. So anyone who'd like to watch the replays do it now before I upload the next version.

for future reference, these replays can be viewed with the following commit.
git branch replay ffd4483
weewah

Post by weewah »

vghetto wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:48 pm
weewah wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:05 am WF-Fall Guardians replay.gz

No dragon, but you might get a Yeti :)
Should I include the dragons?? The'll look funny with the cage :lol:
No seriously, should I include the dragons?
Only if you have to pay it lots of gold to feed the dragon's insatiable greed :D .
vghetto wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:48 pm
2) You blew the lighthouse siren.
The siren would have moved all the animals towards you and that includes woses.

Finally, if your peasant worker is injured, planting a mushroom farm would have healed it on completion.
It might be worthwhile having them plant one after they do an attack, so they'll get healed if uninterrupted.
What. :shock: I did not know these! I'm now going to spam lighthouse sirens like no tomorrow. Have you seen how in all my replays, I recruit crazy amounts of horsemen/cavalry and just send them around the map aimlessly? The only reason they exist is so I can find and kill animals. If lighthouse siren summons the animals to me I no longer need to do that! This changes everything!
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

vghetto wrote: January 21st, 2020, 3:12 pm Updates messy changelog:
Spoiler:
I don't know exactly how to ask the question but I want to know what is your goal during that updates like do you have some kind of vision of the future how it will look or how it should look for you to say: "This is it. There is nothing more to upgrade."?
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

vorwi wrote: February 19th, 2021, 1:56 pm I don't know exactly how to ask the question but I want to know what is your goal during that updates like do you have some kind of vision of the future how it will look or how it should look for you to say: "This is it. There is nothing more to upgrade."?
I thought I answered this already.
vghetto wrote: January 15th, 2021, 2:13 pm
vorwi wrote: January 15th, 2021, 10:27 am 7. Are you planning to add more things? Can You tell me? :mrgreen:
I haven't uploaded it yet, but the details about the upcoming changes are already described in the messy changelog.

Most of my additions or changes come spontaneously and without much planning. They occur to me while I'm playing and something annoys me, so I try to fix it :)
No vision, just changing stuff that would piss me off while playing :)
Or, changing stuff that seem to piss off weewah in their replays.

Btw, next update will allow the peasants to clear snow tiles :lol: You know stuff like that.
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

vghetto wrote: February 19th, 2021, 3:47 pm
vorwi wrote: February 19th, 2021, 1:56 pm I don't know exactly how to ask the question but I want to know what is your goal during that updates like do you have some kind of vision of the future how it will look or how it should look for you to say: "This is it. There is nothing more to upgrade."?
I thought I answered this already.
Yes there was a similiar question.
I guess i was hoping for something more than:
vghetto wrote:They occur to me while I'm playing and something annoys me, so I try to fix it :)
So bascially You are going to upgrade things till there will bo nothing annoying in your opinion :P
Well thats still sounds promising so i cant wait to discover new content :3
weewah

Post by weewah »

In the middle of playing with Endless Sirens on WF 1.12.1, have some feedback:
  • Peasant Workers are way too cheap at only 19 gold, considering their very high impact damage output and above average hp. Granted they have no advancement, but they can build, so that kinda balances out.
  • I noticed that even in year 1, there are blobs of bandits of random factions spawning. Except they are side 2?!? Also they just sit there motionlessly until someone gets too close, instead of attacking my town.
  • I found a enemy leader bones that spawns undead periodically. The other leader bones don't.. Odd.
  • Why can't we build more than 2 stables? At 30 gold and 3 turns, they are the cheapest training halls.
  • Why can't loyal units train in recruiting buildings?
  • The Library's Farm report really should not say that farm yields under construction are farms that I do not own. It should be telling me that I don't own a farm only if an enemy has taken it. (I'm actually confused why yields are pre-built while farms and all other buildings are post-built. Is there a reason yields can't be post-built too?)
  • Fiefs still give a lot of gold. It has to do with the fief villages and early finish bonus. I got 580 early finish bonus gold, which is 29 turns of 20 gold each. Maybe the fief village income should be set to 0?
  • The +3 max HP AMLA is kinda weak compared to the rest, how about making it +10% max HP instead?
  • The +1 strike AMLA remains super overpowered on units like Cavalier, Master at Arms, Dwarven Dragonguard, Trolls, Woses, etc. Anything that has a powerful 1 or 2 strike attack. How about simply adding a cap on the number of +1 strike AMLAs that can be taken? If capped at +1 strike in total, then the above units are strong at first, but later get overtaken by units with lots of strikes like Elves and Paladins after they get many +1 damage AMLAs.
  • Siren calling is actually pretty weak. Sure, the first turn you do it, there are like 20 animals charging towards your town. But after you kill the initial horde, there are only like, 3? animal spawns per turn? So you just get a small trickle of animals attacking you if you keep the Siren on constantly. How about letting the siren be called at different volume/length settings to increase the animal spawn rates? Because the wolf/wose quests are still annoyingly slow...
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm In the middle of playing with Endless Sirens on WF 1.12.1, have some feedback:
Awesome!
I need to think about some of them. For now I'll answer the following:
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] I noticed that even in year 1, there are blobs of bandits of random factions spawning. Except they are side 2?!? Also they just sit there motionlessly until someone gets too close, instead of attacking my town.
These are guardians. Two groups would always spawn near the edge somewhere, but never near the signs or your units.
They won't move unless a unit gets close to them. The siren won't draw them in either.

I added them to help with completing some of the quests. For example, they would count for the rogue elves/dwarves quests if they happened to be an elf or a dwarf.
They can drop relics as well and killing their leader would give the gold that side 2 has at the time.
Whenever you kill off one group, another group would spawn somewhere else.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] I found a enemy leader bones that spawns undead periodically. The other leader bones don't.. Odd.
Bones that have a label on them will spawn undead. Those undead are guardians like the above (they move depending on proximity).

Bones that you haven't tried to pick up won't spawn undead.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] Why can't loyal units train in recruiting buildings?
It's a tradeoff. Units that can recruit or are loyal cannot get free XP.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] The Library's Farm report really should not say that farm yields under construction are farms that I do not own. It should be telling me that I don't own a farm only if an enemy has taken it. (I'm actually confused why yields are pre-built while farms and all other buildings are post-built. Is there a reason yields can't be post-built too?)
Technical reasons. It has to do with deciding if two farm yields are adjacent or not.
Fixing this requires adding an intermediate terrain type, (not interested in doing that right now).

I went with the short cut of using the final terrain type but only capturing it on completion. That is why they appear in the report along with the other unowned villages.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] Fiefs still give a lot of gold. It has to do with the fief villages and early finish bonus. I got 580 early finish bonus gold, which is 29 turns of 20 gold each. Maybe the fief village income should be set to 0?
hmm, I'll reduce the reward further.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] The +3 max HP AMLA is kinda weak compared to the rest, how about making it +10% max HP instead?
That is {AMLA_DEFAULT}, the vanilla standard advancement. I don't think I'll be changing this.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] The +1 strike AMLA remains super overpowered on units like Cavalier, Master at Arms, Dwarven Dragonguard, Trolls, Woses, etc. Anything that has a powerful 1 or 2 strike attack. How about simply adding a cap on the number of +1 strike AMLAs that can be taken? If capped at +1 strike in total, then the above units are strong at first, but later get overtaken by units with lots of strikes like Elves and Paladins after they get many +1 damage AMLAs.
The amla system in WF is supposed to be one size fits all. I don't want to get bogged down on which unit type gets what sort of thing. Especially since other players are introducing additional units via custom mods. I want the WF amla to work for those units too.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] Siren calling is actually pretty weak. Sure, the first turn you do it, there are like 20 animals charging towards your town. But after you kill the initial horde, there are only like, 3? animal spawns per turn? So you just get a small trickle of animals attacking you if you keep the Siren on constantly. How about letting the siren be called at different volume/length settings to increase the animal spawn rates? Because the wolf/wose quests are still annoyingly slow...
I won't change the spawn rate of the animals, but I will reduce the quest requirement from 10 to 5 across the board.

Btw, did you notice that the mages can cast runes in the fief?
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm In the middle of playing with Endless Sirens on WF 1.12.1, have some feedback:
  • The +3 max HP AMLA is kinda weak compared to the rest, how about making it +10% max HP instead?
I am using this one only for peaseants. +10% hp sounds nice <3
weewah

Post by weewah »

vghetto wrote: February 24th, 2021, 7:09 am
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] I found a enemy leader bones that spawns undead periodically. The other leader bones don't.. Odd.
Bones that have a label on them will spawn undead. Those undead are guardians like the above (they move depending on proximity).

Bones that you haven't tried to pick up won't spawn undead.
Huh. That's pretty neat, now we have 3 choices for what to do with enemy leaders: bounty, artifact, or stream of xp. Does killing these undead also give a kill bounty?

Also does having lots of labeled bones increase the total number of undead spawned?

Also they don't seem to act like the guardians, they move towards my base just like the normal wild animals after I blow the siren. (Possibly also before I blow the siren, but I can't tell since I am spamming the siren.
vghetto wrote: February 24th, 2021, 7:09 am
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] The +3 max HP AMLA is kinda weak compared to the rest, how about making it +10% max HP instead?
That is {AMLA_DEFAULT}, the vanilla standard advancement. I don't think I'll be changing this.
weewah wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:58 pm [*] The +1 strike AMLA remains super overpowered on units like Cavalier, Master at Arms, Dwarven Dragonguard, Trolls, Woses, etc. Anything that has a powerful 1 or 2 strike attack. How about simply adding a cap on the number of +1 strike AMLAs that can be taken? If capped at +1 strike in total, then the above units are strong at first, but later get overtaken by units with lots of strikes like Elves and Paladins after they get many +1 damage AMLAs.
The amla system in WF is supposed to be one size fits all. I don't want to get bogged down on which unit type gets what sort of thing. Especially since other players are introducing additional units via custom mods. I want the WF amla to work for those units too.
That's not what I meant.

What I mean is, currently, in amla.cfg, you have:

Code: Select all

#define AMLA_EXTRA_STRIKE
    [advancement]
        strict_amla=yes
        max_times=100
        id=amla_strike
        description= _ "+1 Strike, Max XP +20%"
        image="icons/amla-default.png"
        #require_amla=amla_default
        [effect]
            apply_to=attack
            increase_attacks=1
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=hitpoints
            heal_full=yes
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=max_experience
            increase=20%
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=status
            remove=poisoned
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=status
            remove=slowed
        [/effect]
    [/advancement]
#enddef
Just set the max_times to 1 instead of 100, then things will balance out and this will work for ALL units. The units with few strikes start out stronger because the +1 strike AMLA will give them a lot more damage at first. But since they have less strikes, they get less of a damage boost from the +1 damage AMLA, so the other units that have many strikes will eventually catch up and become stronger.

That way the players have a nice tradeoff in unit recruitment: do they focus on units with few strikes, which are great early on but fall behind over time? Or units with many strikes, which eventually become the best?

Similarly, for the +10% HP amla, you don't have to modify the default AMLA, just add another option:

Code: Select all

#define AMLA_EXTRA_HP
    [advancement]
        strict_amla=yes
        max_times=100
        id=amla_strike
        description= _ "Max HP +10%, Max XP +20%"
        image="icons/amla-default.png"
        #require_amla=amla_default
        [effect]
            apply_to=hitpoints
            increase_total=10%
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=hitpoints
            heal_full=yes
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=max_experience
            increase=20%
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=status
            remove=poisoned
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=status
            remove=slowed
        [/effect]
    [/advancement]
#enddef
vghetto wrote: February 24th, 2021, 7:09 am Btw, did you notice that the mages can cast runes in the fief?
No I didn't notice.

In my experience, runes are really only for one purpose: killing masses of ghosts in winter.
For everything else, mushrooms are better.

Incidentally that means the spike traps are pretty much useless, since they are essentially weaker runes that deal physical damage. Though I suppose that if book of fungi isn't chosen and the player has lots of money and idle workers, spike traps could work. Also if they persist after winter ends while mushrooms don't.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

weewah wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:03 pm Does killing these undead also give a kill bounty?
No, they are regular units, so it is 13% of the unit cost.
weewah wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:03 pm Also does having lots of labeled bones increase the total number of undead spawned?
Yes.
weewah wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:03 pm Also they don't seem to act like the guardians, they move towards my base just like the normal wild animals after I blow the siren. (Possibly also before I blow the siren, but I can't tell since I am spamming the siren.
Oops, that's was a bug. I gave the guardian status to cursed ring spawn instead. I'll fix that, they will both be guardians.
weewah wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:03 pm Similarly, for the +10% HP amla, you don't have to modify the default AMLA, just add another option:
The default amla will show up in the list anyway unless I explicitly remove it, and that's what I didn't want to do.

Well, I could mess with the amount of XP for each type:
default amla is 20% xp increase
damage, loyal and 10% hp will be 40% xp increase
strike and canrecruit will be 60% xp increase
weewah wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:03 pm Incidentally that means the spike traps are pretty much useless, since they are essentially weaker runes that deal physical damage.
Yeah they were supposed to be the poor man's rune :)
I don't know I might expand the peasant traps in the future, or reduce the rune's damage.
Edit: I'll make them poisonous, how about that?
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

weewah wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:03 pm Incidentally that means the spike traps are pretty much useless, since they are essentially weaker runes that deal physical damage. Though I suppose that if book of fungi isn't chosen and the player has lots of money and idle workers, spike traps could work. Also if they persist after winter ends while mushrooms don't.
Additonal possibilities are never useless. Its normal to chose most powerful things in the late game but its good to have something common to use. If this is not enough then keep in mind that not all are using mages but all are using peasants.

btw custom units advancment make mages unable to use runes.
vghetto wrote: February 24th, 2021, 1:22 pm Yeah they were supposed to be the poor man's rune :)
I don't know I might expand the peasant traps in the future, or reduce the rune's damage.
Edit: I'll make them poisonous, how about that?
How about upgradable traps? slow/poison
So you can place cheap traps and upgrade unused one in late game.
or
few types of traps: some cheap and weak stuff and some more powerful
Spoiler:
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

vorwi wrote: February 24th, 2021, 6:37 pm btw custom units advancment make mages unable to use runes.
hmm, I'll see about fixing that. For now you can add those custom types to one of the CASTER_* in utils/unit_vers.cfg.
Can you give me a unit type to test on as an example?

Edit: nevermind, i think i got it.
weewah

Post by weewah »

Here's Town of No Wind + Endless Sirens. WF 1.12.1.
WF-A New Beginning replay.gz
(264.63 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Pretty dicey at the start, since I blew the siren ASAP, before I even built any recruiting buildings.

Fortunately, Peasant Workers are pretty cheap at 19 gold and they are a really strong level 1 unit.
WF-Summer of Dreams replay.gz
(286.65 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Leaving out fiefs since they are kinda vanilla.
WF-Autumn of Gold replay.gz
(297.84 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
WF-Winter of Storms replay.gz
(315.91 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
I did not get a free monster this time :(.
WF-Spring of Raindrops replay.gz
(333.88 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Year 2, difficulty spiked because all the orcs and undead start spamming level 2s endlessly. Is there a way to make them recruit a mix of level 1s and 2s instead of just level 2s? Like, maybe at the start of each turn, randomly disable/enable their ability to recruit level 2s?
WF-Abandoned Mine replay.gz
(62.21 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
I rejoiced at getting free dwarves instead of useless elves for once.

Then I saw the enemy leader.
Spoiler: